yankeefan is offline Junior Member

Need Advice Asap

today is my 3 week mark, i am on a Tes250/Tren100 Cycle. 500mg Tes weekly, split up into 1cc twice a week. Tren 1cc EOD.
    i am eating clean, and working out hard, etc...on Sunday i was warming up by jogging a mile, then i hit the machine leg press, on the last rep of a set, something happened( i dont know if i was straining too much, or if i came down too fast, and jerked my neck) i got a terrible pain in my head, like a horrific migrane, just out of no where. so i packed it up, and went home. i took some aleve, and felt great the rest of the day.
    Yesterday, (Monday), i began my w/o with some military press. sure enough on my first rep, i got that horrific pain again out of the blue...
    i talked to a trainer, and he told me i probably had some kind of pulled muscle,but i only i can move my neck freely, with no ain in either direction. figured i'd take a day off, and i'm here at my house, and i'm having sex with my wife, and right when i came i got that migrane out of nowhere. i am really starting to get stressed out because i dont want to stop working out, i am feeling so much stronger, and i spent a lot of money on my gear! what should i do? seeing as when it happened today i was just laying there! please dont respond with wise cracks. anyone ever dealt with this before?

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i cant help you because i have never been in that situation but i can tell you that we have a no flaming rule so if anyone does respond with "wise cracks" you'll be doing the laughing when there suspended. sorry i cant be of help bro
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

thanks bro.

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    go see a doc.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Could be a pinched nerve or strained muscle, probably only a doctor can tell that in the mean time try icing it and also having a bath can sometimes help with that not sure what else to say.

GGallin is offline Senior Member
    This is no bs but listen. Several years ago I had gotten these terrible migranes every time I had sex or jerked off. I thought maybe I had a tumor or something really wrong. But it felt like the way your describing, tight neck, massive headache and it would debilitate me for the whole day. So finally I went to the doc, I told him about the sexually induced migranes I was having. He leaves the office for several minutes and comes back with this giant medical book. Basically there is such a thing as sexually induced migranes that can happen during or soon after ejaculating. It was more common in men than women. He told me it was no big deal and told me to take a few motrin right before doing the nasty. After about a little over a month of that crap the stopped happening. Then a year later they happened aging for about another month. This was several years ago and they have not happened for me since. i know the first you had was not sexually induced but it sounds very similar to what happened to me. I also had one other friend exp the same thing during sex. Its kinda strange but if its related its nothing to worry about IMO. Hope that help you.

facile is offline Member
    I have had very similar issues while on tren (including during sex, found myself tensing up), check your blood pressure and perhaps drop the tren dose a bit.

I carry tension in my neck/trap area that trigger migraines certain exercises trigger bad pain like front squats ???. Also gets worse when under stress, and has happened during sex, not fun, I have heated the area and it helps a bit.

stpete is offline Banned
    I've been using tren for 5 years now and i get a bad headache in the back of my head from time to time as well. Mine only lasts for maybe an hour or two, and i won't take anything to help cause i know it will go away.
    Maybe cut back on the tren and see if that's it. I know it never happened on test or anything else.

have you guys heard of " WEIGHTLIFTER'S HEADACHE"?

bump

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    Never had that happen bro. I woulld go see a doctor just to be on the safe side. If you don't wanna do that maybe try taking a few days off. Just stretch real good everyday. Thats the best thing I can tell you bro... When in doubt, get checked out

BIG PAPI 08 is offline Junior Member
    Id say go see a doc first. then if u feel u can still go to the gym pop a couple ibuprofen and take it easy.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    i was hittin it hard on the leg sled(8 plates on each side) a few yrs ago and i felt something warm in my head and got a massive headache. it scared the shit out of me i thought i was gonna have a stroke in the middle of the gym. but nonetheless i took 3 days off took some aspirin not tylenol or ibuprofen and i was back in 3 days. although it took a little longer to work up the nerve to go heavy on the legs.

bump

stpete is offline Banned
    Don't take anything with acetomenaphen(?) in it. I lost a good friend cause of it and he was only 49.
    Never heard of weightlifters headache bro. But if it hurts, i always stop. There's always tomorrow and the next day.

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    Was there a shooting pain, that went from your neck to your head? It is also possible to bulge a disk in your cervical area, if you stain to hard. But you will usually have some type of tingling or numbness toward your shoulder or down your arm into your fingers.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    1 tylenol too many? what's the story? Why do you hate acetomenaphen(?) so much?

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    Don't take anything with acetomenaphen(?) in it. I lost a good friend cause of it and he was only 49.
    Never heard of weightlifters headache bro. But if it hurts, i always stop. There's always tomorrow and the next day.

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    This might not have anything to do with it, but have you checked your blood pressure recently? Tren and test both can raise BP, tren especially. This could explain headaches, but has nothing to do with muscle strain of course.

thanks for all your info., here is a link to the whole " weightlifters headache" thing.

http://www.webmd.com/migraines-heada...e-pain-in-head

http://www.discussbodybuilding.com/H.../m_5455/tm.htm

bump

southmadejd is offline Member
    I would get your blood pressure checked out like Maldorf said. The muscle strain will have nothing to do with the headache but when you do something strenuous and your bp rises it can cause a headache.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    I would side with pinched nerve... however, i could be totally wrong

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    1 tylenol too many? what's the story? Why do you hate acetomenaphen(?) so much?
    yea please expound... sorry about your loss, most pain relievers like tylenol use this as their primary active ingredient... it is the most common pain relieving substance

i followed what i had read to do today, and here's my results.
    1. i am very hydrated, i always drink tons of water.
    2. i took 2 bayer asp., one hour before my w/o.
    3. i took no suppliments today.
    4. i warmed up good, and was trying to do very little weight ( and i was breathing properly), just trying to get a cardio w/o if anything, and i slowly worked my way up in weight, BOOM, i the most terrible migrane you can imagine, i left the gym, and it tapered off, and my head still hurts a little and it's been 3 hrs.

MercyDog is offline Senior Member
    check your bp both resting and not. Also check your resting HR. You may have to cut back on tren or even do without. Affects everyone very diff. Hopefully you didn't blow a blood vessel on your brain. May need a scan, could actually be serious, could be nothing.

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    do you have any vision problems now. check to see if either of your pupils is dialted more than the other. did you vomit at all or were you close?

duece02 is offline New Member
    you gotta go see a doc bro if that continues

really does sound like BP to me. Comes when you start to lift heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorf View Post
    This might not have anything to do with it, but have you checked your blood pressure recently? Tren and test both can raise BP, tren especially. This could explain headaches, but has nothing to do with muscle strain of course.
    i believe you are right Maldorf. i think it's definitely BP related. i keep replaying everything that i did Sunday ( the first time it happended) which was different from my normal Routine.
    1. i started taking Creatine Mon Before my W/O that day for the first time.

2. i ran one 10 minute before my workout... since i started the Tren i hadnt done any Cardio because i heard it kills it, so i have just been hitting the weights. ( but i noticed i had started getting a little bloated so i figured some cardio would help) so i figured i may have spiked my BP before i even hit the weights and then when i started the leg presses my BP was already way too high from the running.

so say it's the BP...
    i have already tried taking 3 bayer before my W/O, no creatine, and very, very light lifting, and the migrane still comes within minutes of lifting...

Quote Originally Posted by lex57 View Post
    do you have any vision problems now. check to see if either of your pupils is dialted more than the other. did you vomit at all or were you close?

no vision problems, and my only nausea comes from thinking i'm flushing my gear down the toilet due to not being able to W/O. everwhere i read about this it says to take a few weeks off. if i do that this cycle is done, so should i pack it up and stop everything, and start my PCT in3 weeks, and then wait another month to start up again? it's so frustrating because i am just starting to feel stronger, and i can see little things improving on me, in just 3 weeks, not one part of me wants to stop, it depressing the hell out of me, just at the thought of stopping everything...

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan View Post
    no vision problems, and my only nausea comes from thinking i'm flushing my gear down the toilet due to not being able to W/O. everwhere i read about this it says to take a few weeks off. if i do that this cycle is done, so should i pack it up and stop everything, and start my PCT in3 weeks, and then wait another month to start up again? it's so frustrating because i am just starting to feel stronger, and i can see little things improving on me, in just 3 weeks, not one part of me wants to stop, it depressing the hell out of me, just at the thought of stopping everything...
    ok well thats good, the no vision problems that is. occipital headaches are very common with high blood pressure. occipital portion of the brain is the very back lower portion. so it kinda fits with what the others are saying, probably bp related.

Quote Originally Posted by lex57 View Post
    ok well thats good, the no vision problems that is. occipital headaches are very common with high blood pressure. occipital portion of the brain is the very back lower portion. so it kinda fits with what the others are saying, probably bp related.

Yes Lex, it seems that is the problem. i just dont understand why everything i read says to take a couple of weeks off, but it doesnt say why? what needs 2 weeks to heal? if it is the BP, then why does it keep happening... esp. if i'm taking it easy, and taking the 3 Bayers an hour before i try to W/O.
    i know some had asked so here are my Vitals....
    just checked my BP sitting here relaxed . 136/64 pulse is 73

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Huge bump to this!

Not to mention that with the high blood pressure while you are doing strenuous activities such as weight lifting, sex, etc... this could trigger headaches due to an additional increase in BP on top of the already high BP from the AAS. Something worthwhile to check, i know that you BP goes up when doing activities like this but check yourself immediatly after a set or what not and see where your at. In this situation you have to rule out everything. Best of luck to you!

done....

i went to get a CAT SCAN and thank God it came out clean, the guy also wanted to do a Lumbar Tap " spinal tap" but i said, the only one poking needles in me, is myself! i can take a quad shot, but a needle between my spines, i had to pass... the doctor told me not to lift for a month....so 3 weeks into a great cycle, i guess, i have to put a fork in it. how to come off, and how soon i can start PCT if i need it, and how soon to start the gear again up is beyond me and worth another thread.
    THE DOCT SAID THERE IS NO PINPOINT ANSWER FOR "WEIGHTLIFTERS HEADACHE"...

i went to get a CAT SCAN and thank God it came out clean, the guy also wanted to do a Lumbar Tap " spinal tap" but i said, the only one poking needles in me, is myself! i can take a quad shot, but a needle between my spines, i had to pass... the doctor told me not to lift for a month....so 3 weeks into a great cycle, i guess, i have to put a fork in it. how to come off, and how soon i can start PCT if i need it, and how soon to start the gear again up is beyond me and worth another thread.
    THE DOCT SAID THERE IS NO PINPOINT ANSWER FOR "WEIGHTLIFTERS HEADACHE"...
    So it sounds like your resting BP is normal- high normal and no alarm. Perhaps it isnt the BP after all. Im sure the doc checked the bp, what was the reading?

So it sounds like your resting BP is normal- high normal and no alarm. Perhaps it isnt the BP after all. Im sure the doc checked the bp, what was the reading?
    when they took it in the ER it was high, because i was nervous, he had just mentioned the Spinal Tap, so i believe it was the top number was in 160, i forgot to write it dwn but i remember my pulse was 110.

i also had researched and a couple of guys that had this went to a chiropractor and had adjustments on their necks, so i tried it this morning, i wasnt sore before but after that guy tried to rip my neck off, i'm a little sore. even the Chiro figured it had something tro do with my blood vessels, but he said aligning my neck could alleviate some pressure. thanks for all the feedback i'm getting from all you veterans.

any thoughts on what i should do now since i was told not to lift for a month, and i'm only 3 weeks into the cycle? should i start a new thread for sugg.?

CONair4Life is offline New Member
    I had symptoms like this a few yrs ago but it started with military presses. I felt I tweaked something in my neck and got a severe migraine/tension headache. I had to stop lifting cause it caused nausea. For the next couple weeks I could move my neck and head around with no probs but everytime I caused my neck to strain I would get the headaches back and have to quit. I never went to the doctor but if I took ibuprofen before I worked out I was fine (for some reason only it worked). After a few weeks the headaches finally stopped. I know people say not to take NSAID cause it affects muscle growth but I was still able to workout taking them and if you're on cycle i couldn't imagine it be that much.

T-Time619 is offline New Member
    bump
    bump and grind!

Thread Information