Blackhawk is offline New Member

Heart issues during second test p cycle

Hi all,

Need a bit of advice. 1 week into my second test p cycle @ 75MG EOD. Last night sitting on the couch I feel my heart start pumping as if I was running on the treadmill. I have an irregular heartbeat which was quite noticeable as well, needless to say it freaked me out a bit, so the anxiety probably didn't help the situation.

Now, after my first cycle of test e last year, my BP was quite high around 160-170/80-90. So after my cycle I went to a cardiologist who ran me through numerous ECG, blood tests, kidney test & a heart ultrasound. I'm perfectly fine, but I was diagnosed with hypertension, so I'm on Coversyl Plus forever basically. My BP now hovers around 120-130/70 - which according to the cardiologist is acceptable levels for me.

My BP has remained at those levels during my first week of cycle - I'm not really worried about that. It's more this sudden onset of rapidly beating heart, and because of the recent diagnosis I guess it is freaking me out a little. I want opinions whether this is normal, and if I should stay on my cycle, or drop it?

Stats:

220 lbs
    15%-17% bodyfat
    Lifting for approx 6-7 years.
    Goal for this cycle was a lean bulk.
    I use: Fish oil, multi vitamin & whey. No other supps.

Sorry for the long message, I figured I'd get better answers if everyone has the facts.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    we aren't doctors bro, and you don't want to screw with your heart

go to your doc, tell him you use steroids and get it checked out

Quote Originally Posted by TinyBalls View Post
    see what you've done there bro is stick a sh1t load of chemicals in your bod that aren't supposed to be there and now ur ****ed up
    (damnn I should save that reply to my clipboard for these forums)
    really? test isn't supposed to be there?

and your response is childish at best, i definitely would rethink saving to a clipboard

childish? and yet every doctor in world would agree with me.
    every doctor would agree that he has a heart condition probably centered around hypertension and as most of us are aware, doctors aren't very versed in underground steroid use and as such have very little knowledge of it

i said it was childish as it doesn't really help him, just insinuates that he screwed himself up and said he injected something that shouldn't be there, which isn't true, test is vital in the human body, just the amount we use is higher than our body naturally produces
    Last edited by Phate; 03-14-2009 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks for the response Phate. The cardiologist has run tests on my heart and states that it is fine, he also informed me the irregular heart beat was OK as he monitored it's activity during the ultrasound. My doc said the same thing basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
    Thanks for the response Phate. The cardiologist has run tests on my heart and states that it is fine, he also informed me the irregular heart beat was OK as he monitored it's activity during the ultrasound. My doc said the same thing basically.
    but do they know you cycle? when diagnosing knowledge is paramount, the smallest things can cause problems in some people and AS is not a small thing

you could try going off cycle and pcting, then check and see if the problem persists, if it does then it's more than likely not the AS

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    sorry if i came off harsh, just tired of noobs flaming people for asking questions, which i know see you weren't doing
    you shoulda been harsher, Phate.

he's been bumping every thread tonight saying the same damn thing,

he'll be gone soon hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by derek7m View Post

well in that case.....lol, i'll leave that to you derek, you seem to have a way with criticizing that i can't even dream to copy

btw, nice title bro, i like it

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    but do they know you cycle? when diagnosing knowledge is paramount, the smallest things can cause problems in some people and AS is not a small thing

you could try going off cycle and pcting, then check and see if the problem persists, if it does then it's more than likely not the AS
    Yes, both the doc & cardiologist know I used. Obviously they recommended I don't, and initially they blamed steroids for my high BP. However, after several months off, they knew it was hypertension when my BP was still high.

I've never had this issue before, which is why I think it can only be the AS...or a bad coincidence. I think I'll drop the cycle, I dont want to **** with my heart.

Yes, both the doc & cardiologist know I used. Obviously they recommended I don't, and initially they blamed steroids for my high BP. However, after several months off, they knew it was hypertension when my BP was still high.

I've never had this issue before, which is why I think it can only be the AS...or a bad coincidence. I think I'll drop the cycle, I dont want to **** with my heart.
    i would, your heart is more important than any cycle

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    see what you've done there bro is stick a sh1t load of chemicals in your bod that aren't supposed to be there and now ur ****ed up
    (damnn I should save that reply to my clipboard for these forums)
    WOW !! YOU JUST HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING...

I am no DOC brotha but in my eyes you are fine... it's the anxiety !! I am telling you... I get that all the time. I was diagnosed with hypertension and am on lisinopril for it. You are fine. Nothing bad is going to happen. You wont die. I think you are reading FAR to into it. But if you are worried. STOP. PCT yerself and just be done with AAS altogether. But I personally think you need to stop worrying and just let it be.

**STATEMENT MADE AS MY OWN OPINION. AS STATED I AM NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. SEEK PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE IF NEED BE**

Quote Originally Posted by derek7m View Post

Yah exactly. I HOPE SO... LETS JUST ALL HOPE HE WILL BE GONE REAL SOON. IT REALLY Irritated me to see his POST. Just amazes me how unknowable people can be and make such proclaiming statements. WHEN I say something I say it as MY OPINION (which may not always be correct but i admit that) which everyone is entitled too... but when someone just blatantly blurts out like they KNOW everything it just I dunno makes my skin crawl.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Just a thought, but ACE inhibitors can cause your potassium levels to be too high. This can contribute to an irregular heartbeat. If a diuretic is used, the effect can be magnified. You may want to run this by your cardiologist/primary care physician.
    Not attempting to diagnose, just share from experience.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post

I am no DOC brotha but in my eyes you are fine... it's the anxiety !! I am telling you... I get that all the time. I was diagnosed with hypertension and am on lisinopril for it. You are fine. Nothing bad is going to happen. You wont die. I think you are reading FAR to into it. But if you are worried. STOP. PCT yerself and just be done with AAS altogether. But I personally think you need to stop worrying and just let it be.
    The doc has told me that my anxiety on the situation isn't helping matters, and I need to chill out.

Whats your BP like when you're on a cycle?

swol_je is offline Senior Member
    I have a degree in Exercise Science and specialize in Cardiac Rehab. I'm not that worried about your heart beat, it's your blood pressure, expecially for your age. Do you have a family history of high blood pressure? What about Heart Disease?

There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

The doc has told me that my anxiety on the situation isn't helping matters, and I need to chill out.

Whats your BP like when you're on a cycle?
    145/90 at it's highest... off cycle 115/79 was my lowest reading... usually off cycle just around the 120/80.. normal... ya know....

Honestly whenever my BP goes up even the tinyest bit my ANXIETY goes through the roof and i get mad heart palps and all sorts of weird things like I am dying and I just know better and know its all in my head and just brush it off or munch a diazepam that i am prescribed for such issues... I think you are all set brotha and I wouldnt just be saying that I just know what u are going through... thats all.

**NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL JUST MY OPINION**

No history of family heart problems. I'm not sure how long I have had high BP, the problem came to light after the end of my first cycle. I have been prescribed Amlodipine, Coversyl and now Coversyl Plus by the docs...Amlodipine didn't do much, Coversyl has been the best so far. The docs have said it is within the normal range, 139 being the peak of "normal."

1 question ... have u told ur doc ur using roids?
    didn't think so.

it may be the roids.. don't listen to these idiots they think roids have no real bad side effects
    nice try, but he mentioned earlier he has

thank you for trying though, well on second thought, stop trying, you just look idiotic

1 question ... have u told ur doc ur using roids?
    didn't think so.
    it may be the roids.. don't listen to these idiots they think roids have no real bad side effects
    He has already stated he told his primary care physician and his cardiologist.
    Heart issues during second test p cycle

AG

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Hmm, thats a good point. Coversyl is an ACE inhibitor. I think the Amlodipine - calcium channel blocker - assists with an irregular heartbeat. I might ask the doc for a combination of CCB & ACE.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    145/90 at it's highest... off cycle 115/79 was my lowest reading... usually off cycle just around the 120/80.. normal... ya know....

Honestly whenever my BP goes up even the tinyest bit my ANXIETY goes through the roof and i get mad heart palps and all sorts of weird things like I am dying and I just know better and know its all in my head and just brush it off or munch a diazepam that i am prescribed for such issues... I think you are all set brotha and I wouldnt just be saying that I just know what u are going through... thats all.

**NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL JUST MY OPINION**
    Yeah, this sounds exactly like what is happening to me. Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

maybe that's my goal in life
    obviously

Hmm, thats a good point. Coversyl is an ACE inhibitor. I think the Amlodipine - calcium channel blocker - assists with an irregular heartbeat. I might ask the doc for a combination of CCB & ACE.
    I would at least mention it. They make have a simple suggestion. I am on an angiotensin receptor blocker and a beta-blocker along with a slew of other meds. Sometimes a simple dosage adjustment, med change, or dietary change can make a world of difference.

AG

maybe that's my goal in life
    Got high aspirations for life huh?? It's people like you who make me happy to Support the Second Amendment while I sit waiting patiently behind my doors hoping some idiot will come bursting through my door so I can empty a 30 round clip through their brain to rid the planet of stupid people.... seriously... You know what you are probably like 16... I am done even entertaining you... if it wasn't for the fact I just typed all this out I would delete it so it wouldn't fuel the fire and it would likely be me Manly of me but at this point I don't care...

Thread Information