Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    fanatic is offline Member

58 year old man recovering from knee replacement...

58 year old man recovering from knee replacement (my Dad) and I'm thinking about recommending something mild to help him recover more quickly. Anyone with any experience here?

Obviously HGH/IGF-1 will be a popular response... maybe var. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks fellas.

TranscriptionFactor is offline Associate Member
    Cant begin to answer without more background on your dad's overall health. Is he overweight? Level of activity prior to knee replacement? How long ago was the joint replaced? Any other joints?
    The key to recover from a total knee is physical therapy trying to achieve full range of motion of the the knee, early on, especially in Extension, to avoid formation of a contracture. Walking will be good to start out with, also Leg extensions on a machine.

As far as supplements I dont know, probably HGH is the safest. BTW if any injections are performed, STERILITY of the procedure is of ABSOLUTE importance. You do NOT want to take a chance in seeding the joint with an infection - which would mean back to the OR and a world of pain.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    58 year old man recovering from knee replacement (my Dad) and I'm thinking about recommending something mild to help him recover more quickly. Anyone with any experience here?

Obviously HGH/IGF-1 will be a popular response... maybe var. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks fellas.
    The human body has a process for healing itself, IMHO don't push any of that stuff on your dad, it may hurt him more than help him.

Thread Information