J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

Who says AS does not burn fat?

Directly....no, it does not melt fat away.

Hormones do play a role in how much fat we carry though, or how fast we loose it.

I'll be the first to tell you AS are not magic pills, but to be honest, a lot of times they seem like it.

You still have to watch your diet, you still have to work out.

But if you work on 4/5 days a week, continue to do so, follow your diet (even if it's bad) you will gain muscle AND yes, burn fat.

My last cycle, I actually QUIT doing cardio and lost more fat than when I was natural DOING cardio.

My diet stayed the same.
    Last edited by J-Dogg; 05-23-2009 at 05:53 PM.

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    My ASS burns fat everytime I am in the gym or having sex..... but thanks for the post and title

rofl fixed

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    ^^^ Yeaaaa FAIL.... its still in the title, you can't change that,only MODS can....lolol

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You must be genetically blessed. If I have a bad diet and take steroids , I get fat.

SilverTest is offline Senior Member
    i loose fat always with test as long as the estrogen is kept in balance with testosterone i loose a LOT of fat even if i am bulking or eating like crap.

and ya i am a meso.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i have never lost any noticable amount of fat on any cycle i have ever done. now obviously when im dieting and doing cardio i will lose fat but thats it for me
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    You must be genetically blessed. If I have a bad diet and take steroids, I get fat.
    I have respectable genes for loosing weight, but not so great for putting on muscle.

I eat pretty clean and always right around 3500/4000 calories a day and eat about 8 times, every 2 hours.

I eat like this all the time, every Saturday or Sunday, my meals are preped but I don't always eat the prepped meals, If I don't eat them, I know I have to get 40 to 50 grams of protein ever 2 hours, and about 30 to 60 complex carbs. So if I eat out, or eat any place other than home, I try to stay with in those parameters.

Doing that, following that, I dropped 6% bf with no diet change. I quit doing cardio because I thought I might start to burn muscle, even keeping my heart rate at 140 BPM.

I figure more intense work outs, and my heart rate while I work out stays normally ABOVE 140 for 45 mins to 90 minutes I'm at the gym.

I defiantly lost fat though, most of it when I added T-bol to my cycle for the last 8 weeks.

I've been off for 5 weeks, and I will have to start cardio again soon. The extra muscle is keeping the fat off right now though, so I'm still not doing cardio for fear of metabolizing any muscle, so I just eat the same, lift hard and try to get my regimen changing to maintain the muscle I've put on.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    I have respectable genes for loosing weight, but not so great for putting on muscle.

I eat pretty clean and always right around 3500/4000 calories a day and eat about 8 times, every 2 hours.

I eat like this all the time, every Saturday or Sunday, my meals are preped but I don't always eat the prepped meals, If I don't eat them, I know I have to get 40 to 50 grams of protein ever 2 hours, and about 30 to 60 complex carbs. So if I eat out, or eat any place other than home, I try to stay with in those parameters.

Doing that, following that, I dropped 6% bf with no diet change. I quit doing cardio because I thought I might start to burn muscle, even keeping my heart rate at 140 BPM.

I figure more intense work outs, and my heart rate while I work out stays normally ABOVE 140 for 45 mins to 90 minutes I'm at the gym.

I defiantly lost fat though, most of it when I added T-bol to my cycle for the last 8 weeks.

I've been off for 5 weeks, and I will have to start cardio again soon. The extra muscle is keeping the fat off right now though, so I'm still not doing cardio for fear of metabolizing any muscle, so I just eat the same, lift hard and try to get my regimen changing to maintain the muscle I've put on.
    so what exactly did your cycle look like?

I believe if your diet is trash this won't work. But steroids build muscle, which means more lean body mass, which in turn raises your metabolism.

A lot of people preach diet and say your not eating right if you can't gain or lose weight, which this is true. But there are some people that have extremly fast metabolisms. My roommate weighs 135lbs, he don't work out. I imagine he consumes on average of 4k of calories just from food, that's not counting the extra calories he gets from the 12-24 beers he drinks a day. He always stays the same weight.

This might of went off of the subject a little bit. Sorry about the rant lol.

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    so what exactly did your cycle look like?
    1-14 600mgs EQ
    6-14 250mgs test E
    6-14 50mgs Tbol ED (bumped up to 80mgs the last 4 weeks cause I had extra)
    PCT
    13-16 HCG 300 IU 3 times a week
    16-20 20mgs Nova daily

If anything, i should have GAINED fat cause the EQ actually made me eat more.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Im glad things work that way for you...but to make a blanket statement like this IMO wouldnt be prudent. If some enter into a cycle with this mindset or set of expectations they very well may end up sorely disappointed and very unhappy with the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Im glad things work that way for you...but to make a blanket statement like this IMO wouldnt be prudent. If some enter into a cycle with this mindset or set of expectations they very well may end up sorely disappointed and very unhappy with the outcome.
    Understandable, but just speaking from my experince, I've lost fat with AS.

Tren only did the same thing for me, and Test E only also.

I noticed the most fast loss when I went from 50mgs of tbol to 80mgs.

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MOS View Post
    My ASS burns fat everytime I am in the gym or having sex..... but thanks for the post and title
    Holy shit I just shit myself

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    My last cycle, I actually QUIT doing cardio and lost more fat than when I was natural DOING cardio.
    Its been shown that anaerobic exercise, while using less calories during execution, burns more in total than aerobic exercise b/c of a stronger excess-post exercise oxygen consumption response. just b/c you stopped doing cardio and lost more fat does not prove AAS are fat burners. Even in your opening statement...

Directly....no, it does not melt fat away.
    you say AAS are indirectly involved in fat metobolism. An androgenic environment is more conducive to fat burning but AAS are not fat burners. Its senseless to keep arguing about this.

FAT BURNERS:
    T3
    T4
    Beta-antagoists like Clenbuterol , Albuterol, and Ephedra
    DNP

Diet is key to loosing fat, even more important than exercise IMO.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    If anything, i should have GAINED fat cause the EQ actually made me eat more.
    That is incorrect. An increase in calories does NOT mean an increase in bodyfat. Quite often the opposite happens, as the basal metabolism adjusts.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike View Post
    Its been shown that anaerobic exercise, while using less calories during execution, burns more in total than aerobic exercise b/c of a stronger excess-post exercise oxygen consumption response. just b/c you stopped doing cardio and lost more fat does not prove AAS are fat burners. Even in your opening statement...

you say AAS are indirectly involved in fat metobolism. An androgenic environment is more conducive to fat burning but AAS are not fat burners. Its senseless to keep arguing about this.

FAT BURNERS:
    T3
    T4
    Beta-antagoists like Clenbuterol , Albuterol, and Ephedra
    DNP

Diet is key to loosing fat, even more important than exercise IMO.
    definately agreed.

Thread Information