Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Garbanzo Dude is offline Member

Normal Natural Testostrone Range

For the rest of the year when you are NOT on AAS cycle.

This # can vary for many reasons.....but age seems to be biggest factor.....so what do you guys consider normal and optimal for retaining muscle after PCT is over and you have to rely on your natural test to keep what you have gained or even grow through diet only?

I know Doc's and blood tests have a range( but WTF ) what's normal for your age?????

here are a few that I have seen

"20-49 years old" 262-1593 ng/ML

"adult males" 350-1030 ng/ML

I know guys in the early 40's over 800 and guys in mid 20's under 400<----(which fall in that "normal range" and have NO to access to HRT)

So again I say WTF???

bbuilder is offline Associate Member
    I had my tests done after a cycle.

Normal ranges for 30-40 years old are.....

Testosterone , Serum004227 241-827 ng/d

Mine was 1187.

Quote Originally Posted by bbuilder View Post
    I had my tests done after a cycle.

Normal ranges for 30-40 years old are.....

Testosterone , Serum004227 241-827 ng/d

Mine was 1187.

Wow man.....was this after PCT?? And how old are you??

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    Thanks for the effort man......but this doesn't mention nothing more than how to read a blood test......I'm trying to find out what the "optimum" # to keep/build muscle for any given age.....

And what can younger guys within the LOW but suppositly Normal range do to improve that....

bbuilder is offline Associate Member
    I'm 39. Yes, it was 1 or 2 months after cycle and PCT.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    I know that it drops off with age and that a lot of older guys keep on taking test in low doses after a cycle more as a replacement for bringing up there natural levels, some use the creams, orals or shots in off cycle periods. the benifits in how you feel and retaining the muscle growth is great.
    i get it tested and then aim at getting and holding mine in the upper regions during the off cycle with supp's.
    Most of the older guys bodybuilding are doing the same.

Just my opinion

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    I keep mine 1000-1200 all year long.

I would think 600-800 would be great.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Mine was at 467 after PCT, which was good IMHO

You also have to consider bioavailable test (free test + albumin bound) to really know if you're good to go .... Someone with 800 total test but a high SHBG count can end up having lower bio-available test than someone with 400 ng but with low SHBG count (my SHBG is quite low)... so total test really is a very crude gauge

Unless you have certified hypogonadism (abnormally low or high LH/FSH test will confirm whether it is of secondary or primary nature), there is no reason to believe that your total test (at low-normal range) means anything especially if your LH/FSH is well within normal range. Your body operates on homeostasis and will produce as much bioavailable test as it needs after factoring in all physiological variables, including your diet, stimuli, sleep, and hormones like your SHBG count.

In conclusion, get blood panels for free and bio-available test done to get a more accurate picture
    Last edited by InsaneInTheMembrane; 09-16-2008 at 01:40 AM.

A&FGuy is offline Associate Member
    wow, nice avi fallen.

in2shape is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A&FGuy View Post
    wow, nice avi fallen.
    i 2nd that sensational

Dr_BruceBanner is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A&FGuy View Post
    wow, nice avi fallen.
    I concur

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneInTheMembrane View Post

You also have to consider bioavailable test (free test + albumin bound) to really know if you're good to go .... Someone with 800 total test but a high SHBG count can end up having lower bio-available test than someone with 400 ng but with low SHBG count (my SHBG is quite low)... so total test really is a very crude gauge

Unless you have certified hypogonadism (abnormally low or high LH/FSH test will confirm whether it is of secondary or primary nature), there is no reason to believe that your total test (at low-normal range) means anything especially if your LH/FSH is well within normal range. Your body operates on homeostasis and will produce as much bioavailable test as it needs after factoring in all physiological variables, including your diet, stimuli, sleep, and hormones like your SHBG count.

In conclusion, get blood panels for free and bio-available test done to get a more accurate picture
    Best input so far man......yeah I personally fall in that 450-502 total test range at 31 years old.....I got to look at my reports and see what the latest free test was....I think I remember seeing one at 36%???

Anyhow I started this thread cause....a few of my friends are trying to compare reports....one guy is 41 with total test at like 850+ and another buddy is 28 and is at the low 400 range<-----IMO and his this younger has a lot harder retaining and building muscle.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneInTheMembrane View Post

Good post Mr Insaine !!! I agree with this totally. Not an issue for me any more though because I am on HRT and I maintain at around 1000 ng/nl which is just over the top of the range. The other thing to consider of course are Estradiol levels, these are just as important as test levels. Either too high or too low are both bad and the middle to the high end of the range should be maintained.

BUMP.....looking for input from the big vets

SO here is the million $$$$ question can one do anything to contorl or lower the SHBG to free up the test?????

Here is something I found on another site......any one eles like to chime in.....please do so.

Not many options when it comes to trying to lower SHBG levels
    Supplements that lower SHBG:
    -Proviron
    -GH
    -Avena Sativa Extract/Green oat that contains Avenacosidas-supposedly there is none of this product out on the market that shows that it works.
    -Carao Extract-Theory only-has not been proven yet
    -Utica Dioca aka Stinging Nettles
    -Muira Puama

Clomid and Nolvadex increas SHBG levels.

Thread Information