Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The_Question? is offline New Member

I Need Help Really Badly - Interesting Situation - Please Help Me Out?

Okay here is the situation, and this is going to be a long post but I am desperate so please read and help me with advice if you can...

I come from a town where a deep recession has hit hard. We are a big three auto supply town and my family has worked in the auto industry for several generations, so as you would expect I also joined up in the factory right out of high school...

The union, the benefits, the money, everything was great until about three months ago when the plant decided to shut us out...just locked up one day, see ya, we're going out of business, have a nice life sort of situation, you know?

So I went from making really good money and living a nice lifestyle to just another uneducated chump in a matter of hours.

I had been desperately searching for work with no luck for a while while the bills piled up and life got really, really uncomfortable for my wife and babies...

After MUCH searching, I found a company to take me on doing heavy construction work, and it is the only thing I could find that pays even close to what I used to get, and even this after a few months of choosing whether to eat or pay the bills.

I hate the job, and I suck at it but I'm desperate so I am giving it my all and trying to make the best of things, but I have a major problem...

It is KILLING ME...it is literally crippling my out of shape body, which seems to lack the ability to catch up, and I'm working like 12 hours days so it seems like I can never get rested enough to heal up, and it makes me slower, and it is hell every day just to try to keep up with the rest of the crew.

I thought I could sort of "fake it"...I grew up in a "man's man" type world, and this is a blue collar town...men are expected to be men and someone who can't cut it can eat dirt...and I'm eating dirt really bad out there...

So last week my foreman comes to me and takes me aside and tells me that if I don't click in soon and improve my speed and strength then he's going to have to fire me.

I told him that I need some time to get stronger, and he basically told me that I better find a way to get real strong real fast or I can hit the road.

So here I am.

So enough with the sob story and onto the questions...

--------------------------------------------------------

AAS are the only way that I can think of to save myself right now, and I'm fit to be tied over the issue because I really don't want to take them...but I have two baby boys that need food and a stack of bills a mile high and 400 other hungry unemployed men in a small town breathing down my back for a chance to prove that they can be tougher then me and score my new job.

So here are my questions to you guys...

1. Will AAS help me?

2. Is it worth doing, or will I end up just cooking my liver?

3. Would these compounds work fast enough to save my job...(we're talking like three weeks to a month tops)...

If people respond to this thread I will of course have many, many other questions...

------------------------------------------------------------

I have researched this in GREAT length already, and I have been having my wife using the internet day and night to get all of the information she can for me...and she said that this site is where I should ask questions.

No offense, but I am TERRIFIED to put these things into my body, and especially since I am just a middle aged average dude, out of shape with zero experience, so I am a complication waiting to happen, and I am also worried that if I was to go this route that my body wouldn't adjust fast enough and I would get fired anyway, you know?

Any advice/help at all would be GREATLY appreciated...

---------------------------------------------

So here's my stats.

I'm 32 years old, 2 kids, don't plan on any more, and I have NO bodybuilding experience whatsoever...

5'9 190 lbs.

I'd estimate that I'm around 25% body fat, I'm not obese, but I am carrying around a decent spare tire.

I already have hair loss, not to worried about that at all...

I'm snipped, so hurting my sperm count or anything like that doesn't matter.

I'm really worried about liver damage, as I am already a pretty good beer drinker, which of course I would have to quit, right?

And I am worried about impotence to of course because I have heard that this can be a side effect, but I heard that from a source who I don't trust so I want to know the real deal...

Thanks guys and please be honest...if you think it is the stupidest idea in the world say so, if you think I'm an idiot for asking, say so...I'd rather have it just like it is, you know?
    Last edited by The_Question?; 05-16-2008 at 08:09 AM.

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    hey man i am 100% sure when i say juice is not for you. look the bottom line is you need to find a job that suits you. obviously what you are doing now is not for you. why dont you look into truck driving school. i dont know about there but here its like that is one of the biggest fields that you can still get a job in. and it is not that taxing on your body and they make good money. i am sure more than you are making now breaking your back as a laborer. my buddy went to schneider they paid for all his training and in a month or so he was on the road making money. a year later he got a great gig driving locally now makes about 50k with great benefits. if they fire you or lay you off then it would actually be a great time to do this.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    answers:
    1- no
    2- no
    3- no

Quote Originally Posted by lex57 View Post
    hey man i am 100% sure when i say juice is not for you. look the bottom line is you need to find a job that suits you. obviously what you are doing now is not for you. why dont you look into truck driving school. i dont know about there but here its like that is one of the biggest fields that you can still get a job in. and it is not that taxing on your body and they make good money. i am sure more than you are making now breaking your back as a laborer. my buddy went to schneider they paid for all his training and in a month or so he was on the road making money. a year later he got a great gig driving locally now makes about 50k with great benefits. if they fire you or lay you off then it would actually be a great time to do this.

Hey thanks man...

Yeah I thought about the trucking thing, it's still an option for me if I don't cut it here, but my family talked me out of it because of the time away from home, and having young kids that lifestyle sorta sucks, you know...

But you are absolutely right about it, the money is decent...(not even close to what I am making now)...but for sure I could get work so it's a viable option for me if this falls through.

Out of curiosity though, is juice not for me in your opinion because it would be dangerous, or because it just wouldn't work, or it wouldn't work fast enough?

I'm like 80% sure that it isn't for me too, to be honest...but I just want to know why I guess...I'm getting all kinds of conflicting info on it, like my wife tells me that on boards like this that it doesn't seem like it's really that bad for the body if you do it right.

But then you go outside of these forums and it's like you are asking if you should inject fire into yourself or something...lol

How can there be such a divide with these substances?

Bodybuilders with experience with it will tell each other that it's just a thing, but then outside of these circles it's like poison.

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    Hey Bro,
    Really sorry about your situation man. I really do hope you find a light at the end of the tunnel. Taking Steroids is a HUGE commitment and I don't think you have the time to commit. And I am not bashing you at all brother, just dont want you to get hurt or waste your money. I suggest maybe getting a good diet first and foremost. If you eat good you will feel good. Then maybe do some exercises that you can do at home. Push ups, crunchs and basic calastetics. Wind sprints and jogging might build your strength up enough. Just my two cents bro... Best of Luck to you

Deen54 is offline Member
    People on here do juice and it is not of importance. You really need to do juice to pay the bills..most of these guys do juice just to look good. lol!...those same guys will tell you.. no don't do juice. haha..so funny.

Having said that, you don't have enough time. You need to learn juice and the pct's
    and the cycling and which juice will work best. There is alot of studying involved.
    There is gear that can get your strength up pretty fast.

You should join a gym and start lifting heavy weights..I mean reps in the 4-6 range
    as heavy as you can go that you will only get 4-6

do bench press , squat and dead lift...if you don't know what these are google them
    you need to learn how to build strength and muscle.

You just don't have time..your best bet is to join a gym and build.
    If this all fails i agree driving a truck pays good $$

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    answers:
    1- no
    2- no
    3- no

Always the best

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry about your situation and to answer your questions, no no and no.
    Although there are many reasons not to, another one is that AAS is a hormone and whether anyone believes in roid rage or not, aggressions can certainly increase when using AAS. Therefore, when you are not in a great place mentally, AAS can add to your frustration. I would definitely not start messing with this as getting a better job would be much better and safer. If your butt hole boss is already saying things like this, chances are he has already made up his mind and you should keep looking for new work.
    Good luck to you and please remember, no matter how good or bad things are they will always change. Just hang in there and things will get better.
    Good luck to you and your family.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Sorry bout your situation, imo steroids is not the solution to your problem. As a matter of fact it will increase your problems. These may not be the answers that you were looking for, but its reality. Good Luck.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    The answer is no as its not the option your looking for. You cannot build muscle without lifting, eating right, and proper rest. You lack in those 3 areas so your first thing is to look into a gym.....working 12 hour days, hitting the gym then going home leaves little family time just to warn you, becuase after that your probably going to want to go to bed and catch up on sleep. Do what suites your best in this situation but AAS is not the answer bro, sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Deen54 View Post
    People on here do juice and it is not of importance. You really need to do juice to pay the bills..most of these guys do juice just to look good. lol!...those same guys will tell you.. no don't do juice. haha..so funny.

Having said that, you don't have enough time. You need to learn juice and the pct's
    and the cycling and which juice will work best. There is alot of studying involved.

You should join a gym and start lifting heavy weights..I mean reps in the 4-6 range

do bench press , squat and dead lift...if you don't know what these are google them

Yeah...I thought that might be the problem, just not enough time, you know...

It's really just a desperation ploy anyway, trying to keep my lifestyle in a dying town...it's not worth hurting myself over...as far as going to the gym and all that, I mean somewhere down the road that would probably be an awesome thing for me to do, just for the sake of my health, but my problem is being in pain and having muscle cramps from the work load that I have with the new job...

I can't even imagine adding MORE to that!

I am already dead on my feet...unless there is some secret there that I just don't know about, wouldn't adding weights to that just burn me out more?

Man, I'm really kicking myself in the butt for even letting myself get this out of shape in the first place...but what can you do, eh?

----------------------------------

Anyway, my wife is researching for me all day long, her "sample stack" for me is -

4 weeks dbol
    6 weeks Anavar - 40 mg

PCT

50 mg clomid
    And nolva on hand in case

-----------------------------------

Here's the theory...the dbol is fast acting, and it should help me recover short term, and the Anavar is just to get me some quick strenghth over a 6 week cycle to be able to keep up with the job, as well as maybe helping me shed a few lbs quick...

Anavar seems to be good for strenghth without much water retention which would slow me down...My wife says that dbol is fast acting, and that test would take longer?

And it seems to have less sides when run in a short cycle, and there doesn't seem to be much liver toxicity until 8 weeks or over, right?

I have seen that test cycles are fronted with dbol sometimes because it takes a while for the body to kick in with test?

This was the whole reason for thinking dbol

------------------------------------

So you can see that I have done some research, it's not like I am some 16 year old punk that is going to have his buddy shoot him with a bunch of test in the school gym or something...

I'm just going for fast recovery and as much lean strength gain as I can get until this old body adjusts.

------------------------------------

So it's not a matter of research, because we are doing that...but with that said, I am most likely just going to take my lumps and hope I catch up with the work...maybe the body will just do it on it's own...

But trust me, to go from sitting down fiddling with parts to huffing concrete blocks all day long is no easy task...lol

The biggest thing is enough time...because if it would take the juice 2 months to help me recover then it just isn't worth it...I just know I can't drag it out that long.

But there is always hope that I will adjust naturally anyway.

-----------------------------------------

I really do respect what you guys do...I wouldn't be in this position if I would have been living like you guys do all the time anyway...you guys, no matter what comes your way, are ready to face hardship just by your lifestyle, and trust me, it happens sometimes.

That's really something to be proud of.

How I wish now that I would have spent more time hanging out with "the jocks" in high school, and learning from them, instead of wasting my time on bullshit...

But anyway, thanks for the honesty guys!
    Last edited by The_Question?; 05-16-2008 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Question? View Post
    Hey thanks man...

Yeah I thought about the trucking thing, it's still an option for me if I don't cut it here, but my family talked me out of it because of the time away from home, and having young kids that lifestyle sorta sucks, you know...

But you are absolutely right about it, the money is decent...(not even close to what I am making now)...but for sure I could get work so it's a viable option for me if this falls through.

Out of curiosity though, is juice not for me in your opinion because it would be dangerous, or because it just wouldn't work, or it wouldn't work fast enough?

I'm like 80% sure that it isn't for me too, to be honest...but I just want to know why I guess...I'm getting all kinds of conflicting info on it, like my wife tells me that on boards like this that it doesn't seem like it's really that bad for the body if you do it right.

But then you go outside of these forums and it's like you are asking if you should inject fire into yourself or something...lol

How can there be such a divide with these substances?

Bodybuilders with experience with it will tell each other that it's just a thing, but then outside of these circles it's like poison.
    let me preface this by saying that deen54 is kind of like the village idiot ok. he is chromosomally challenged. so please do not listen to him. ok well i am not saying it is 100% for you my buddy thought the same thing and he did have to sacrifice for one year, but now its the best move he could have made. and the nice thing about it is that he can ALWAYS get a job now. he's been doin it for like three years now and like i said now he is home every night and off almost every weekend. i would talk it over again with your family....a year is really not that long if you can build a future with it. ya know. i mean hell i know another guy that was trying to get a job as a bread route driver and he was gonna be making almost 50k/year. especially in our economical situation here i would highly reconsider. but hey thats just me. hope it works out 4 ya

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Deen54 continues his pattern of advice, I just can't wait to see what's next.

Quote Originally Posted by lex57 View Post
    let me preface this by saying that deen54 is kind of like the village idiot ok. he is chromosomally challenged. so please do not listen to him. ok well i am not saying it is 100% for you my buddy thought the same thing and he did have to sacrifice for one year, but now its the best move he could have made. and the nice thing about it is that he can ALWAYS get a job now. he's been doin it for like three years now and like i said now he is home every night and off almost every weekend. i would talk it over again with your family....a year is really not that long if you can build a future with it. ya know. i mean hell i know another guy that was trying to get a job as a bread route driver and he was gonna be making almost 50k/year. especially in our economical situation here i would highly reconsider. but hey thats just me. hope it works out 4 ya
    Oh yeah, don't get me wrong man it is awesome advice...and really on the top of my choices if/when this thing falls through...

In my area especially it is booming, so it's right on the top of my list...it's even funny that you brought it up because when I first lost my job it was something I looked into heavily...

I know what you mean though, a year over the road and then come back and find local stuff to be near the family, but it's just one of those things where you know that in the end it will pay off, but you really can't stand to think of leaving everything behind, you know?

I guess maybe this whole thing is just another extension of the bodybuilding lifestyle...lol...it's like I don't want to sacrifice and now I am paying for it in the end...

If I would have sacrificed earlier in my life and took care of my body then I never would have had to make this thread.

I always thought of excuses, and I never sacrificed, and now I am paying the price for that...maybe this crappy job is just there to teach me to man up and make those sacrifices in the first place so that I can be ready for these things.

Not to get all "life lesson-ish" or anything, but maybe it's better to just bite the bullet and make those harder decisions for once instead of always taking the easy way out.

Maybe this "quick fix" of juicing that I am considering...sometimes I think this idea is just another way for me to take shortcuts instead of really buckling down and facing the harder road.

I went through this out of high school too...I could have went to college, but I took the factory job out of ease, you know...because the money was there and I didn't have to do a damn thing to really earn it.

But it seems these "easy outs" are always costing me in the end.

Maybe this idea is just another one of those.

Seriously thanks though, this is really helping me to clarify my mind at a critical time in my life if nothing else.
    Last edited by The_Question?; 05-16-2008 at 09:57 AM.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I was sorry for your sitiuation until i read you are a pretty big beer drinker and you would have to quit right?

You are compalining about bills stacking up and feeding your kids. Yet you have beer money. Maybe the bills wouldnt be as bad if you didnt waste money on beer. Ever think you wouldnt drag ass at work if you didnt drink beer?

dont dwell on the past so much my friend..... the future is what you have to look forward to. i know what you are going through all too well. i am 35 and have one more year to go until i am done with school. when i was 19 took a job at my families auto dealership..... worked there for 10 years and it was all i could take. 6 days a week bustin my ass for nothin. so there i was 29 years old no education beyond high school, i worked some shit jobs, now i will have degree in a field where i will be secure for the rest of my life. my wife works as a teacher and has a part time job too so i can go to school as it is very demanding. i have about 11 months and i am done. but i look back at having been doing this for 3 already and 11 months aint shit. especially not to have 20 years of job security ahead.

Emilio_Rebenga is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    hey man..in this life all there is are quick fixes...that is unless you want to do something to get yourself out of a slump

obviously steroids are not the answer for you...did u ever think of moving out of your town and getting a job somewhere else...prob in a city instead of a rural area

i mean come on you're 32 and have 2 kids who depend on you...and you want to jump on roids to what? to only be disappointed when you have to get off and your job performance goes back down....u need to motivate yourself and get off your azz to do something for your family...your kids need you

hey if this job isnt for you then u know what...the hell with it...move on and find something that is...u want job oppertunities but where u are dosent have any...fuk it..go somewhere that does...its up to you to motivate you...even if you have to leave your town for months at a time explain to your wife that you have to do what you have to do for the family...she will understand..i mean fuk ppl from other countries do it all the time..they come here to work and send money back home..and in time they send out for their families

instead of goin to a bar like you said u do and poundin down a couple of cold ones...how about you use that time to start acting on a change

brother you dont need steroids..what you need is a good kick in the ass and a wake up call
    Last edited by Emilio_Rebenga; 05-16-2008 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I was sorry for your sitiuation until i read you are a pretty big beer drinker and you would have to quit right?

You are compalining about bills stacking up and feeding your kids. Yet you have beer money. Maybe the bills wouldnt be as bad if you didnt waste money on beer. Ever think you wouldnt drag ass at work if you didnt drink beer?

Well I'm not like an alcoholic or anything...I drink maybe 2 beers or so after work and sometimes on the weekends if I go out to a BBQ or something...

It's not really a money issue because my dad makes it himself, this is common in Canada where I'm from....and wine too, I've never paid for a beer since I was 19, except at a bar and I don't really do the bar thing anymore...

In total I probably do drink like a case a week though, and you're right man it's probably a case too much...

I never really thought about it slowing me down as far as this job goes, you are probably right, and I should just stop altogether...I know it's not good for me but I'm just used to coming home and taking a shower and having a beer.

Maybe it's cultural or something but this is TOTALLY normal in my society, and just something I grew up with and never really thought much about...

Canadians with beer are sort of like Russians with vodka, it's just what we do I guess.

You are right though.

This is obviously the first thing to do.

Just to clarify so no one thinks I am some sort of loser, if I had to pay for the beer I wouldn't even be drinking it...my house and my kids and wife are my priority, and they are the one thing that I will never let down...so if it was a matter of pay for the hydro bill or have a few beers after work the beer would go in a heartbeat.

And the though of giving it up hold absolutely no emotional attachment for me, it can either stay or go, I could care less.

Thanks for the advice though...
    Last edited by The_Question?; 05-16-2008 at 10:23 AM.

That is better. I thought it was really shitty if you were buying it. But yes stopping drinking will help your eneregy and drop a few pounds too.

Good luck to you

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio_Rebenga View Post
    hey man..in this life all there is are quick fixes...that is unless you want to do something to get yourself out of a slump

obviously steroids are not the answer for you...did u ever think of moving out of your town and getting a job somewhere else...prob in a city instead of a rural area

i mean come on you're 32 and have 2 kids who depend on you...and you want to jump on roids to what? to only be disappointed when you have to get off and your job performance goes back down....u need to motivate yourself and get off your azz to do something for your family...your kids need you

hey if this job isnt for you then u know what...the hell with it...move on and find something that is...u want job oppertunities but where u are dosent have any...fuk it..go somewhere that does...its up to you to motivate you...even if you have to leave your town for months at a time explain to your wife that you have to do what you have to do for the family...she will understand..i mean fuk ppl from other countries do it all the time..they come here to work and send money back home..and in time they send out for their families

instead of goin to a bar like you said u do and poundin down a couple of cold ones...how about you use that time to start acting on a change

brother you dont need steroids..what you need is a good kick in the ass and a wake up call

You guys are right, no doubt...great advice here...

I appreciate it man, I really do, and somewhere in me I know that you are saying it like it is and you are right, but just to clarify...

-------------------------------

You said:

"instead of goin to a bar like you said u do and poundin down a couple of cold ones...how about you use that time to start acting on a change"

-------------------------------

Okay, I didn't say that...

I am WAY past "going to the bar and pounding back" anything...lol...I'm 32 years old man!

My hanging out at the bars days are like ten years behind me...

I just don't want anyone to get the impression that I am like living in a trailer and hanging out with my buddies at the local dive bar every night instead of dealing with my shit...

I'm an average middle class dude, with the exception of no post secondary schooling I live a normal perfectly middle class lifestyle...yes I do drink, and probably a bit too much but I am in no way someone who is not taking care of things in favor of "hanging out at bars" or anything.

----------------------------------------

I do live in a rural area though, and my family is here and my wifes family is here, and it is everything that everyone ever dreamed of in rural living...it's like mayberry without Barney and Andy, you know?

The thought of leaving here makes me sick...why would I want my kids to go through that?

We have a community here, people grow there own food here, everyone knows everyone here, there is fresh air, good fishing, lots of woodlands to enjoy, and a natural lifestyle.

It's like heaven.

Why would I want to give that up?

I mean I would if everything else fell through, but I live in an awesome wholesome natural environment...I will fight to the death before I give that up.

But the city is not far, and I commute to work in the city already, and I could commute for any other work in the city, so it isn't to much of a problem anyway.

I drive a motorcycle and my car is a four banger so it is economically not to much of a strain to just stay rural and just drive to the city to work.

No offense, but the people I see in the city seem to be rather unhappy there...when they "go to get away from it all" they come to my neck of the woods....so why the heck would I want to live there if everyone there is taking time off from work to come here to get there heads on straight?
    Last edited by The_Question?; 05-16-2008 at 10:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    well you know change isnt always a bad thing...i mean you want to change your productivity level so you wanted steroids ...but you dont want to change where you are b/c its your "comfort zone"...i kno that..ive been there..youre scared of change and scared of what you will put your family through...been there done that....but your comfortable where you are and dont want to change that, but u want something better

fuk it bro..life isnt easy5 man..you sometimes have to make sacrifices to do whats best for your family..youre right..ppl in the city go out that way b/c its something that they dont experience everyday....but at the same time think of this...if someone can take their family on a get away to the country for a weekend..then they must have some type of change in their pockets rite....hell even if u have to leave for months at a time then do it...be a man and step up to the plate brother

oh and for some reason when i read your post i can hear the voice of jack handy (the guy from saturday night live who use to read the poems...lol) but thats jus my 2 cents..lol

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    That is better. I thought it was really shitty if you were buying it. But yes stopping drinking will help your eneregy and drop a few pounds too.

Good luck to you
    I think your right, I'm just going to stop it anyway, obviously it's pretty bad for the body to have this type of response on a bodybuilder forum...lol

So other then the roids, which are obviously not the best idea, is there anything I can do other then stopping the alcohol?

If I went and got some of this protein powder would that help me?

I noticed a lot of you guys eat 6 times a day, should I be doing this too?

You look pretty strong from your pic, what would you do if you were me?

eating more smaller meals would help you metabolism and be better. I dont know what you do eat. So its kinda hard to tell you what to change. But crappy food does make you feel crappy. Eat better and will notice a difference.

FirstTimeRage is offline Associate Member
    work your ass, go to the diet forum, consume a large amount of food over the length of the day, that will keep energy levels up and will also help you in repairing muscle tissue.

construction is all about foremen being dicks and pushing you, i worked in it for a number of years and no matter how hard i pushed myself there was always that criticism there for me to work harder. THEIR JOB IS TO PUSH PUSH PUSH, so let them do just that and you do your thing, when they aren't around then slack off a bit, when they are around work harder :P also it takes time for the body to adjust to general labour and the hours you are getting up at ( id assume you wake up early) so stick to it, eat eat eat, not garbage, proper nutrition. also if you find yourself tired thats why the coffee truck come by, drink some coffee

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeRage View Post
    work your ass, go to the diet forum, consume a large amount of food over the length of the day, that will keep energy levels up and will also help you in repairing muscle tissue.

construction is all about foremen being dicks and pushing you, i worked in it for a number of years and no matter how hard i pushed myself there was always that criticism there for me to work harder. THEIR JOB IS TO PUSH PUSH PUSH, so let them do just that and you do your thing, when they aren't around then slack off a bit, when they are around work harder :P also it takes time for the body to adjust to general labour and the hours you are getting up at ( id assume you wake up early) so stick to it, eat eat eat, not garbage, proper nutrition. also if you find yourself tired thats why the coffee truck come by, drink some coffee
    this is what i was tryin to do him..push push push...but u have to want it...thats how i was brought up..the mentality my father put in me was to push myself and if i want somethin then go after it..be the best at what you do..dont take no shit..no one is going to feel sorry for you, so dont feel sorry for yourself...oh and my favorite one...instead of feeling sorry, why dont you use that time to fix whatever is wrong...that is how i was raised from an ex Cuban Army General...so now at 28yrs old..i own my own business, just bought a lot to build my house on, run and promote one of most seccussful nights in the city...and all of this in a short span of 3 years...

u see i live in new orleans and everything i had got washed away in hurricane katrina..i lost my fiance, my house, my car...EVERYTHING! got no money except for $1,000 that FEMA gave me...did i bitch and cry and wanted ppl to feel sorry for me..no..i had to push myself and want to do things...now everything is comming together and its b/c i got off my lazy azz and did something about it..no one is going to give me anything..so i have to work for whats mine

if i can do it going through hurricane katrina where i was weeks with nothing..seeing ppl die, ppl get shot, my house washed away and literaly started from nothing..i know you can do it..the question is "how bad do u want it"

well you know change isnt always a bad thing...i mean you want to change your productivity level so you wanted steroids ...but you dont want to change where you are b/c its your "comfort zone"...i kno that..ive been there..youre scared of change and scared of what you will put your family through...been there done that....but your comfortable where you are and dont want to change that, but u want something better

fuk it bro..life isnt easy5 man..you sometimes have to make sacrifices to do whats best for your family..youre right..ppl in the city go out that way b/c its something that they dont experience everyday....but at the same time think of this...if someone can take their family on a get away to the country for a weekend..then they must have some type of change in their pockets rite....hell even if u have to leave for months at a time then do it...be a man and step up to the plate brother

oh and for some reason when i read your post i can hear the voice of jack handy (the guy from saturday night live who use to read the poems...lol) but thats jus my 2 cents..lol

Jack handy, huh?

So basically you're just being a dick to me because I am laying it on the line here and opening up a little...

Hey dude, if city living makes you an insensitive prick then please, keep me in the country...

First off, I don't WANT a change, I NEED a change, because the situation has been forced on me, it wasn't my choosing.

Second...

I don't want to live in the city because I am trying to avoid bringing my kids up in an environment where if they feel like they need to turn to people with problems, those people won't turn around and make them into some overblown p**ssy character like "Jack Handy" just to boost their inflated ego.

I want my kids to be willing to reach out for a hand from a fellow human if they feel they need it, and not have to worry about losers making them into f***ing T.V. characters.

I want my kids sensitive.

I want them to write poetry if they feel like it, and make great art of all kinds, and I want them to treat people like they are family no matter who they are, or where they are...

I want them kind.

I want them soft hearted.

Maybe you should ask yourself why you wouldn't?

Bitter much?

Look at this thread, I asked a question, and all you guys gave me a straight answer...awesome!

I asked for help and I received it.

I think you equate kindness and soft heartedness to weakness, and it is anything but that...research all of the great leaders in history, they had traits of both strength AND vulnerability, I want my boys to be leaders, and leaders are never afraid to open up and reach out for help when they need to.

A leader must be willing to recruit others to help them in their endevours, rather then working against themselves by working against other people...

Last edited by The_Question?; 05-16-2008 at 12:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Jack handy, huh?

So basically you're just being a dick to me because I am laying it on the line here and opening up a little...

Hey dude, if city living makes you an insensitive prick then please, keep me in the country...

First off, I don't WANT a change, I NEED a change, because the situation has been forced on me, it wasn't my choosing.

Second...

I don't want to live in the city because I am trying to avoid bringing my kids up in an environment where if they feel like they need to turn people with problems, those people won't turn around and make them into some overblown ***** character like "Jack Handy" just to boost their inflated ego.

I want my kids to be willing to reach out for a hand from a fellow human if they feel they need it, and not have to worry about losers making them into ****ing T.V. characters.

I want my kids sensitive.

I want them to write poetry if they feel like it, and make great art of all kinds, and I want them to treat people like they are family no matter who they are, or where they are...

I want them kind.

I want them soft hearted.

Maybe you should ask yourself this is such a bad character trait to you...bitter much?

I think you equate kindness and soft heartedness to weakness, and it is anything but that...research all of the great leaders in history, they had traits of both strength AND vulnerability, I want my boys to be leaders, and leaders are never afraid to open up and reach out for help when they need to.

A leader must be willing to recruit others to help them in their endevours, rather then working against themselves by working against other people...

lighten up man...that was ment to be a joke...youre overly sensatitive...how about u read my other post..the one where i actually got serious...sheesh

you came on here looking for advice on your personal life...you got it..everyone out gave you a little piece of them..we all opened up a little to you a complete stranger including myself (we all laid something on the line)

well all have problems and things that we're going through..now seccuss is defined on how you deal with your problem...thats whats going to make you a winner...how wiill YOU deal with it

lighten up man...that was ment to be a joke...youre overly sensatitive...how about u read my other post..the one where i actually got serious...sheesh

you came on here looking for advice on your personal life...you got it..everyone out gave you a little piece of them..we all opened up a little to you a complete stranger including myself (we all laid something on the line)

well all have problems and things that we're going through..now seccuss is defined on how you deal with your problem...thats whats going to make you a winner...how wiill YOU deal with it

Hey, perhaps man...

If I sound overly serious it's probably because I am going through a hard time...C'mon, you can remember how it was right?

Think back to your time in NO after all of that stuff...I bet you weren't as laid back as you are right now about it...you know what I mean?

At the time it was probably pretty overwhelming, right?

Well that's sort of what I'm going through now, obviously not on that level, but probably the worst "trial" I've had to face, you know?

If anyone should understand that it should be you, having gone through the trials that you went through in the past..

Looking back it always seems like - "Okay cool, that was a hardship" - but when you're going through it, it seems like a big deal...

As far as how to deal with it?

Well that's what I'm trying to do here, right?

Maybe I am just too sensitive right now, but the Jack Handy thing seemed uncalled for...

With that said, I don't disagree with you...I think that I should ditch the idea of Juice and just see how it goes...I hope I can recover naturally, but it sucks not being able to control the body, you know?

If I thought anyone could understand the desire to push the body it would be you guys...
    Last edited by The_Question?; 05-16-2008 at 12:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hey, perhaps man...

If I sound overly serious it's probably because I am going through a hard time...C'mon, you can remember how it was right?

Think back to your time in NO after all of that stuff...I bet you weren't as laid back as you are right now about it...you know what I mean?

At the time it was probably pretty overwhelming, right?

Well that's sort of what I'm going through now, obviously not on that level, but probably the worst "trial" I've had to face, you know?

If anyone should understand that it should be you, having gone through the trials that you went through in the past..

Looking back it always seems like - "Okay cool, that was a hardship" - but when you're going through it, it seems like a big deal...

As far as how to deal with it?

Well that's what I'm trying to do here, right?

Maybe I am just too sensitive right now, but the Jack Handy thing seemed uncalled for...

With that said, I don't disagree with you...I think that I should ditch the idea of Juice and just see how it goes...I hope I can recover naturally, but it sucks not being able to control the body, you know?

If I thought anyone could understand the desire to push the body it would be you guys...
    the Jack Handy thing was deff not called for and as a man i step up and apologize for the cruel joke...i do remember what it was like...no phone, no running water, total khaos..ppl shooting, ppl dieing right in front of you..litteraly dropping dead..ppl looting..not knowing if your family is alive, no tv to see the news...yeah i remember that..and i understand you

you came here looking for advice and u got it...as a human i want to see you and your family do better..as i said...its all about how we deal with our problems that will determine the outcome..u took the easy way out too many times...isnt it time you looked into another option?

seriously though..i do wish u the best brother

the Jack Handy thing was deff not called for and as a man i step up and apologize for the cruel joke...i do remember what it was like...no phone, no running water, total khaos..ppl shooting, ppl dieing right in front of you..litteraly dropping dead..ppl looting..not knowing if your family is alive, no tv to see the news...yeah i remember that..and i understand you

you came here looking for advice and u got it...as a human i want to see you and your family do better..as i said...its all about how we deal with our problems that will determine the outcome..u took the easy way out too many times...isnt it time you looked into another option?

seriously though..i do wish u the best brother

lol...well it isn't THAT bad...

Wow, well how do you make losing a job and struggling in a new one a big deal in that light, right?

Thanks man, well I feel totally silly now for overreacting, you seem like a cool guy...I'm just strung out over this thing obviously and too self involved...

Maybe I just needed to be reminded that there are always worse things out there that others are suffering through...so where did you end up anyway?

Are you back in NO?

Shitty deal that was for sure...

VWbug66 is offline Senior Member
    The Question,
    enable the ability to accept pm's(private messages) i needa pm ya.

Quote Originally Posted by VWbug66 View Post
    The Question,

Okay...trying to figure it out now...

I think there is some sorta time delay with new members though...
    Last edited by The_Question?; 05-16-2008 at 12:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    lol...well it isn't THAT bad...

Wow, well how do you make losing a job and struggling in a new one a big deal in that light, right?

Thanks man, well I feel totally silly now for overreacting, you seem like a cool guy...I'm just strung out over this thing obviously and too self involved...

Maybe I just needed to be reminded that there are always worse things out there that others are suffering through...so where did you end up anyway?

Are you back in NO?

Shitty deal that was for sure...
    man i dont even know where to begin...if you wouldve lived 1 day you wouldve prob went crazy...not to mention my ex fiance was working at charity hospital...and with no electricity they had no way of gettin oxygen to the patients..they litterly had to breathe for them, ppl shooting at the hospital b/c now you have all your drug addicts running the streets with guns they got from lootin stores...and what place has drugs? u guessed it..the hospital!

Or take my brother..living on his roof for 4 days..water all the way to the 2nd floor of his house..he had to be rescued by a helicopter...he had no water no food and the heat at that time was crazy

or take me..i lost my house, car, fiance, saw ppl dropping dead...like i said man its all about how you deal with it..i couldve gave up and said fuk it..but i didnt..i fought for what i have and did what i had to do

to answer your question, yes i live in new orleans again...only to rebuild everything that i lost...u just cant give up man...you have to take it and deal with it...you have to beat your problem..dont let it beat you...

i guess this board did more than just serve u a question about gear

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by VWbug66 View Post
    The Question,

Why do you need to pm him??

To the thread starter if anybody pm's you offering to sale you aas there gona scam you out of your money....

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Deen54 continues his pattern of advice, I just can't wait to see what's next.
    Same here. I'm a fan

Quote Originally Posted by Deen54 View Post

Are you talking of orange or apple juice?
    Please tell me I wanna get big!

VWbug66 is offline Senior Member
    not trying to sell him anything, just would like to discuss things privately

Quote Originally Posted by HORSE View Post
    Why do you need to pm him??

To the thread starter if anybody pm's you offering to sale you aas there gona scam you out of your money....

Hey thanks man...

I wouldn't do that anyway...if I was going to go that route...and after this thread I'm convinced I shouldn't...then I already have what I think is a decent source...

I'm sure he just wants to give me some advice or be my friend...

If he wanted to give me cycle advice he wouldn't do it on this thread because everyone would jump on him because it's obviously a bad idea for me to do it at all.

It's probably that.

Seeing as the mods are on this thread anyway...

How do I get PM's mods?

I think you have to reach 20 post count, but i'm not sure

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information