916casanova is offline Associate Member

Travel with gear

Hey all, a bit ago I was worried about traveling with gear while on a cruise and have seen some others ask about the safety of it and not many knew how thurough they are now adays on cruise ships.Now while Im not saying every cruise is the same but they didn't check me at all while getting on or off the boat. They scanned all the bags and such and I went thru a metal detector but I bought a perscription refill and was worried at first but they never checked me at all. Even getting back into port in San Diego they didn't. It is still a risk if you want to try it but that was just my experience with this cruise. Next time I am gettin more than my script refilled.. Never even think about it on a plane though that's for sure!!

BIG-N-Brazil is offline Associate Member
    I fly to Brazil every month and I use to bring mine with me all the time.....Never had a problem flying with it. Guess its all a risk though.....Glad u made it safely...

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    Thanks for sharing...

Gears is offline Member
    It`s just me, but I probably wouldn`t risk something like that with airport security these days.

BIG-N-Brazil is offline Associate Member
    I always check my bag. Even overseas no problem. I would never bring it in my carry on.

g0dsend is offline Member
    Thanks for the heads up, I'm planning a cruise this December myself

football3355 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gears View Post
    It`s just me, but I probably wouldn`t risk something like that with airport security these days.
    actually secureity kinda sucks to be honest. I went to ensenada mexico a month back and I got my decent Testoprim-D gear through the boarder, and through the San diego air port in my luggage.

Yeah, Cabo and Ensenada is where I went as well. They took a guys paint ball gun but I walked thru with pockets fulls of pills.. *L*

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    What were you expecting a cavity search of every passenger coming on/off the boat? They dont have the legal authority to search you my friend.

I had thought possibly a little more thorough search getting back into the states instead of just walking by.
    Last edited by 916casanova; 08-18-2008 at 05:45 PM.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i had to walk thru a metal detector everytime i got on the ship and had to put my bags thru a scanner. what cruise line are you sailing with?
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Bags went thru a scanner and the metal detector was getting on the ship but not when I got back to the states.. Coulda at least got some orals. I went on Carnival.

PT
    were did the ship sail out of
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion

San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    i had to walk thru a metal detector everytime i got on the ship and had to put my bags thru a scanner. what cruise line are you sailing with?
    As long as you arent smuggling some METAL BOX, you'll be good to go.
    anyone ever hear of this steroid?

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    never been on a cruise...forget you rich people lol

Quote Originally Posted by Flex-Appeal View Post
    never been on a cruise...forget you rich people lol
    ive been on probably 5 already, they are never over a grand. you are just very poor.

*LOL* 6 day cruise was like 600 after taxes. Free food but expensive drinks. Cheap drugs though while in mexico and could easily make your money back with your pockets full of pills..

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 916casanova View Post
    *LOL* 6 day cruise was like 600 after taxes. Free food but expensive drinks. Cheap drugs though while in mexico and could easily make your money back with your pockets full of pills..
    thats what i like to hear

ChemWizard1 is offline Junior Member
    ive been on that same cruise outta SD, did you pick up gear in ensenada? How was the quality of the gear??

PT
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    ive been on probably 5 already, they are never over a grand. you are just very poor.
    what????? i went on my first about 2 months ago and booked another for this winter and they were both over a grand. true my plane ticket to purto rico was almost as much as the cruise but it was more then a grand per person. i guess if you went on a 7 day cruise that sailed out of a place you can drive to and you got an inside cabin you can get it for that price but i NEED a outside deck on my cabin so i can see were im going and snap pic's when were docking.

PT
    Quote Originally Posted by 916casanova View Post
    i just booked a 7 day cruise and after it was all said and done i paid $1,400 per person for the cruise. i'll end up spending another grand or two on the ship for excurcions and crap though. my last cruise back in june we went swimming with dolphins, parasailing, and rented dune buggies to explore the island of curraco and those add up fast

Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    what????? i went on my first about 2 months ago and booked another for this winter and they were both over a grand. true my plane ticket to purto rico was almost as much as the cruise but it was more then a grand per person. i guess if you went on a 7 day cruise that sailed out of a place you can drive to and you got an inside cabin you can get it for that price but i NEED a outside deck on my cabin so i can see were im going and snap pic's when were docking.
    ha, in 06 i did panama belize and costa rica 9 days $600.

Quote Originally Posted by ChemWizard1 View Post
    ive been on that same cruise outta SD, did you pick up gear in ensenada? How was the quality of the gear??

It was my first cruise and I didn't know how the security was so I didn't pick up any roids. Just got some vicodin since I have a script but ended up they didn't even check me.

Thread Information