Details: 1st cycle. Test E at 250 or 1ml x twice pw – Monday and Thursday. Have done 3 injections so far. Before injection I shower and then wipe the site I am going to inject with an alcohol swap. I also wipe the top of the vile with another swab before drawing the Test. After drawing the Test I immediately recap the needle until I am ready to inject. I never let the needle touch anything and my hands are clean as I have just showered. The environment I inject in is ok. A well lighted and ventilated room. I use a 22 gauge 1.5 needle and I inject slowly and always aspirate . I inject into the upper most outer quadrant of the glute.

It has been 5 days since I last did an injection into my left glute (2nd injection) and it is still very tender and sore to the touch. It was the same with my right glute but I attributed it to virgin muscle and the tenderness had gone so much as I was fine doing my third injection there last Thursday. The tenderness I had in the right glute on the first injection lasted right up until that day however and there did seem to already be some scar tissue. Now after the second injection in my right glute there is no tenderness at all really. My left glute however that was hit 5 days ago (and has only ever been injected once) feels as though it may be getting worse.

Additional to all this for the past three days I have had flu like symptoms that have today subsided almost completely. I am not sure if this was test flu or something else as there has been a flu like bug going round at work. The only difference with my left glute is I did not massage it as much as my first. There is no visible sign of anything, no feeling of heat. I have also taken my temperature and it is normal. I did this during the 'flu' and just now. Although it hurts to walk and sit I did make it to the gym yesterday and did legs. I have noticed that the area of pain is also slightly larger (in area covered) then it was on the other glute. It is the whole upper outside of the glute from the injection site to the top. From left to right. There is no visible swelling but I can feel that area of muscle is slightly hard. I don't have any trouble sleeping but if I turn in the night I lift my ass off the bed. Compared with the pain of the first glute after first injection I would say the first was like I'd had a good punch in the ass. The pain hit the following day, got a little worse on the third and then progressively got a little better but did last about a week. As previously stated I have since injected that side again and this time there is now no soreness really, even the following day. The left one however feels as though I have been stabbed in the ass and I have not noticed it get better yet.

Based on the fact there is no heat or temperature I am not panicking yet but would any of you advise I go see a doc about this? Is there anything else I can check to confirm if this might be injection?

Just to add, the flu symptoms I had were the typical sensitive ache feeling thoughout the body. What I though may have been a sore throat but didn't turn out to be. Although I blew my nose a few times there was no running nose or cou***ng up anything. No phlegm at all. Just the physical sensations really. I also had trouble eating as much as normal due to how I felt but I did anyway and my training was affected in that I felt week.

Any advise is appreciated.