VTliftVT is offline Associate Member

Unhappy Low test levels and prolonged "puffy face?"

I have a question regarding what the best steph would be to take for my situation which I is described below.

I am 23, 200lbs male.

I have had a moderate amount of experience with AAS but this was mostly test based (sust, prop, etc) and eventually stacked with lighter compounds such as winny, equipoise , and once a very small amount of dianabol for a short time (one week). I had never had any problems with PCT or in general and always had great experiences.

Approx one year ago I found myself in a somewhat depressed state (new area, new life, g/f half way across the world yada yada) and decided to run a cutting cycle with some gear i wasn't familiar with. I was using test prop, tren , and masteron and ran the test for a couple weeks alone before adding in the remaining stack. I was losing weight like crazy and things were going well except for the night sweats the tren caused along with the no sleep that followed. I was lifting 5 days a week and doing cardio 7 days a week up to 2 hours per day (min 1 hour). During this time I also occasionally smoked (not cigarettes).

Well here is the end of this and what I am having problems solving. My definite source wound up not being so definite and I was unable to run a solid PCT. One morning I woke up a couple weeks after my cycle ended (ran for only 7 weeks, the tren was killing me) and my face was swollen and puffy all over. I was exhausted everyday and felt like death. I had no sexual interest at all but was able to "get it up" when need be (the g/f did return haha). I also began getting blood blisters in my mouth quite often and especially if I drank any alcohol (which i did not do at all during the cycle). My face does not swell any longer but is definitely still very puffy and watery and does not have the definition that it did or always has (i am still around 8-10% bf and got below 4% during the cycle). I had bloodwork done and initial findings were that I had low red and white blood cell count. I also had low hemogloban. My test levels at this pt came back low but not out of the normal range. My thyroid was also on the lower end but w/in the range. My liver functions were also very high but tests were ran and nothing came back from that.

Well this continued for some time and nothing became any worse sp I decided to run another cycle of sust to get me out of my funk. I actually had the appropriate PCT using HCG and nolvadex (ran for 2 weeks after finishing HCG). I was still having the facial swelling and still going to the doctor. I had some more blood tests ran and my blood counts were normal only my test levels came back low. I told my doctor my experiences with AAS and she is now referring me to an endo. I am in the DC area and just want to get this facial swelling and constant exhaustion i am experiencing over with. Any ideas? Any good doctors that deal with AAS in the DC area? All help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by VTliftVT; 01-20-2008 at 11:00 AM.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    You run clomid until your sex drive comes back. 2 weeks was not enough. Your HPTA is still suppressed. You are describing typical estrogen sides. Most likely tren was the main culprit but proper PCT was not executed. If you have to run clomid for a month or 2 months, that's what you do.

Thank's a lot for the reply.

The first cycle, which initially caused all the harm (which i agree would have more than likely been caused by the tren ), i was not able to initially run a proper PCT. Several months after, I did acquire clomid and ran that for about a month which did help but did not cease the facial swelling.

The last cycle I ran (test only) I ran nolvadex for one month with the first two weeks including HCG . Once again, the facial swelling never subsided. Being that it has been several months past my last cycle, would clomid still be beneficial? Would an AI be better served and would clomid both decrease the estrogen build up and increase my natural test production which I feel is decreased due to lack of LH hormone (which is just what I assume bc ive scanned the forums and thats all i can find that makes sense).
    Last edited by VTliftVT; 01-20-2008 at 02:46 PM.

GOBAL is offline Junior Member
    high level of estrogen cause water retention and consequently puffy face ... Take arimidex 0.5 mg day and you see that go well ...

I know that Arimidex raises test slightly but will that also raise my LH and test sufficiently and also would my test levels stay in the normal range or drop back to their initially low levels? Will I have a rebound effect and a large rise in estrogen thus returning to the same position i was in prior? Also how long should I take the Arimidex? Anything I need to do to return my test levels back to normal and keep them there?

Thanks again for all your help!
    Last edited by VTliftVT; 01-20-2008 at 07:18 PM.

meathead320 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VTliftVT View Post
    I know that Arimidex raises test slightly but will that also raise my LH and test sufficiently and also would my test levels stay in the normal range or drop back to their initially low levels? Will I have a rebound effect and a large rise in estrogen thus returning to the same position i was in prior? Also how long should I take the Arimidex? Anything I need to do to return my test levels back to normal and keep them there?

Thanks again for all your help!
    Arimidex is IMHO very important to run for one week following clomid use.

Although I think you should have ran the clomid longer to, about 30 days, followed by Armidex at 0.25mg ED for 7 days.

The reason for this is that clomid will actually increase your E2 levels while it blocks them from the receptor in your hypothalimus.

Sometimes when guys come off the clomid, the high levels of Estradiol (E2) flood back in, and re-cause the problem.

Hence why the arimidex is used. It actually cuts down on the total E2, and therefor is NO backflow of E2.

Granted if you drop your E2 too low, you will still feel like shit, but it is temporary, and you only use the 0.25mg ED (or even 0.5mg) for one week.

After that one week, it will take about another 5-10 days for your E2 to steadily climb back up to where it is supposed to be. You do need "some".

Yes, using arimidex, and lowering E2 does get the LH and FSH flowing again.

Quite well I should add.

Being that you do have some, low end normal, test production going on right now, you may be able to just go the arimidex route for 1 week, without having to run the clomid again.

keep in mind that durring that week you will not feel good, but about a week or two after that when your estradiol is back to normal, your testosterone will be back to normal too.

That is unless there is something else wrong with your HPTA. That is what I personally would do in your situation. Take it or leave it.

That helps a lot, thank you for your reply. I believe I may be hitting up the AR-R store soon!

Quote Originally Posted by VTliftVT View Post
    That helps a lot, thank you for your reply. I believe I may be hitting up the AR-R store soon!
    You should always have some arimidex on hand, for incase your cat needs it. The AR-R type is liquidex. It comes in liquid, and one spray = 0.1mg.

So you would use 3-5 sprays per day 0.3mg-0.5mg daily, for 7 days. Get blood work done after you have been off for 3 weeks.

See how you (pet cat) feel then too.

You know, for your "pet cat", who has high E2 and low testosterone .

Yea, I have a lot of water retentive cats around and they wont stop meowing... glad there are places that have what they need, vets are expensive!

When my cat's estro gets too high he just gets lazy and doesn't want to get off the couch or go to work.

I agree, my cats suppose to be preparing for the CPA exam and can't concentrate long enough to read a damn word, same for at work. They dont seem to be lifting as hard in their kitty gym and walk around like zombies all day they are so tired... would the low testosterone be something that makes them not concentrate as well or the high estrogen?

Blood Work Results from Endo

23/M/198/10%

So to catch back up to speed. My "cat" did take the Aromasin for a week at reccomended doses to no avail.

My "cat" has since went to an endo and received blood work results back today. Please advise on what you feel some of the results mean. (blood drawn in late afternoon. I did NOT fast)

IGF-1 = 222 ng/ml
    Estradiol = 23 pg/ml
    Estrogens, Total, Serum <50
    DHEA Sulfate = 312
    Prolactin = 9.4 ng/ml
    LH = 2.3 mIU/mL
    FSH = 4.4 mIU/mL
    Free Test = 34L
    Bio-available Test = 71.5L
    Total Test = 242L
    Sex Binding Globulin = 28 nmol/L
    Albumin = 4.6 g/dL

As of right now I was prescribed 200mg Test Enth every 2 weeks. I have an appt for an MRI to look at my pituitary gland which apparently is not functioning properly.

Questions:
    1) How will this dosage be for my situation? Will I actually gain some size on it with the appropriate diet (which I always follow) etc.

2) I have obviously messed my body up pretty bad. Would it be ill advised to run anything else steroid wise with the test enth?

Thanks for all of your help and advice.

Thread Information