Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    gamemania is offline Junior Member

training on cycle

Most of the stuff ive read so far seems to advocate training each body part once a week resulting in 3-4 training days per week.

Would being on gear make it more advisable to train each body part twice a week and therefore resulting in 5-6 training days per week?

What do you guys think/do?

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    Although while on steroids , the body may recover quicker, you grow when you are at rest and should give your body ample time to rest and recover!
    If you are training hard and Heavy, once per week body parts should be plenty!

kynetguy is offline Senior Member
    I agree with T. A REALLY good work out of each part once a week is plenty. Diet and rest are key for growth.

I like to obliterate a muscle/group once a week. Total failure. Then go home, throw down some good lean protein and let the anabolics and resting do their jobs.

The most I will do is a 3 day regiment 4 days a week. Maintaining the order so that the first day you repeat on the 4th day. This will give you a couple days recover.

Wk1: D1, D2, D3, D1
    Wk2: D2, D3, D1, D2
    Wk3: D3, D1, D2, D3
    Wk4: D1, D2, D3, D1

Rinse and repeat. When I do this I usually make it M, T, Th, Sa because that is what works out best for my schedule. Some people have critiqued me for not have two solid rest days, but while on cycle, remember your recovery is shorter. With good muscle group separation, you are not hitting the same group less than 5 days apart.

dehydromethandrotren is offline Associate Member
    Training frequency depends on your diet, training intensity and split.

Basically, give each BP at least 48 hours of rest indirectly and directly, then pay attention to your body and record your progress. If you are progressing with 3 days rest per BP, then keep it up. If you still are sore after 3-4 days and are not progressing, most likely you need to eat more and/or train less frequently.

Andro9 is offline Member
    i do good going twice a week on each bodypart. although i usually do only 6-8 sets per bodypart per session to keep the volume down and try keeping the number of sets you take to total failure to a minimum, but lift heavy. really works good..for me atleast
    Last edited by Andro9; 04-19-2009 at 11:50 AM.

kifenehma3ak is offline Associate Member
    Heavy!! Intense!! Short!! To the point!!!

NathanSummers is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kifenehma3ak View Post
    Heavy!! Intense!! Short!! To the point!!!
    Dorina Yates? Is that you?

This made me think of a good question but i dont want to hijack this thread so ill start my own...http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...67#post4573167

Thread Information