Ranger32 is offline New Member

Swollen Injection Site??

Have been using from a doctor prescribed TRT for almost 4 cycles now. My last shot of deca and sust made my injection site extrememly painful, and it feels like there is almost a lump there. It is also warm to the touch. I feel like my technique is what everyone recommends, Im also very hygenic and sterile when i inject. Is this common? an infection? what can I do about preventing it in the future, and is it normal from these types of juice to get those results.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    your dr perscribed you sust?

Markosterone is offline Member
    how long since you made your injection ?

yesterday i injected. and it's called tri-test, a three blend test very similar to sust so when i explain what im on i usually just say sust instead of enanthate , propi.....

STED is offline Associate Member
    Its only a day after your injection mate, test injections like this are often painful and can feel lumpy just give the compound time to disperse properly.

VTliftVT is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STED View Post
    Its only a day after your injection mate, test injections like this are often painful and can feel lumpy just give the compound time to disperse properly.
    exactly, you just injected "x" amount of fluid into one area of muscle. rub it around a little and give it a day or so to make sure that its all absorbed in the muscle.

if however the swelling and pain/warmth does not resolve itself in a few days and it becomes red and such then you may have an abcess which may need a dr's attention. keep an eye on it...usually the pain resides in a few days and even if it is swollen area which occurs in some injections, that as well may subside on its own. if it get worse then thats when you have a problem.

as far as making sure it doesn't occur in the future make sure you are sterile in all aspects, alcohol swab on injection site, cleaning the vial top with alcohol prior to pulling with fresh non used syringe, and inject SLOWLY. the faster you push the fluid in the more will build up in that area and the more irritated that area will become thus enhancing the swelling and possible abcess.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    it gets easier bro and stops hurting. when most of us start injecting into a virgin muscle it hurts the first time or 2 but after that its nothing

tzs68 is offline Junior Member
    it can't be an infection that quickly, but it can be a hematoma. that's just a (usually) small area where a little blood vessel broke and leaked blood. it forms a little pocket, which your body gradually reabsorbs. no biggy if it isn't huge- takes some time to go away and can leave a bruise and be itchy for awhile

jbonez19 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger32 View Post
    Have been using from a doctor prescribed TRT for almost 4 cycles now. My last shot of deca and sust made my injection site extrememly painful, and it feels like there is almost a lump there. It is also warm to the touch. I feel like my technique is what everyone recommends, Im also very hygenic and sterile when i inject. Is this common? an infection? what can I do about preventing it in the future, and is it normal from these types of juice to get those results.
    do you always aspirate bro? if not, you really have to to have a safe shot.

Baba is offline Associate Member
    That sucks.

joeystraube is offline Junior Member
    i feel your pain, sometimes i can shoot up and have no problems, the next time it will hurt for days...

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tzs68 View Post
    it can't be an infection that quickly, but it can be a hematoma. that's just a (usually) small area where a little blood vessel broke and leaked blood. it forms a little pocket, which your body gradually reabsorbs. no biggy if it isn't huge- takes some time to go away and can leave a bruise and be itchy for awhile
    this could very easily be an infection. infections take 24-48 hours for a person to show signs and symptoms.
    and he didnt say,"i shot today" so i am assuming it was at least a day or so ago. but i am kind of wondering if this guy has been doing hrt for 4 cycles now i am sure he would know what a knot is from injecting a muscle. so ranger was this a new muscle group you are shooting? also do you have any signs of fever? i get lumps occasionally especially if i inject too fast. give it a good masssage and see if it feels better but any reddness or swelling in the area just be concious of it and keep an eye on it. also when exactly did you inject?

jackdup04 is offline Associate Member
    99% of the time u got nothin' 2worry about..Ive had red painful lumps for days and they have always gone away...

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Is this your first injection with the tri-test, and are you rotating injection sites?

yes it is my first time using the tri-test, it has been 2 days since the injection, still tender and feels a little swollen, but much better than it was and I think it is subsiding. Thanks for all the tips and help. Have injected this muscle many times before justy never had this degree of pain discomfort and was really worried about infection, but no fever, or anything else so like you guys said i will just massage it and let it work it's way into the muscle thanks

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Are you rotating injection sites?

well im doing the test on one side and the deca on the other. havent really been keeping track on which side the different compounds are going into, should i do deca one side and test the other than next time i inject switch it around?

Thread Information