GettinBigAintEZ is offline Junior Member

Would you let your kids do gear?

just wondering what your thoughts are if your kid wanted to do gear. Obviously we are assuming they are 20+

N*E*R*D is offline Banned
    well then hes a grown man he can make his own decision, but not get advice of you though as i seen your last thread, let him come here himself so he can educate himself.

breakbones is offline Senior Member
    As a counselor for at risk youth, I would inform them of the harm steroids can do. you realy cant tell them not to, but you can provide them with informations that will give them a or correct decission

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    If they were serious about weight training, nutrition, and have resarched them then yes. Oh and also if i was old enough to have a kid old enough to use AAS. I see nothing wrong with them but you must take them seriously and not just "play" with them. They are very strong substances that can benefit ones self mentally and physically.

CygonX is offline New Member
    Yes and No. My son is 15 years old, plays football, and is about to start football for his freshman year, and in a school that takes football very seriously. You can look at the varsity team and tell that there is no way in hell they are “natural”. Long story short, he really needed to put on some muscle to be lineman. As he was dead serious about doing it, and I made the decision to do the research and help him pick the supplements/steroids /prohormones etc.

Do I think kids that age need the stuff? No I do not. Do I think it’s 100% safe and healthy for a 15 year old? No I do not.
    However, I certainly prefer being in on his training and conditioning, and making sure he gets what I consider to be safer alternatives from reliable sources versus just giving him a “No”. It seems that every other day some kids get busted in high school buying or selling steroids. I felt that an oral prohormones and a lot of quality supplements was a much better choice than leaving him with no other alternative than to consider buying god knows what from the kids at school.

Now, 6 months or so later, he’s made good gains, he’s healthy, and he’s had almost no side effects.

Having said that, he knows I am not utilizing the natural method to make my gains, so I would have really come off as a hypocrite to just say “No” to him.

If your situation is different, you can always push the “supplements” only. Fortunately, many come in pretty bottles that really look like they’ll make you sprout massive muscles on the spot. That method didn’t work for me, as my kid had done some research himself, but in a different scenario most “kids” would think they were getting something

But if he’s really 20+, then that’s a judgment call you’ll have to make.

TallMan is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CygonX View Post
    Yes and No. My son is 15 years old, plays football, and is about to start football for his freshman year, and in a school that takes football very seriously. You can look at the varsity team and tell that there is no way in hell they are “natural”. Long story short, he really needed to put on some muscle to be lineman. As he was dead serious about doing it, and I made the decision to do the research and help him pick the supplements/steroids /prohormones etc.

Do I think kids that age need the stuff? No I do not. Do I think it’s 100% safe and healthy for a 15 year old? No I do not.
    However, I certainly prefer being in on his training and conditioning, and making sure he gets what I consider to be safer alternatives from reliable sources versus just giving him a “No”. It seems that every other day some kids get busted in high school buying or selling steroids. I felt that an oral prohormones and a lot of quality supplements was a much better choice than leaving him with no other alternative than to consider buying god knows what from the kids at school.

Now, 6 months or so later, he’s made good gains, he’s healthy, and he’s had almost no side effects.

Having said that, he knows I am not utilizing the natural method to make my gains, so I would have really come off as a hypocrite to just say “No” to him.

If your situation is different, you can always push the “supplements” only. Fortunately, many come in pretty bottles that really look like they’ll make you sprout massive muscles on the spot. That method didn’t work for me, as my kid had done some research himself, but in a different scenario most “kids” would think they were getting something

I wouldn't let a 15 year old use anabolic steroids. There are more risks starting that early. I would have made him wait at least a few years.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I wouldn't let a 15 year old use anabolic steroids. There are more risks starting that early. I would have made him wait at least a few years.
    agreed! 15 year olds should never be using that is stupid. You may have already stunted his growth.

TallMan is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    agreed! 15 year olds should never be using that is stupid. You may have already stunted his growth.
    That's probably the least to worry about. He can get sexual problems or even pain when ejaculating

I read all I could on it, and could find no real evidence to support stunted growth due to weight training or steroids , and he's already quite large so it wouldn't really hurt him any if he stopped growing today as it is. I picked a very light weight pro-hormones and a lot of supplements to go with them. Most of his gains I would say came from good diet and exercise more so the pro-hormones. Obviously you don't want to hand your kids steroids and tell them to have fun, but it's likely the lesser of two evils in my scenario.

If you had seen the news in the past few years in the Dallas area and you knew what school I was referring to, you'd understand a little more about the "steroid problem" in the high schools here. I had no doubt that my kid could get something from elsewhere, and that was a much scarier prospect for me than stunted growth.

Once again, I still do not recommend it. I'm just sharing my situation, the decision I made, and that the results.

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    there's a big difference between an adult taking a calculated risk with hiser own body and allowing a minor to take the risk.

my kids, as long as under 21 and under my roof won't use the stuff. but then again, i'd never let them play football either. my job is to protect and educate and let em loose when they are old enough to take responsibility for themselves.

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    thats just stupid 15??? alright dude.
    but again if he is 20+ he aint no kid and hes entitled to do what he pleases, if he abused them I would be unhappy and worry but if he did his homework and used them responsibly and conservativly than I assume i would be ok with it, however I dont like the aspect of him potentialy going to jail so in his best intrest if it became legal than yes but if it is still illegal in 15 years then no i dont want to thin about my son going to jail

Branch_w is offline Junior Member
    imo if the kid is already thinking about it and asking about hes probably gonna take it no matter what you say....cant you all remember being 15...neways if it were my kid, obviously i would try to talk im out of it b/c we all know 15 is way too young but if hes gonna take it agaist my wishes id rather know what it is hes putting into his body myself instead of being in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTAPART2 View Post
    ... I dont like the aspect of him potentially going to jail so in his best interest if it became legal than yes but if it is still illegal in 15 years then no i do not want to think about my son going to jail
    Prohormones are still legal, the legality was also a concern of mine. I'd certainly prefer that if he does anything, that it's legal. And that it stays at home, and not in a locker at school or etc. And that with some involvement, if he notices a side effect, I am going to hear about it. If he was buying something at school and keeping it from us, we'd have to assume he'd avoiding sharing anything but a serious side effect with us as well.

Conceptually it sounds like a great idea to just put your foot down, and let No mean No. But I have two teenagers in high school, and as much as I wish I had the time to follow them around and make all their decisions for them, it's just not practical. Instead, we try to be involved and informed everywhere we can. If they let you, and you have that kind of relationship with your kids, then that's the best you can hope for.

MercyDog is offline Senior Member
    I had 3 children but was low on protein and had no money. I know it was wrong but I had to eat them. Still bothers me to this day.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by MercyDog View Post
    I had 3 children but was low on protein and had no money. I know it was wrong but I had to eat them. Still bothers me to this day.
    Was that you???...i saw you on the news bro...that was some mad puking you did...

BuffBuffalo is offline Senior Member
    I'm confused. Did you get him anabolic steroids or something from a store? Sorry if I missed something, but it wasn't very clear to me?

Schrodinger is offline New Member
    thats a pretty shitty situation if you think about it though...
    i remember 10 years ago when i was 15, and all i had to do was have one of my 18 year old friends stop by GNC and pick us up some andro poppers.
    kids in high school can get stuff easier than us most half the time. i was working at a garage and the owner was excited because he thought he was gonna have a hook up with the good stuff.
    kids take sports seriously. for many, there lives start and end with their highschool sports. i knew a guy who was taking test for his senior year of football... and we werent even that good! i wrestled for 7 years and theres nothing i wouldnt have done to make weight. at that age, they already know everything and your advice doesnt count for jack.
    all this considered, i guess id rather observe him doing mild prohormones or something than have him injecting 2000mg of test a week for a one month cycle, or taking 200 mg of dbol everyday for a year.
    obviously hindsights 20/20 and its best to stay completely natural at his age... or shit, until mine if your gonna do it at all. but i guess my point is theyre gonna do whatever the hell they want to and go behind your back if they need to.
    Last edited by Schrodinger; 08-01-2008 at 05:46 PM.

one8nine is offline Banned
    hell yes
    but make the age 16

CanonMan is offline New Member
    If my kid was old enough (21+) then he would be making his own decisions as far as that goes. I'd much rather my child be doing AS than cocaine, smoking cigarettes, drinking excessively, etc. There are far worse things than someone trying to improve their physique.

Doub1e_J is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CygonX View Post

Wow that is a tough call. I am uncertain but I think you might have made the best choice. But where do you draw the line? You kid says he wants to do pot or some other kind of drugs. It is likely he could get it from his friends at school so do you bend to his wishes let him get it and try to control where he does it or how much?

I am not judging you because I have yet to reach that point in life. My children are only 2 and 5 yrs old but I am sure my time will come. I hope I make the right choice when it does.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    i would. i plan on running some sometime, not sure when, but i'm not gonna be a hypocrite. hopefully they don't do everything i did as a kid, but at least steroids are mainly for a good cause and doesn't hurt anyone else

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    assuming they use it responsibly and are ready and educated, yes

Thread Information