gamemania is offline Junior Member

Diet pre and post cycle

I understand the basics of nutrition during cycle. Keep protein intake at
    1.5-2.0g/lb of body weight, high calories, etc. etc.

But how does this change post cycle?...fine during pct u would in fact increase ur food intake even further from when you were on cycle but wat about on completion of your 4 week pct?

my assumption is that you might lower ur protein, and calorie intake down to the levels they were at before cycle simply because without the high testosterone like on cycle all that protein u continue to put in is just not gonna be utilised. id assume ud start to gain a fair bit of fat also by sticking to such a high calorie diet.

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    If you want to continue bulking post cycle your macros may remain identical. Depends on your goals...

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    If you want to continue bulking post cycle your macros may remain identical. Depends on your goals...
    exactly what i was gonna say^^^^

your diet changes to match your goals

gamemania is offline Junior Member
    ok lets say for example that during my cycle i consume a 4000 kcal diet with protein consumption at 1.5g/lb bodyweight. (dont worry about the specifics...im trying to keep this simple)

before cycle, if i ate that much, i would be wasting a lot of protein i.e. a more sensible consumption value would be 1g/lb bodyweight at most (realistically speaking). if i ate that much, i would also be gaining a shit load of fat.

now i have just finished my cycle and pct. hormones are back to normal levels (hopefully). using the above numbers as an example...how much should i eat in terms of protein intake and kcal in order to...

a)maintain my muscle mass
    b)continue to bulk (cleanly)
    c)cut

kifenehma3ak is offline Associate Member
    i dont get the continue to bulk cleany and the cut part...

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by gamemania View Post
    ok lets say for example that during my cycle i consume a 4000 kcal diet with protein consumption at 1.5g/lb bodyweight. (dont worry about the specifics...im trying to keep this simple)

before cycle, if i ate that much, i would be wasting a lot of protein i.e. a more sensible consumption value would be 1g/lb bodyweight at most (realistically speaking). if i ate that much, i would also be gaining a shit load of fat.
    you wouldn't necessary be "wasting" the protein, and if you got fat or not would depend on things like your body type, TDEE, activity levels, etc
    now i have just finished my cycle and pct. hormones are back to normal levels (hopefully). using the above numbers as an example...how much should i eat in terms of protein intake and kcal in order to...

a)maintain my muscle mass
    b)continue to bulk (cleanly)
    c)cut
    These will depend on your TDEE, go to the diet section and we'll help you out

Thread Information