DanMan250 is offline Associate Member

Working muscle after shot

Generally how long do you guys recommend waiting to train a muscle after doing a shot? Like say you shot 200mg test cypionate into your delt is it not a good idea to work shoulders after the shot (same day)? Would doing so result in more muscle soreness from the shot the next day?

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    Some guys like to do it right before the muscle they are working to help work the oil in.

molecule is offline Associate Member
    I dont think its a issue. Infact i would like it just before my workout cause it helps in circulating the juice. I dont know if it really happens but there is no harm in doing so.

DanMan250 is offline Associate Member
    Well the reason I asked is cuz I injected 200mg test cypionate last week which was about 3 hours before I did a shoulder workout and for the next 3 days it felt like my shoulder had been punched. Maybe this is just normal but i thought it could be because I did the shot before the workout.

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DanMan250 View Post
    Well the reason I asked is cuz I injected 200mg test cypionate last week which was about 3 hours before I did a shoulder workout and for the next 3 days it felt like my shoulder had been punched. Maybe this is just normal but i thought it could be because I did the shot before the workout.
    thats what we call virgin muslce... it'll go away, you may have done a bad job of injecting.. this is possible with people who are new at it (i know it was for me)... working out the muslce you shoot is a great idea.. keep it up...

n if you cant deal with the pain, you shouldn't be juicing in the first place

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Some like to work a freshly injected muscle. IMO its a mistake. I've read that you can create trauma to the muscle by working it directly after an injection. This makes sense to me. If I experience any post injection pain, it's usually gone by the next day. I wouldn't want to work out a painful muscle immediately after injecting.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^ you heard wrong, and you shouldn't have any pain immediately after injecting. working the muscle you just jabbed helps flush the area with blood and aids in the dispersal of the steroid , this is general medical advice, thats why any oily solution should be massaged as this also increases blood flow to the area and aids dispersal.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    ^^ you heard wrong, and you shouldn't have any pain immediately after injecting.
    i was thinking the same thing.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I do it same day sometimes never had a problem.

bmit is offline Member
    same day and not a problem. If i wait a day or too later it may be sore and will affect my lifts.

AnimalGear is offline Little Monster in the making
    I love working out the muscles i just inj into, helps the oil get absorbed

seriousmass is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    ^^ you heard wrong, and you shouldn't have any pain immediately after injecting. working the muscle you just jabbed helps flush the area with blood and aids in the dispersal of the steroid, this is general medical advice, thats why any oily solution should be massaged as this also increases blood flow to the area and aids dispersal.
    cool. didn't know that.

time to start working-out the glutes a lot more! haha.

braer4 is offline Associate Member
    ^^same here, good posts, makes sense

curly20 is offline New Member
    I was just about to post this same question, working out the muscle to get more blood in the area and to disperse the oil makes sense. Great info to know

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Lats60 ^^ you heard wrong, and you shouldn't have any pain immediately after injecting. working the muscle you just jabbed helps flush the area with blood and aids in the dispersal of the steroid, this is general medical advice, thats why any oily solution should be massaged as this also increases blood flow to the area and aids dispersal.

I always have some pain after injection regardless of the site. I would call that common and ordinary. While not debilitating, there is a reason for the pain. IM injection always causes some muscle cell damage (necrosis).

Necrosis. Necrosis of the surrounding tissue following IM installation of a medication was not thought to occur unless the patient was allergic to the medication.[1] It has been found that necrosis of the muscle will occur after any IM injection no matter what medication is injected.[4] The only variable is the size of the necrotic lesion and the severity of it. Forceful placement of a volume of fluid into a closed space will cause damage. In other words, the surrounding muscle and tissues in the immediate area of the needle tip are subjected to the pressure of the mass of fluid that has been instilled into the area, which causes pressure necrosis. The toxicity of the medication, the volume injected, and even the speed at which the injection is given also will influence the size of the necrotic lesion.[20]

If you've injected through a vein you can develope a hematoma. Further reason to let the site rest before training.

I inject ED, and schedule my injections so that muscle is not worked directly for days. Why work a sore muscle? Doesnt make sense.

Can you tell me how it can help a freshly injured muscle to put it under the extreme pressure of weight training???
    Last edited by Bossman; 02-27-2009 at 09:42 AM.

Thread Information