sirrah2508 is offline Associate Member

Test taper method of pct?

Been doing a bit of reading on the net about pct protocols and came across this thing called the test taper. I don't particularly believe in it because test like cyp, enth and sus are all self tapering in a sense but just wondering what all you guys thought about the whole thing?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    outdated idea. your natural test production will not restore while there is injected testosterone present, even at the level provided by the lower end of the taper.

Charlie6 is offline Senior Member
    What Big said...don't taper test. Depending on what ester it is, finish cycle at normal steady dosage and begin pct at proper time

goodluck
    C6

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    I always taper and I have never had a problem. I always use propionate and I run my last week at a rediculously low dosage. I will never do it another way again. Just something about running 500+ mgs a week to nothing just seems like a bad idea.

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    Ya know... I was actually thinking about asking someone about this.... Like stated by twist... Going from 500mgs to nothing... I though maybe go from 500 to 250 for a week or two after. Not a good idea though?

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    I always taper and I have never had a problem. I always use propionate and I run my last week at a rediculously low dosage. I will never do it another way again. Just something about running 500+ mgs a week to nothing just seems like a bad idea.
    I don't understand your post. If you always taper then that would indicate you never never cycle without tapering, yet to say you will never again do it another way indicates at some point you did it without tapering. in any event, regardless of how it may seem, tapering is a waste of time.

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by chevrolet02z28 View Post
    Ya know... I was actually thinking about asking someone about this.... Like stated by twist... Going from 500mgs to nothing... I though maybe go from 500 to 250 for a week or two after. Not a good idea though?
    at 250mg/week your natural test production is just as suppressed as it would be at 500mg/week. it's not like part of your natural test production will restore while you are still injecting the test.

c-Z
    AHHHH true.... Cause the moment you shoot your first shot its suppressed right???? Makes sense.... True.... Thanks for clarifying that Big

Big
    you would not be fully shut down from your first shot of test like you could from a 19nor, but upon the first shot the process has started. the average male produces the equivalent of approximately 7mg/day of testosterone , and the body will only produce if it thinks it is needed. if you have injectable test present at any level higher than that then the body will not think it needs to produce any. for the idea of tapering to even work, the taper would have to begin at a level lower than what is produced naturally, but once you are injecting such a tiny amount you might as well stop injecting, let the ester do it's work as the compound begins to leave your system, then jump on pct at the appropriate time.

c-Z
    True. Thanks once again for the input. Definitely makes sense to me....

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    To clarify I will never come off without tapering. I used to and had horrible times coming off. Now it is as smooth as butter. And to touch on what big said I taper down to about 20mgs - 25mgs every other day and my balls get all big again after about three days. Then after a week of 25 or 20 every other day I do 20 then 10 three days later. I keep almost all my gains. This is not my complete method if you are interested I can go into more detail later. I do it this way because I feel that when I am tapering my levels drop below natural levels (for a short time) my body starts the process itself. It is worth noting that I only use propionate and I don't know if the taper is necessary with long esters. I also have bad reactions to Nolvadex so I minimalize it's usage. I would like to hear input. Big?

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    To clarify I will never come off without tapering. I used to and had horrible times coming off. Now it is as smooth as butter. And to touch on what big said I taper down to about 20mgs - 25mgs every other day and my balls get all big again after about three days. Then after a week of 25 or 20 every other day I do 20 then 10 three days later. I keep almost all my gains. This is not my complete method if you are interested I can go into more detail later. I do it this way because I feel that when I am tapering my levels drop below natural levels (for a short time) my body starts the process itself. It is worth noting that I only use propionate and I don't know if the taper is necessary with long esters. I also have bad reactions to Nolvadex so I minimalize it's usage. I would like to hear input. Big?
    my input stands as stated above.
    that being said, everyone is different, do what you feel works best for you.

Thread Information