Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Robo Boogie is offline New Member

Importance of maintaining stable hormone levels?

I always read about how important it is to maintain stable hormone levels to minimize side effects, but I've never come across an explanation as to why it is the fluctuating level of hormones that causes sides to begin with.

Our natural production of hormones surely fluctuates, and doctors who administer HRT patients enanthate every 2 weeks (or even every month) don't seem to be concerned with trying to keep levels steady.

So why is it always preached on message boards? Is it simply another instance of brotelligence that's been regurgitated a million times without any basis?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    When you use a dose what is going to build muscle and is far more stronger than a HRT dose, sides can occur in some people, with great highs and lows comes issues which we have to deal with, keeping them stable will help with the roller coast ride.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo Boogie View Post
    Our natural production of hormones surely fluctuates, and doctors who administer HRT patients enanthate every 2 weeks (or even every month) don't seem to be concerned with trying to keep levels steady.
    Exactly the answer most ppl give, circadian rhythm i believe, but as said, we are taking whats called supraphysiological doses, totally different, to much fluctuation on serum levels will cause unwanted side effects thats why it's important on a cycle to adminster your doses regularly, that regularity will depend on the active life of the hormone you are using.
    As for the docs and HRT, some of them (the good ones) do realise that even on TRT dose that there comes a point where levels can trough below baseline and so cause mild side effects for a wk before the next injection and those particular docs have changed protocol to injecting less of the hormone more frequently, this certainly isn't "brointeligence" is fundamental endochrinology.

Andro9 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    Exactly the answer most ppl give, circadian rhythm i believe, but as said, we are taking whats called supraphysiological doses, totally different, to much fluctuation on serum levels will cause unwanted side effects thats why it's important on a cycle to adminster your doses regularly, that regularity will depend on the active life of the hormone you are using.
    As for the docs and HRT, some of them (the good ones) do realise that even on TRT dose that there comes a point where levels can trough below baseline and so cause mild side effects for a wk before the next injection and those particular docs have changed protocol to injecting less of the hormone more frequently, this certainly isn't "brointeligence" is fundamental endochrinology.

^^^ excellent post

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    This should start you off. note that this is for androgen replacement therapy (at physiological levels...)

Use, misuse and abuse of androgens
    The Endocrine Society of Australia consensus guidelines for androgen prescribing
    Ann J Conway, David J Handelsman, Douglas W Lording, Bronwyn Stuckey, Jeffrey D Zajac

Lower starting doses may occasionally be needed, especially in previously untreated elderly men and during first induction of puberty. Less frequent dosing intervals (eg, every three weeks) are occasionally necessary for those unable or unwilling to have standard dosage, but are accompanied by more extreme peaks and troughs in blood testosterone levels, which may exaggerate symptom fluctuations.

As the underlying disorders are almost always permanent, life-long ART after the age of puberty is usually necessary. Long term therapeutic compliance depends on an acceptable regimen. Crossover studies indicate that patients strongly prefer the stable testosterone levels and smoother clinical effects provided by implants or transdermal formulations, compared with the wide fluctuations in testosterone levels and symptoms during intramuscular testosterone ester injections. Thus, although ART should commence with injections, alternative modalities (Box 3) may improve compliance. Factors to consider include cost, convenience, availability, familiarity with alternatives, and tolerance for frequent injections.

i could pull up a ton of articles like this but i dont have the time, especially since you question JiGGaMaN's intellect.

Robo Boogie is offline New Member
    When did I question your intellect? Your response was exactly what I was looking for (and I thank you for it).

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo Boogie View Post
    When did I question your intellect? Your response was exactly what I was looking for (and I thank you for it).
    by suggesting that this information is just made up and propagated by members who dont know any better (i am a member). anyway, the best way to do background research on scientific questions like that if you dont have access to journals is using google scholar or google book search with the proper key-wording.

Thread Information