Vargue is offline New Member

Test E 10 weeks vs 12

I am currently on my first cycle. I am taking Test E at 500mgs per week. I am on my second week and still waiting until week 3-4 for it to kick in. I originally planned to do it for 10 weeks but I was thinking about running it for 12. I know this my depend on the individual taking the test, but is there a distinct advantage to run it for 12 weeks instead of just 10? Assuming ones diet and routine is in check how much more weight can be gained in the final two weeks?

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    You may be waiting 5 weeks for it to kick in.
    I would go with 12 weeks.
    Thats 2 weeks of gains and if everything is in check and its your first cycle those should be 2 weeks of good gains

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    test can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to fully kick in

Welcome to AR

can we get your stats please

24 years old
    5'11
    200 pounds (was 196 a week ago)
    BF% not sure, but definately below 15%

Ive been training since high school. I used to weigh 130 pounds back in grade 10 before I started lifting.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    12 weeks is fine. You will be quite happy with your gains for 1st cycle. Nice to see a starter cycle with just 1 compound, too many beginners trying to stack shit right off the bat.

Do you have PCT lined up so you can keep your gains?

beerpong is offline Associate Member
    What about running 10mg or 50mg tabs of d-bol for weeks 1-4 for a beggining cycle for a kick start?

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    12 weeks is fine. You will be quite happy with your gains for 1st cycle. Nice to see a starter cycle with just 1 compound, too many beginners trying to stack shit right off the bat.

Do you have PCT lined up so you can keep your gains?

Yeah I looked into stacking, but felt it was better to see what I can gain from the test alone instead of spending more money and getting in over my head. I rather see how my body reacts the first time than complicate things. As far as the PCT is concerned I have looked into it, and I have access to clomid and nolva, but I havnt setup anything concrete yet. Any sugestions?

Quote Originally Posted by beerpong View Post
    What about running 10mg or 50mg tabs of d-bol for weeks 1-4 for a beggining cycle for a kick start?
    I thought about that, but I didnt want the bloat from the water retention. I rather just wait for the test to take effect.

Quote Originally Posted by beerpong View Post
    very common, but for a first cycle one might as well just run the test. Tons of positive gains from it and especially going into summer you dont want the bloated look from Dbol .

Ive only done 2 cycles so far and never with a kicker. Waiting the 4-5 weeks doesnt really matter, no rush as you will get a good 8-10 weeks worth of gains during a 12 week cycle plus the 2.5 weeks before starting PCT as the longer esterred test is working out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargue View Post
    I thought about that, but I didnt want the bloat from the water retention. I rather just wait for the test to take effect.
    you beat me to it... good answer

As far as PCT, since it is such a simple cycle just go to the PCT threads and use a common PCT. Start times are listed for each compound. I recommend getting your PCT products as early as possible if not before cycle starts. Seen too many guys get stuck without a source just as they are finished cycling.

Thread Information