Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SBW
    SBW is offline New Member

Tamaxofin And Gains

Hi guys im currently doing a test prop cycle at 100mg a day im in week 3 and no longer noticing gains..I noticed my gains b 4starting Tamaxofin i then started with 20mg as i was having sore nipples and now im doing 40mg a day and no longer have sore nipples although im worried its affecting my gains as my strength isnt all that great..THANKS

KeepBuilding is offline New Member
    40mg is a high dose of tamoxifen and it can really suck your gains, but i dont believe it means no gains just because ur taking a large dose of tamoxifen. You r shoting a mid-high dose of test prop, but this test isnt the better one when weight are the objetive.

Maybe you need to look at your diet and looking for a possible mistake, lack of prot/carbs or anything else. If you cant fix it after week 4, is better to stop the cycle and get a nice PCT.

SBW
    ive stopped taking tamaxofin will that bring my gains back??and if so how long till tamaxofin wears off

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    Nolva lowers IgF which can reduce your gains..

Blog Entries
    Here is one study on it.. There are alot of studies done on this..

Tamoxifen reduces serum insulin -like growth factor I (IGF-I).Pollak MN, Huynh HT, Lefebvre SP.
    McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Antiestrogens are widely used in the management of hormonally responsive breast cancer in both adjuvant and palliative settings, and are currently being evaluated as chemopreventive agents. The classical mechanism of action of these drugs involves inhibition of estrogen-stimulated neoplastic cell proliferation by blockade of estrogen receptors present on breast cancer cells. This paper reviews recent clinical and laboratory data that suggest that the commonly used antiestrogen tamoxifen also acts to reduce serum IGF-I levels. Estrogens appear to play a permissive role in growth hormone (GH) release by the pituitary gland and GH is known to stimulate IGF-I expression by hepatocytes. It is therefore possible that blockade of estrogen receptors in the hypothalamic-pituitary axis by tamoxifen interferes with GH release, leading to reduced hepatic IGF-I expression. In view of results suggesting that IGF-I is a more potent mitogen than estradiol for breast cancer cells and data demonstrating a positive correlation between estrogen receptor level and IGF-I receptor level of breast cancer cells, the IGF-I lowering effect of tamoxifen may contribute to the cytostatic activity of the drug. The interrelationships between steroid hormone physiology and IGF-I physiology may have relevance to a variety of commonly used treatments for hormonally responsive cancers.

PMID: 1421427 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Merc.

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    from my experience you shouldn't lose all your gains from nolva. I recommend taking some proviron with your test and lowering your nolva. The proviron will not only bind up your SHBG making your test free to do it's job it will act as an AI slowing the conversion of test into estrogen that combined with a low dose of nolva should stop gyno in a test only cycle. GL

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by SBW View Post
    Hi guys im currently doing a test prop cycle at 100mg a day im in week 3 and no longer noticing gains..I noticed my gains b 4starting Tamaxofin i then started with 20mg as i was having sore nipples and now im doing 40mg a day and no longer have sore nipples although im worried its affecting my gains as my strength isnt all that great..THANKS
    what good is a muscular physique with gyno? use in moderation and NOLVA will not hinder your gains to great degree.use AI's instead during cycles

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    lol merc you dirty fool. I was gonna post the article you put up about Gains effected by ancilleries. but noooo you gotta beat me to it. Pssht

BTW not using anything on cycle helped so much. I had it on hand just in case but props to merc for the advice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CheddaNips View Post
    lol merc you dirty fool. I was gonna post the article you put up about Gains effected by ancilleries. but noooo you gotta beat me to it. Pssht

BTW not using anything on cycle helped so much. I had it on hand just in case but props to merc for the advice
    lol .....
    Last edited by Merc..; 02-09-2008 at 07:17 PM.

SBW
    ok guys thanks for help this might seem really dumb but what does AI stand for?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SBW View Post
    ok guys thanks for help this might seem really dumb but what does AI stand for?
    No question is dumb.. If you dont understand something its always best to ask for a answer..

AI stands for aromatase inhibitor...

Read this thread .. It is a good read ..

SERM/AI Definition

Merc.

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CheddaNips View Post
    Exactly what I do

Thread Information