Thread: Diet Error

Florida_Guy is offline New Member

Diet Error

Hey Everyone...I received excellent advice on this forum so here's another question:

I'm in my first cycle and things are going very, very well; couldn't be more pleased with the results so far. 4th week going into 5th week.

Question - can I diet a bit while I'm on my cycle or should I just suck it up and keep going? Reason - I went from a 35" waist to a 37" from drinking all that protein powder. My diet is solid otherwise but when I tried to increase my calories to 4000, I just added another protein drink; instead of 2 at 300, I was taking 3 in.

My first take is to suck it up and keep going with my gains but I really dislike the waist thing. Good news is my chest/lats are at 50" so I can hide it OK but like everything else, I know it's there.

Thanks

Florida_Guy is offline New Member
    BTW - my weight is a solid 235 now...morning weight and stripped. Thx

HuntMan is offline Associate Member
    what were your beginning stats? age wt ht and BF%?

Dougewesq is offline Junior Member
    I dont like that aspect of it either but it does happen. Keep eating baby!!

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida_Guy View Post
    Hey Everyone...I received excellent advice on this forum so here's another question:

I'm in my first cycle and things are going very, very well; couldn't be more pleased with the results so far. 4th week going into 5th week.

Question - can I diet a bit while I'm on my cycle or should I just suck it up and keep going? Reason - I went from a 35" waist to a 37" from drinking all that protein powder. My diet is solid otherwise but when I tried to increase my calories to 4000, I just added another protein drink; instead of 2 at 300, I was taking 3 in.

My first take is to suck it up and keep going with my gains but I really dislike the waist thing. Good news is my chest/lats are at 50" so I can hide it OK but like everything else, I know it's there.

Thanks

you can post your diet, I have seen your stats in other threads, you can cut your carbs and but I would keep your protein high..you might be experiecing some water bloating..with teh sus 250..

jstraw428 is offline Anabolic Member
    Guys it is a huge misconception that you cannot diet, while still gaining muscle..If you tweak your diet just right, not only can we lose that unsightly belly fat, and other places, but we can also put on a good bit of muscle too...That is basically what i try to do all the time.....I dont like getting fat, then having to do lots of cardio to bring it back(in fact, i dont do 1 minute of cardio in the off season)

Now can we put on the muscle as fast when being super strict with the diet, as when we let ourselves go a bit....and the answer is more than likely NO!!!!!

My second show i prepped for during, i gained 13lbs of muslce, and lost 7.5%bf...yes, impressive i know.....IT CAN BE DONE!!!! DIET IS THE KEY!!!

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw428 View Post
    Guys it is a huge misconception that you cannot diet, while still gaining muscle..If you tweak your diet just right, not only can we lose that unsightly belly fat, and other places, but we can also put on a good bit of muscle too...That is basically what i try to do all the time.....I dont like getting fat, then having to do lots of cardio to bring it back(in fact, i dont do 1 minute of cardio in the off season)

Now can we put on the muscle as fast when being super strict with the diet, as when we let ourselves go a bit....and the answer is more than likely NO!!!!!

My second show i prepped for during, i gained 13lbs of muslce, and lost 7.5%bf...yes, impressive i know.....IT CAN BE DONE!!!! DIET IS THE KEY!!!
    I would love to see the diet you followed that allowed you to gain 13lbs and lose 7.5%BF, list it or PM me if you don't mind. Also, obviously aas was a big part, what did your cycle look like?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    I would love to see the diet you followed that allowed you to gain 13lbs and lose 7.5%BF, list it or PM me if you don't mind. Also, obviously aas was a big part, what did your cycle look like?
    i would like to see it also

Thread Information