isn't there somethgin about it absorbing better subq

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    hahaha oh man.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    You can if you like, i prefer subQ.

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    Here we go lets settle this

One should always inject hCG subcutaneously. The simplest reason is the comfort of the injection; less trauma to tissues; and decreased risk of infection

Weissman, A., S. Lurie, et al. (1996). "Human chorionic gonadotropin : pharmacokinetics of subcutaneous administration." Gynecol Endocrinol 10(4): 273-6.
    The objective of the present study was to evaluate the pharmacokinetics of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) following different regimens of subcutaneous and intramuscular single-dose administration. Two hypogonadotropic hypogonadal volunteers received hCG injections without prior ovarian stimulation. The regimens included a single dose of 10,000 IU hCG either subcutaneously or intramuscularly, or 5000 IU hCG intramuscularly. Serum beta-hCG concentrations were measured periodically up to 13 days after hCG administration. Each of the three regimens exhibit a similar pharmacokinetic profile and the highest serum beta-hCG concentrations were achieved with a dose of 10,000 IU administered subcutaneously. Seven days after hCG administration beta-hCG was detectable only after subcutaneous or intramuscular administration of 10,000 IU, but not after a single intramuscular injection of 5000 IU. From the preliminary results of the study it is suggested that a single intramuscular dose of 5000 IU hCG might be sufficient to trigger ovulation, but for luteal-phase support a higher dose may be needed. Subcutaneous administration of hCG for the induction of ovulation or luteal-phase support in gonadotropin-induced cycles is feasible and might offer a better tolerance and cost-effectiveness of infertility treatments, leading to their further simplification.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybigguns View Post
    HCG has to be shot subQ not intramuscular
    You started it LOL.

yes and I proved it too
    I guess i shouldn't of said has i should of said should

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybigguns View Post
    yes and I proved it too
    I guess i shouldn't of said has i should of said should
    Did you, lol.

1 Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong and 2 Department of Pharmacology, The University of Hong Kong, China

3 To whom correspondence should be addressed at: Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, 102 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong SAR, China. e-mail: [email protected]

The bioavailability of a drug is affected by its route of administration. Herein, the bioavailability of hCG was compared after intramuscular (i.m.) or subcutaneous (s.c.) injection in obese and non-obese women. METHODS: Twenty four Chinese women, 12 with a body mass index (BMI) ORDER="0">28 kg/m2 and 12 with a BMI of 20–25 kg/m2 were recruited as the obese and non-obese groups respectively. A single hCG injection was given intramuscularly on one occasion, and subcutaneously on a second occasion, separated by 4 weeks. Blood samples were taken at intervals for the pharmacokinetic study of hCG. RESULTS: Examination of the hCG plasma concentration–time curve showed the area under the curve (AUC) and maximum concentration (Cmax) of hCG to be significantly higher after i.m. injection than after s.c. injection in both the obese and non-obese groups. CONCLUSIONS: Intramuscular dosing of hCG provided better bioavailability than s.c. dosing.

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LATS60;442***0
    CONCLUSIONS: Intramuscular dosing of hCG provided better bioavailability than s.c. dosing.
    Thats what I always had previously thought too

Quote Originally Posted by LATS60;442***0
    Did you, lol.

1 Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong and 2 Department of Pharmacology, The University of Hong Kong, China

3 To whom correspondence should be addressed at: Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, 102 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong SAR, China. e-mail: [email protected]

The bioavailability of a drug is affected by its route of administration. Herein, the bioavailability of hCG was compared after intramuscular (i.m.) or subcutaneous (s.c.) injection in obese and non-obese women. METHODS: Twenty four Chinese women, 12 with a body mass index (BMI) ORDER="0">28 kg/m2 and 12 with a BMI of 20–25 kg/m2 were recruited as the obese and non-obese groups respectively. A single hCG injection was given intramuscularly on one occasion, and subcutaneously on a second occasion, separated by 4 weeks. Blood samples were taken at intervals for the pharmacokinetic study of hCG. RESULTS: Examination of the hCG plasma concentration–time curve showed the area under the curve (AUC) and maximum concentration (Cmax) of hCG to be significantly higher after i.m. injection than after s.c. injection in both the obese and non-obese groups. CONCLUSIONS: Intramuscular dosing of hCG provided better bioavailability than s.c. dosing.
    the highest serum beta-hCG concentrations were achieved with a dose of 10,000 IU administered subcutaneously

I would say a test where they are shooting the subject one week subq and the next IM isn't gunna be the best way to compare. And also I do beleive it has a longer active life injected subQ

romo6 is offline Senior Member
    I guess its faster acting IM and more time released sub-q.

From some stuff I seen its way more time released subq. Some stuff was talking like active life IM was 24 hours and subq 64 hours to 5 days

Thread Information