GymShorts is offline New Member

First time pin tonight

Was very nervous and shaking more than I'd care to admit. Chose the outside of the quad as I'd somewhere.....wanted to be sure I could see it as I was doing it myself. Applied slow and steady pressure, but then honestly didn't even feel it once it went in, and the injection caused no sensation at all.

I was probably more tense than I should be....everything went great but very soon after, like a huge charlie horse in that area, very sore but mostly like I just got punched really really hard right there and muscle tightness.

Normal?

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    Yeah..... You may be sore for a day or two.... It;s normal if your not used to it.... What size pin did you use?

22 gauge.....it does seem to be easing up a bit in the past few minutes.

The only problem I had at all was a little shaking and tensing up, could feel my muscle tighten around the needle a little and had to let go a bit and take a few breaths. Probably took me two minutes or so to settle down and get it done, injecting slowly once I got started.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GymShorts View Post
    Was very nervous and shaking more than I'd care to admit. Chose the outside of the quad as I'd somewhere.....wanted to be sure I could see it as I was doing it myself. Applied slow and steady pressure, but then honestly didn't even feel it once it went in, and the injection caused no sensation at all.

I was probably more tense than I should be....everything went great but very soon after, like a huge charlie horse in that area, very sore but mostly like I just got punched really really hard right there and muscle tightness.

Normal?
    lol we all been there. Trust me that was the easy part, come back to this thread in two days and tell me how your quad feels.

c-Z
    Yeah... Just take a nice deep breath try to stay calm you don't want to be injecting when your all shaken up and tense and crap.. I know it can be a little nerve racking at first.... But it gets easier as you go.....

c-Z
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    lol we all been there. Trust me that was the easy part, come back to this thread in two days and tell me how your quad feels.
    LMAO yeah I was going to say... it doesn't feel bad now but give it a day... You'll be feeling it haha.

HILLBILLY is offline Associate Member
    Welcome to the dark side, mahahaha.....

-JJ-
    Last edited by HILLBILLY; 05-06-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Lightsout2184 is offline Senior Member
    yeah its nothing all my friends were like this for their first shot

c-Z
    I remember.... My first shot.... my heart was racing... Once it was done... I sat there and was like... WOW did i really just do that.... And felt like a completely different person cause I always said I never would... LMAO.....

Welcome to the dark side is right... HAHA

Never never would be doing this......I know someone who used to say that too....

Thanks for the feedback guys. It feels a lot better, just very tight still. I'm paying more attention to it than I should probably because this is new to me.

jfalco is offline Member
    My first shot was completely the opposite. I really enjoyed it. Couldn't wait for the next one. Something fun about the ritual for me.

Guess I'm a little crazy, but I like needles.

P.S. my first shot was last week so I remember it well.

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    QUAD !!! For ur 1st shot !!! LMFAO !!! Good luck with thatb ro. Something something darkside... something something complete !

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Not sure if I would have chosen quad for your first. Lot's of nerves in there, pretty easy to hit one. The other day I went straight through one and the needle was twitching back and forth like 45 degrees. Needless to say my quad was sore for a few days! That said, quads and delts are my 2 favorite spots. Depending on the grade of your gear, it could hurt, or you could wake up tomorrow and not even notice.

Akrobatik is offline Associate Member
    Just wait till tomorrow and the next day. LOL

aestheticmind is offline Associate Member
    my first shot was 2 days ago, and i did quad. for my first i wanted to be able to see everything i was doing so i wouldnt mess it up. i wanted to get the feel of it...

im not sore at all though. im with jfalco im excited for my 2nd shot tomorrow!

Spartan ^ is offline Associate Member
    I remember my first shot and it was years ago. The second day that muthafuker felt like a mule had kicked me in the quad! I even remember the darkiside thoughts back then. Good luck bro.

LOL yeah....no need to tell me about the pain now! It was feeling OK last evening and things were fine, alarm went off and tried to stand up out of bed...OUCH!! I can take the pain OK but I had a noticeable limp today and everyone at the office asking what happened. Needless to say, I didn't exactly tell the complete truth on that.

Does it get better, or need to find less painful places? I probably went a bit lower than I should have, the pain spread down to my greater quad.

If any pain is due to BA sensitivity, would that be felt right away or gradual like this? I felt nothing at the actual moment.

DKU
    DKU is offline Associate Member
    For some reason you seem to get pain like you were kicked the first few times, then it generally doesn't happen later.

c-Z
    Just do the @$$....... It's so much easier IMO...... My g/f does that shit for me... And even still do it myself sometimes.... It's not that hard.

i'll have to try the rear. Just didn't feel comfortable not being able to see this and i'm keeping the whole thing on the "down low" if you know what I mean, in terms of having a helper. I just wonder though....if my rear had hurt that bad at the office today i wouldn't have been able to sit and had some explaining to do!!

Thread Information