daniel_3855 is offline Member

has anyone ever lost bf on cycle?

has anyone ever lost bf on cycle? what was you on.

does anyone think its possible to get from 15%-11% on a var and test e cycle with proper diet?

god-send is offline Associate Member
    yes if your diet is great you can drop body fat and gains a good ammount of lean size.

diet and cardio = fat loss

Freakish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_3855 View Post

does anyone think its possible to get from 15%-11% on a var and test e cycle with proper diet?
    it pretty much the only reason i cycle,so i can get down to 6%bf while gaining a few pounds

but your diet and training have to be in check

mx3
    mx3 is offline Senior Member
    you could drop 4%bf without cycling the main reason for cycling while cutting is to maintain muscle mass with a calorie dificiency. so the answer to your question is yes.

Roshambo is offline Member
    bump

Freakish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roshambo View Post
    bump
    why would you bump a thread thats already at the top lol

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    yeah, you can drop bf just by virtue of gaining muscle. unless you are a total slob you should be able to drop bf without doing much at all.

michael tyson is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    yeah, you can drop bf just by virtue of gaining muscle. unless you are a total slob you should be able to drop bf without doing much at all.
    based on your picture, you need to drop some bf

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kchrist View Post
    based on your picture, you need to drop some bf
    tell me about it.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?

Can you lose BF% on cycle? Yes.

Is it possible to drop 4%BF from Var and Test E? Doubtful, unless that diet is SPOT on, which it doesnt seem to be considering youre starting at 15%.

What does your diet look like?

this is my diet. pro/carb/fat

8.00- whey shake, cup of oats with a litle semi milk. 40/40/?

11.00- can of tuna, 1 tbs flax oil. 30/1/14

2.00- can of tuna, 1 tbs flax oil. 30/1/14

3.00 workout
    pwo whey shake. 40/?/?

6.00. 8oz chicken with brown rice. 40/40/?

9.30-10.00. casien shake. 30/?/?

total around. 210/80/40

i would like to add 1 slice of whole weat bread with the 2 tuna meals?? just something to wrap the tuna in. yes or no?

i would add 1 extra meal if wasnt working and swap the tuna meals with chicken and vegs but i cant as iam always working so need something that i can chuck dowm my neck fast.

on sat and sunday i have around 250/100/60.
    Last edited by daniel_3855; 10-14-2008 at 01:03 PM.

jstraw428 is offline Anabolic Member
    What are your stats......That meal plan seems a bit lacking, even if you are cutting.....

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]

During the process of my weight loss I cycled and went steadily down from 20 ish % to 12 % ...all depends on diet training and lots of cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by jstraw428 View Post
    What are your stats......That meal plan seems a bit lacking, even if you are cutting.....

15%bf
    age 24
    5ft9

12 stone, thinks that around 175lbs.

what if i add the whole weat bread 1 slice in each tuna meal.?

That is still very lacking bro........i dont think i got that low on carbs until maybe the week before competition....

What are you goals for this cycle.....what do you want to accomplish...

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    your diet is lacking carbohydrates and protein.

I would add more carbs in like potatoes, oatmeal, brown rice, yams, lentils

Also for protein stick with lean cuts of beef, chicken, egg whites, tuna, etc...

Visit the diet section and youll get a good idea of what to eat and when. Cutting happens from diet (yes true the more muscle you gain the more fat you burn...it goes hand in hand but the main part is diet). Trust me, i did not figure this out until i actually went thru a cutting cycle with diet alone no AAS. When i started AAS i upped my protein and carbs and kept fat lower and made great lean gains.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    also do not depend on protein shakes to give your body what it needs for protein intake. Shake PWO and that is it for me, sometimes if any before bed ill have a caesin shake, but this is all on top of the chicken beef and tuna i eat throughout the day and towards bed time.

I with Lego on this one.....shakes are a poor excuse for protein.....I made this mistake early on, whole foods are where it is at....

sizerp is offline Banned
    Time to eat!

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    i would like to add 1 slice of whole weat bread with the 2 tuna meals?? just something to wrap the tuna in. yes or no?
    Look into getting ezekiel bread. I picked up that advice on here given to a female preparing for contest from someone who trains pro's I think.

I eat it with pieces of chicken breast in a sandwhich sometimes. Dry, but nutrient rich.

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Consider replacing the am shake with hard boiled egg whites (and drop the milk, eat the oats plain). I buy them 5 dozen at a time and go through them like water....

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

You should be able to reduce that amount easily and more if your dedicated with diet and training.

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member

3.00 workout
    pwo whey shake. 40/?/?

total around. 210/80/40

i would add 1 extra meal if wasnt working and swap the tuna meals with chicken and vegs but i cant as iam always working so need something that i can chuck dowm my neck fast.

Here's an example of a diet that would work pretty good for your size and goals

Meal 1:
    4 egg whites (including 1whole egg)
    1 cup oats
    Fish/flax oil (2 capsules)

Meal 2:
    1 can of Albacore in water
    Green veggies (steamed)
    Sweet potato

Meal 3:
    1 cup cooked brown rice with 4 oz chicken breast and broccoli mixed in

Meal 4:
    Repeat meal 3, add flax/fish oil

Work out and Meal 5: (or whenever your workout falls during your day.)
    PWO Shake

Meal 6:
    Repeat meal 2 except remove sweet potato. Add some sunflower seeds or almonds and FF cottage cheese or casein shake before bed.

And never underestimate the value of cardio.

tprop is offline Associate Member
    your diet posted is actually PERFECT!If you stick to this youll lose a pound per week and gain mass due to juice and if you want to get to 4% u have 2 choices run diet and cycle longer to get that low or have a deficit of 600-700 cals per day right now your at 500 per day to do this cut the fat intake down instead of other macros(carbs,pro).BTW it take a deficite of 3500 cals to lose 1 lb of body weight meaning fat or muscle depending on how you do it.If you fast you lose muscle which is why a max of 500 per day is recomemded for natural cutters but the max for juicing is 1000 but the max i reccomend is 700.So the tuna and what ever is not able to be added.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tprop View Post
    your diet posted is actually PERFECT!If you stick to this youll lose a pound per week and gain mass due to juice and if you want to get to 4% u have 2 choices run diet and cycle longer to get that low or have a deficit of 600-700 cals per day right now your at 500 per day to do this cut the fat intake down instead of other macros(carbs,pro).BTW it take a deficite of 3500 cals to lose 1 lb of body weight meaning fat or muscle depending on how you do it.If you fast you lose muscle which is why a max of 500 per day is recomemded for natural cutters but the max for juicing is 1000 but the max i reccomend is 700.So the tuna and what ever is not able to be added.
    What the hell are you talking about?

The original poster's diet will NOT get him to 4% bodyfat.

Rugger's revised diet is much better for a cutting goal while retaining mass. It's unlikely he will be able to drastically change his body composition in both ends of the spectrum.

He should be able to cut very well on Rugger's diet without losing mass, and that's most important here.

thanks guys for the help.

my oats i eat are quaker oats, are they any good as they seem to have a lot of fat. ? http://www.quaker.co.uk/ProdQuakerOats.aspx

so can anyone tell me how much of pro/carb/fat i need per day. ie 200/80/50. so i need carbs for nearly every meal like ruggers.

then i can work on it and get shoping. will head for ruggers diet thanks again
    Last edited by daniel_3855; 10-15-2008 at 02:28 AM.

frank12391 is offline Member
    I know it was wrong now but then I was stupid. My first cycle was 400mg eq/week, 400test c/week, var 50mg/daily for 12 weeks and I was not even training, cardio, 18 miles of power walking a week, 50 push ups daily. Tons of green vegeis, plenty of red meat, chicken & fish, 2 slices of wholemeal bread & 1 cup brown rice daily & whey shakes without even measuring. I thought at the time I would try to loose body fat but I was too lazy to do any weights. In 3 months I put on at least 9 pounds and lost 3 inches off my waist line, put on 1/2 inch on my arms, 2 inches on my thighs & 1 inch on my calves?? My upper body changed shape to a nice V & some vascularity. I have kept the muscle but did put back on some b/f. I had managed to keep half of it off but the muscle gains I have not lost? On my second cycle, I worked out & did the same cycle with only half the results?? Dunno? I hope newbs don't try this. "NEWBS", DON"T DO THIS!!

Quote Originally Posted by frank12391 View Post
    I know it was wrong now but then I was stupid. My first cycle was 400mg eq/week, 400test c/week, var 50mg/daily for 12 weeks and I was not even training, cardio, 18 miles of power walking a week, 50 push ups daily. Tons of green vegeis, plenty of red meat, chicken & fish, 2 slices of wholemeal bread & 1 cup brown rice daily & whey shakes without even measuring. I thought at the time I would try to loose body fat but I was too lazy to do any weights. In 3 months I put on at least 9 pounds and lost 3 inches off my waist line, put on 1/2 inch on my arms, 2 inches on my thighs & 1 inch on my calves?? My upper body changed shape to a nice V & some vascularity. I have kept the muscle but did put back on some b/f. I had managed to keep half of it off but the muscle gains I have not lost? On my second cycle, I worked out & did the same cycle with only half the results?? Dunno? I hope newbs don't try this. "NEWBS", DON"T DO THIS!!

might ov been because it was your first cycle? duno

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Dude you weigh 170lbs by my calculations. And eat about 1600 cals?!

You need to eat mate. I reckon you should be looking at P/C/F of approx 250/280/40. This gives 2500 calories. This is a minimum figure you.

Real food rocks, whey protein post workout, other than that there is no substitute for real food. Just be organised, pre cook your chicken and potatoes, eat cold, nice and quick.

bump

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Dude you weigh 170lbs by my calculations. And eat about 1600 cals?!

You need to eat mate. I reckon you should be looking at P/C/F of approx 250/280/40. This gives 2500 calories. This is a minimum figure you.

Real food rocks, whey protein post workout, other than that there is no substitute for real food. Just be organised, pre cook your chicken and potatoes, eat cold, nice and quick.

more carbs then pro?? 280 carbs seems very high?????

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Losing 4% bf on cycle is not that hard, Cardio, diet and dedication is all it takes.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    No not high at all on the carbs front. Don't be scared of carbs.

But you still need to answer 1 question, what are your goals? That will enable a more definitive answer.

helium3 is offline Senior Member

3.00 workout
    pwo whey shake. 40/?/?

total around. 210/80/40

id get another meat meal in there somewhere,try 2 tins of tuna at 11am and a chicken breast at 2pm then you should be ok. i dont see the need for more carbs unless you are doin loads of cardio or have a heavy job. prolly the whole wheat bread should cover any lack of carbs.although having some pre-workout wouldnt hurt.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    what the hell are you talking about?

The original poster's diet will not get him to 4% bodyfat.

Rugger's revised diet is much better for a cutting goal while retaining mass. It's unlikely he will be able to drastically change his body composition in both ends of the spectrum.

He should be able to cut very well on rugger's diet without losing mass, and that's most important here.
    ^^^^agreed!!!

Thread Information