dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Can steroids help with muscle injuries?

I ask cause I can see that steroids can raise IGF, GH, levels and etc. and help repair muscles quicker from workouts but what about injuries? Can they help recover from those too?

MR_T is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dece870717 View Post
    I ask cause I can see that steroids can raise IGF, GH, levels and etc. and help repair muscles quicker from workouts but what about injuries? Can they help recover from those too?
    short answer yes, as long as it's not a joint/tendon injury

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ya, I just started reading a bit more on other boards and stuff and it seems like low dose deca helps quite a few people recovery from muscle injuries a lot quicker and better and is even given to some people recovering from major surgery.

Teras is offline Junior Member
    Ya, I just started reading a bit more on other boards and stuff and it seems like low dose deca helps quite a few people recovery from muscle injuries a lot quicker and better and is even given to some people recovering from major surgery.
    Don't know about deca but some drugs definitely increase collagen sythesis such as var or hgh for exemple. But I wouldn't rely on it really, cause most muscle injuries are quick to heal anyways if you do the right things. Tendons and ligaments are the ones which take times but using steroids wouldn't do much good in those cases.

IMO the smartest procedure is to heal completely then do a cycle to get back to where you were before the injury and beyond.

MR_T is offline Member
    also burn victims

stallion_1 is offline suspended
    yea, why do u think people with aids take 'em?

agentV is offline New Member
    No offense mate but a steroid cycle including PCT is a bit of a long way round sorting out a muscle injury as the only type of repair would be for a tear (and that will sort itself out in the time you have done your cycle and PCT)
    Not an expert on droids but used to play a lot of football at high enough level to have had my fair share.

Just rest, then take it slow until you have confidence that its ok. Listen to what the muscles telling you. Stretch and warm up lightly before you use the muscle. Twinges and uncomfortablenesses mean need more rest, so be careful with it.
    Build your confidence slowly and keep it in your head the injury is there. The problem with muscle strains is if you rush back the injury will rush back. I am pretty sure this would be the case if on juice or not.

A hamstring tear should take a maximum of 6 weeks to recover from with the correct rest. Your not going to find a harder tear to get by if you need to use the power from your legs so no I cant see anabolic steroids as the answer to a muscle injury. However there are a lot of drugs out there that can help. These are usually anti inflammatory agents. Even in the worst cases doctors will only treat strains and tears with anti inflammatory agents and then apply a brace to ensure the patient does not stress the torn muscle and allows it to heal.

Thread Information