Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member

Generic HGH, weak?

Ok, so I went to my HRT Doc and gave blood back in November. He said for HGH, which should be around 300 was actually at 143. I do not know what this number was with regards to, but was prescribed .5IU's of HGH daily.

I ordered a generic HGH and started with 2 IU's 5/2. After 30 days bumped it up to 3IU's 5/2. I started this in December, but went back to my HRT doc and gave blood again for an update. Now my HGH level, which should have been over 300 considering I was only prescribed .5IUs, but even doing 3IU's of generic I only had 227.

Because this number raised, I am assuming the generic HGH is real. But considering it did not raise me above what was expected from .5IU's I am thinking about trying the real stuff to compare.

I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this or has any information on the comparison of strengths between the various brands from personal experience. Is my cheaper generic HGH, just a powdered down version of the real deal; making it less expensive?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

BTW, I am 38
    5'10"
    BF% fluctuates between 9-15

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    how long before your you got your blood pulled was your last hgh injection?

The day before. I did not do it the morning I went to give blood. Also, I did not eat anything prior to giving blood that morning if that makes a difference.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i like the genrics. But its short acting so im not suppirced your levels werent real high 24 hours later

Ah, that makes sense.
    Thanks

Atomini is offline Banned
    Are you using the blue tops?

Yes.

Ah okay, because that's the stuff i'll be getting soon. Let me know how it goes.

I just got back from the gym and my buddy said the tests for HGH are not that reliable. I was taking 3IU's daily, but my HRT increased my script from .5 IU's to 1 IU daily.
    I guess I should not have assumed it was weaker because I do have numb hands on the amount. But, I guess I just wondered if anyone feels these sides on, for example, just one IU of the regular stuff (non generic).
    I guess I should not care if the HRT doc has no idea I am taking several times what he prescribes. I just found it odd. Also, it is nice having a script in the house in case, well, you know.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    the hgh you shot the day before was no longer in your system hence your low level. take a shot then go get tested 2 hours later.

Pietro,
    Yes, it makes sense, thanks. I was just surprised as I told him I did not take a shot since the day before. Also, since he then used these results to bump up my dosage from .5 to 1 IU, it seemed even he thought it was low. I guess I just would have him to expected it to be low from my day prior shot and assumed everything was normal rather than increasing my dose. In any event, thank you for taking the time to respond and I am more confident that my stuff is good.

Quote Originally Posted by pietro75 View Post
    the hgh you shot the day before was no longer in your system hence your low level. take a shot then go get tested 2 hours later.
    Yeah HGH has a half life of 1 hour or something, right?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oki-Des View Post
    Ok, so I went to my HRT Doc and gave blood back in November. He said for HGH, which should be around 300 was actually at 143. I do not know what this number was with regards to, but was prescribed .5IU's of HGH daily.

I ordered a generic HGH and started with 2 IU's 5/2. After 30 days bumped it up to 3IU's 5/2. I started this in December, but went back to my HRT doc and gave blood again for an update. Now my HGH level, which should have been over 300 considering I was only prescribed .5IUs, but even doing 3IU's of generic I only had 227.

Because this number raised, I am assuming the generic HGH is real. But considering it did not raise me above what was expected from .5IU's I am thinking about trying the real stuff to compare.

I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this or has any information on the comparison of strengths between the various brands from personal experience. Is my cheaper generic HGH, just a powdered down version of the real deal; making it less expensive?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

BTW, I am 38
    5'10"
    BF% fluctuates between 9-15
    the generic should be fine if from a doctor

docangel is offline New Member
    I would not increase your HGH dose, it's risky. Generics could be weaker but you did improve well. Your body will not always metabolise more and you risk shutting down your normal HGH production when you come off it. This can cause respiratory difficulty as well as brain challenges. There is new studies by Harvard and SFU about this. Take it in the AM and do not eat anything for 1 hour or you can spike your insulin levels, hence your HRT goes up. These studies also show that taking Test with HGH is best.
    Last edited by docangel; 05-01-2008 at 01:18 PM.

Thread Information