Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By InsaneInTheMembrane

Thread: What's your experience when coming off?

browboy is offline Associate Member

What's your experience when coming off?

So here's the deal. Just trying to see what other experienced when they came off a cycle-be it the first, second, third, etc. Was on a totally screwed up cycle which ended a month ago (week 1-9 eq 600mg week, week 5-9 winny 50mg eod) Okay I am an idiot and didn't know what I was doing...I got that now. Currently on pct of nolva and aromasin for another two weeks. Last shot was 8-13 & 8-17 respectively. I feel like shit! Pardon my french. I hear and have read on hear about people "crashing" when they come off and was just curious what different people experience, for how long, and did they do anything additionally to help get past it and back to normal.

Thanks,

Browboy

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    It can be hard but a good pct helps. In addition I cut back on my work outs and will almost always switch up my routine. people ask, I tell them I am getting to big and I am trying to lean out. After about 3-4 weeks you fine. Getting through that 3-4 weeks can be challenging. The worse thing you can do is to stop working out then all the work was for nothing! GL and stay strong and dream about your next cycle.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Words to live by. Well said, Great Advice

Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06
    Getting through that 3-4 weeks can be challenging. The worse thing you can do is to stop working out then all the work was for nothing! GL and stay strong and dream about your next cycle.

mx3
    mx3 is offline Senior Member
    coming off is always a depressing time, ya gotta fight through it.

Atomini is offline Banned
    It can be hard but a good pct helps. In addition I cut back on my work outs and will almost always switch up my routine. people ask, I tell them I am getting to big and I am trying to lean out. After about 3-4 weeks you fine. Getting through that 3-4 weeks can be challenging. The worse thing you can do is to stop working out then all the work was for nothing! GL and stay strong and dream about your next cycle.
    What do you mean by "cut back" on your workouts? I thought you're supposed to keep the drive and intensity up on your workouts during PCT to keep gains??

Or do you mean you cut down volume in your workouts?

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I think "cut back" means not going to the gym or going but putting in a half-@ssed effort.

Anyhu,

Even with a good PCT, Post cycle existence is one extreme roller coaster ride, talking from my personal experience of course.

1. estrogen rebound, to some degree, is unavoidable, followed by 1-2 weeks of water bloat...the mirror is not a good friend in this time.
    2. The thought of being off gear is like popeye without spinach... you psychologically feel "unspecial" and as a result, get depressed....and all that estrogen making you moody doesn't help either.

However,

1. Like Kfrost said, don't let those mood swings stop you from going to the gym and getting an intense workout. Trust me, when your artificial gear-induced strength plummets (esp with bulking agents like dbol , abombs or deca ), it's easy to throw in the towel.
    2. Stick to your well planned diet... up the kcals (esp after cutting) to counter any catabolism but keep the diet clean and structured... going into a depressive bingefest is going to compound the problem,
    3. The bloat will go away, and leave you with a decent physique (perhaps BF% could be 1-3% higher). And if you stick to your pct, training and proper dieting, you CAN keep at least 80% of your LBM gains.
    4. You can bridge with non-steroidal compounds like IGF or Hgh to further boost muscle retention/growth during and after PCT to keep your progress ongoing.

Repeating what was said earlier, the initial 3-4 weeks is the most challenging, because your re-adjusting endocrine system can play really nightmarish mind games on you.

Hope it helps,
    cheers
    Last edited by InsaneInTheMembrane; 09-13-2007 at 11:29 PM.
    sv.elia likes this.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneInTheMebrane
    I think "cut back" means not going to the gym or going but putting in a half-@ssed effort.

Anyhu,

Even with a good PCT, Post cycle existence is one extreme roller coaster ride, talking from my personal experience of course.

1. estrogen rebound, to some degree, is unavoidable, followed by 1-2 weeks of water bloat...the mirror is not a good friend in this time.
    2. The thought of being off gear is like popeye without spinach... you psychologically feel "unspecial" and as a result, get depressed....and all that estrogen making you moody doesn't help either.

However,

1. Like Kfrost said, don't let those mood swings stop you from going to the gym and getting an intense workout. Trust me, when your artificial gear-induced strength plummets (esp with bulking agents like dbol , abombs or deca ), it's easy to throw in the towel.
    2. Stick to your well planned diet... up the kcals (esp after cutting) to counter any catabolism but keep the diet clean and structured... going into a depressive bingefest is going to compound the problem,
    3. The bloat will go away, and leave you with a decent physique (perhaps BF% could be 1-3% higher). And if you stick to your pct, training and proper dieting, you CAN keep at least 80% of your LBM gains.
    4. You can bridge with non-steroidal compounds like IGF or Hgh to further boost muscle retention/growth during and after PCT to keep your progress ongoing.

Repeating what was said earlier, the initial 3-4 weeks is the most challenging, because your re-adjusting endocrine system can play really nightmarish mind games on you.

Hope it helps,
    cheers
    Good post bro.

Crest is offline Senior Member
    i think its all un the mind, if you mentaly prepare yourself for a slight loss of strength and size and you can accept this has to happen then your be ok

personally when i came off i didnt have depression or any of that b/s because i knew wwhat could and probably would happen

physically wise, i wasnt expecting the huge outbreak of acne a month after finishin

3bd
    3bd is offline Anabolic Member
    Good posts here. I'm ending my 4th week of PCT after my first cycle, and am now starting to feel like I'm getting back to "normal", although my labido has not totally rebounded yet. The first 3 weeks were definately depressing and I felt like crying like a little school girl - hey wait, I am a little school girl j/k! I did not cut back on my work outs - I tried to maintain the same intensity while on my cycle. So far I have noticed only slight decrease in strength and I seem to be holding onto my gains for the most part, even though my appetite has been waning lately. My shoulders however are sorer than ever, and that has me a bit worried.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    my last one was nolva and clomid,,,, will never look at clomid again,, shite is horrendous. All i had was hot flashes non stop everyday for a month.

browboy is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for all the replies. Biggest concern for me right now is the blood pressure situation. Until it comes down some more, dr doesn't want me in the gym. I really want to go. Still been sneeking a less intense w/o at home. Hopefully in the next week or so, things will get back to normal. Once again, thanks for the feedback.

BB

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini
    What do you mean by "cut back" on your workouts? I thought you're supposed to keep the drive and intensity up on your workouts during PCT to keep gains??

Or do you mean you cut down volume in your workouts?
    when on gear your body is able to repair faster and better, when off your test levels are lower so working out as hard/intense will result in over training plus from my experience, cause one to burn out. Continue to lift but the level of intensity will have to be lowered.

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    when on gear your body is able to repair faster and better, when off your test levels are lower so working out as hard/intense will result in over training plus from my experience, cause one to burn out. Continue to lift but the level of intensity will have to be lowered.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Merc.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Ya i trying that coming of thing once it did not go well.

Oh well i had to try i guess, but never again.

3bd
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsxxr

Do I understand you correctly... you never cycle off?

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3**
    Do I understand you correctly... you never cycle off?

It makes no difference for me. If I come off i will need to go on HRT.

sincere81oo0 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by browboy
    So here's the deal. Just trying to see what other experienced when they came off a cycle-be it the first, second, third, etc. Was on a totally screwed up cycle which ended a month ago (week 1-9 eq 600mg week, week 5-9 winny 50mg eod) Okay I am an idiot and didn't know what I was doing...I got that now. Currently on pct of nolva and aromasin for another two weeks. Last shot was 8-13 & 8-17 respectively. I feel like shit! Pardon my french. I hear and have read on hear about people "crashing" when they come off and was just curious what different people experience, for how long, and did they do anything additionally to help get past it and back to normal.

Thanks,

Browboy
    coming off is the hardest thing to do man. it mentally and physically sucks! just keep your mind set on the gym, dont pay attention to the scale and the weight. just pay attention to the mirror. if you continue to work out after your cycle and dont quit the mirror will have a good reflection

lil-SLIM is offline Member
    coming off is like withdrawal!!! lol

it sucked, I felt down! eigther the nolva or the clomi made me feel like crap. If I drank alchohol I would get weird blurry vision like tracers. I got my worst acne during PCT and then again 2 months after the cycle? dont know why this happend but it wasnt fun

3bd
    Quote Originally Posted by lil-SLIM
    coming off is like withdrawal!!! lol

it sucked, I felt down! eigther the nolva or the clomi made me feel like crap. If I drank alchohol I would get weird blurry vision like tracers. I got my worst acne during PCT and then again 2 months after the cycle? dont know why this happend but it wasnt fun
    Oh joy... I hope I don't have to look forward to more acne again, I'm only one month into PCT and acne is subsiding.

SilverToungedDevil is offline Associate Member
    coming off is a hard thing to do... but you have to keep your mind in the right place and realize its only temporary. when stress builds up and it feels way more intense then it ever should, just think to yourself... i'm just having a man period. it will pass. keep those workouts frequent and stay active, don't allow yourself to get into a slump. mind over body. good luck man .

SilverToungedDevil is offline Associate Member
    oh and as far as the acne goes... showering frequently and using a benzoyl formula on your problem areas, helps tremendously. acutane works as well.

ShadetreeJones is offline Associate Member
    Good good thread. I'm 6 weeks since my last shot of my first cycle and i'm tickled with where I'm at. Dropped all the water I was holding but kept almost all the strength so I look much better and I'm concentrating on getting as lean as I can for the next cycle starting 1/1/08.

Using just Nolvadex and eating 1/2 a clenbuterol a day. Lift one day cardio the next to keep from getting too sore from the weights and no complaints.

Sex drive has remained pretty good and the acne was unavoidable but tanning, some acne cleanse, and a buff stick has kept it controllable.

MaleModel is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsxxr

LMAO!

thats crazy

3bd
    Quote Originally Posted by MaleModel
    LMAO!

thats crazy
    I'm begining to see the light on this concept... entering 5th week PCT and it sucks good.

Thread Information