CMPD213 is offline Associate Member

Adex vs Aromasin

I keep reading posts on other forums of people saying how it's just silly for someone to run adex during a cycle. If you need to use an anti-e you should run aromasin .. Could anyone give some input on this?

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Why?

Whats so different between running Adex rather than Aromasin ?

(i know the differences between the two, i just want to see if you do.)

Everybody will tell you different things. Most people will run Adex on cycle and Aromasin for PCT. They are both AI's, I'm sure someone will come up with a more scientific answer for you.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by jp2007 View Post
    I keep reading posts on other forums of people saying how it's just silly for someone to run adex during a cycle. If you need to use an anti-e you should run aromasin.. Could anyone give some input on this?
    Why would it be silly? It would be my first choice for controlling estrogens during cycle b/c its weaker than letro,aromasin , etc. and I feel the least amount you can get away with the better. your body needs estrogens.

From what i understand adex is much harsher on your lipid profiles and isnt quite as strong.. Adex lowers estro by roughly 50% i think and aromasin lowers it by 85%, although adex does raise your test so does aromasin. Also aromasin can possibly raise your IGF levels... I was just thinking if you have to run an anti-e why wouldn't you use one that is less harsh on the body?

Jumbo18 is offline Associate Member
    Also aromasin can possibly raise your IGF levels
    other way around, it reduces igf levels

Well first off, Adex raises Test in doses of 1mg a day. Which is ridiculous. If you need that much Adex to control estrogen, you should be using Letro.

Secondly, The main reason why we use Adex is exactly what Mike says. We want something that will lower Estrogen to a certain mild degree. Adex gives us that by only inhibiting roughly 50% whereas Aromasin does the same at 85%.

Like i say, Adex for on cycle ERSE control, Aromasin for PCT*

At a dose of about 25mgs/day, Aromasin can raise your testosterone levels by about 60%, and also help out your free to bound testosterone ratio by lowering levels of SHBG, by about 20%.

*(I personally only advocate he use of Aromasin in PCT if an AI has not been used during the duration of your cycle. Read my sticky for clarification.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo18 View Post
    other way around, it reduces igf levels
    Um nope... TS is correct.

from what i understand adex is much harsher on your lipid profiles and isnt quite as strong..

just noticed this. Do you have supporting studies?

Im yet to find any supporting this claim. In fact, from my understanding, it doesnt have an adverse effect on blood lipids

adex lowers estro by roughly 50% i think and aromasin lowers it by 85%, although adex does raise your test so does aromasin. Also aromasin can possibly raise your igf levels... I was just thinking if you have to run an anti-e why wouldn't you use one that is less harsh on the body?
    bolds

Jumbo18 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WARMachine View Post
    Um nope... TS is correct.
    i was reading steroid .com profile for aromasin , it said "It also has, at best no effect on IGF, and at worst could lower"

Anastrozole In several small studies, anastrozole showed no marked effects on lipid profile (Dewar et al, 2000; Kataja et al, 2002; Sawada and Sato, 2003; Wojtacki et al, 2004). Kataja et al, (2002) showed LDL levels fell with both exemestane and anastrozole and triglycerides fell with exemestane, but remained stable with anastrozole. However, anastrozole was associated with a higher incidence of hypercholesterolaemia than tamoxifen in the ATAC study (ATAC Trialists Group, 2002). In the Italian Tamoxifen Arimidex (ITA) trial, patients switching to anastrozole after 2 or more years of tamoxifen were also found to have higher levels of hypercholesterolaemia than those continuing on tamoxifen, 8.1 and 2.7%, respectively (Boccardo et al, 2003). In addition, a recent study of the effect of anastrozole on serum lipid profiles in 38 postmenopausal patients with breast cancer found significant increases in total cholesterol, LDL and HDL cholesterol, apolipoprotein A1, B and lp(a) (Hozumi et al, 2004). Anastrozole was associated with a slightly higher incidence of ischaemic cardiovascular disease than tamoxifen in the ATAC study, but this was not significant (ATAC Trialists Group, 2002).

Interesting... Nice finds.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo18 View Post
    i was reading steroid.com profile for aromasin, it said "It also has, at best no effect on IGF, and at worst could lower"
    The problem is the person who wrote the profile section, Anthony Roberts, can be an idiot. take this for example

Taken from the profile section:

Aromasin:

Additionally Worth noting is that Aromasin may possibly be less harsh on blood lipids (14)than some of the other (similar) compounds Really? Seems like below you cant say any of them hurt lipids we use in the world of bodybuilding or athletics (other AI’s).
    exemestane not only increases testosterone and lowers estrogen, but it also increases IGF levels (11) And a few sentences down......It also has, at best no effect on IGF, and at worst could lower (13) it. AI's are very tricky with regards to inconsistencies in IGF levels.
    Arimidex:

Luckily this stuff is very mild on blood lipids (cholesterol) and doesn’t affect them adversely (2), in the studies I’ve seen.
    This should be the ancillary compound of choice for those on long and heavy cycles, especially since it also doesn’t inhibit igf like some other ancillary compounds Which ones? You couldnt make up your mind weather it helped or hurt with Aromasin
    Letro:

Letrozole 's effects on serum lipids (cholesterol, both HDL and LDL) are, in the words of one researcher: "inconsistent. " Again cant decide if any hurt lipids or not

Thanks for that PLM... Just opening a little discussion is all

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    I will always run Aromasin over Adex during and after a cycle. Research has proven to many benefits to using Aromasin that it would be foolish not to. I haven't used Adex in years. 12.5mg ed of Aromasin is the key for me to combat water and bloat.

Thread Information