Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    nameuser is offline Junior Member

Low natural Testostrone

I just recently got a blood test done. My test levels were 9.41 nmol/L (269 ng/dl). These test levels are below the normal range for men (10 - 31 nmol/L). And are low considering my young age (23 years).
    This is before I have been on any cycles. I have never been on a cycle, it's all natural untill now. I am quite surprised how much muscle I've managed to gain considering my low test levels.

Anyway, my GP said that there is nothing that could be done about my test levels, and that it is not abnormally low and nothing to worry about.

Should I goto a different GP and ask for a reevaluation?
    Does anyone know if my test levels are low enough to qualify for testosterone injections?
    Also, if I start a cycle, will my test levels be of any concern?

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    I am 38 years old and tested slightly higher than you on my last blood test. My HRT doc prescribed me 100mg of test per week. I told him I can inject it myself and he also prescribed me pins. If your doc will not prescribe test it may simply be due to your age, and the fact that you said you have been able to build some muscle mass. Maybe if you tell him you cant get an erection and feel lethargic he will give you some. I dont know man, but hopefully some more people will respond. Good Luck.

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    Quote Originally Posted by Oki-Des View Post
    I am 38 years old and tested slightly higher than you on my last blood test. My HRT doc prescribed me 100mg of test per week. I told him I can inject it myself and he also prescribed me pins. If your doc will not prescribe test it may simply be due to your age, and the fact that you said you have been able to build some muscle mass. Maybe if you tell him you cant get an erection and feel lethargic he will give you some. I dont know man, but hopefully some more people will respond. Good Luck.
    I agree - go see another doc and say your having problems gettin an erection and feel lethargic.

Is hard to get HRT in general here in the UK, all depends on if you have a decent doc.

nameuser is offline Junior Member
    Great. I'll go see a different GP as soon as possible. I'll say I can't get an erection and see how that goes.

I actually carry quite a bit of muscle (200lb, <10% bf, 6'1), but been working out hard for the past few years. I always wondered why my mates didn't have to work out as much.

I've got 36 inch hip bones, no facial/body hair (except my legs) and a slightly high pitched voice than normal. Do you think low testosterone has contributed to all this or is it genetics (my dad is similar)?
    Last edited by nameuser; 04-09-2008 at 06:55 AM.

mister bator is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    Great. I'll go see a different GP as soon as possible. I'll say I can't get an erection and see how that goes.

I actually carry quite a bit of muscle (200lb, <10% bf, 6'1), but been working out hard for the past few years. I always wondered why my mates didn't have to work out as much.

I've got 36 inch hip bones, no facial/body hair (except my legs) and a slightly high pitched voice than normal. Do you think low testosterone has contributed to all this or is it genetics (my dad is similar)?
    Could be. And your father could have low testosterone also yeah.

But is this really bothering you enough to go on TRT for the rest of your life ?

bd50 is offline Associate Member
    u might have better luck trying to get trt with a urologist or endocrinologist.

regular gp usually dont prescribe trt for the most part.

good luck

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    Try another doctor, of course there is much to do about it. Remember that he works for you. Good luck mate

Thread Information