AJB1975 is offline New Member

Testosterone/Weight Gain/Sperm Count?

Okay guys, I have been diagnosed with "metabolic syndrome" aka fat ass with no test production. My total test was 154! I'm 5'7 and before the test therapy I weighed a fat 190.

My doc put me on 200mg of cypionate every three weeks and in six weeks I have gained 17 lbs that I don't want! I feel better in general but I need to drop 40 lbs. I've been eating clean but could certainly hit the gym more often. I am not concerned with losing lean mass as I have sooo much fat to lose.

I have spent hours and hours researching all of this but have seen so many conflicting opinions. Should I be killing the cardio and maybe 2-3 full body lifting sessions a week? I'm not anywhere close to trying to get "shredded", I just need to lose some serious weight.

One more question, I know that test at cycle levels destroys sperm production, but what about at the low levels I'm on? Thanks for any advice.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i bump the cardio to 5 plus times a week and go find a good diet

Papa Smurf is offline Senior Member
    200 mg every three weeks? The test anit puttin that weight on bro! Too many trips thru the drive thru is were that 17 pounds came from. Total test level was 154? You need a new doctor bro. 200mg per week is the max that Ive seen any legit doctor put someone on.
    My total was at 243 and he started me at 200mg a week.

Too you ? Cardio, cardio, cardio! 2x a day early am empty stomach and then after your workout. 45 min each.
    Diet, diet and more diet. Post up your goals and diet in the diet forum. Those guys are great!

Sperm count? Know idea. Sorry Bro!

I hear you loud and clear. What I failed to mention was that on my second shot I bumped to 600mg because I didn't feel any better after the first three weeks. It was a dumb move but I just don't think 200mg every three weeks is enough for my low levels. My third shot was last Friday and I went back to 200mg because of the sudden weight gain and bloat after the 600mg.

Considering the huge amount of fat I have to lose I know what my diet needs to be as I have gone through the forum start to finish and watched the videos.

I guess my question is how often I should lift. I have limitted time and it seems that with where I need to go the time would be better spent doing cardio. Really though...I guess I'm just venting.

Chev is offline Associate Member
    I would say cardio at least 5 times a week, and lift 3-4 times. Even if you dont go to the gym everytime you can always take the dog for a long walk. Stop eating cheese burgers and pizza, and go to the diet section and read up. At least you know what you want... and that is to be healthier and get in shape. Everytime you get offered junk food think to yourself... this is why im over weight already. m2c good luck bro!

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    yeh bro, 200mg E3W is only 75mg of test per week! Oh and yes any outside test you get is going to shut down your natty test production. you will no doubt be on TRT for the rest of your life! Do cardio 2X a day 5-6 days a week! Once in the am before you eat anything! one at the end of the day! do a type of circuit training routine where you are never resting while you are lifting. This will also keep the heart rate up and thus, help burn fat on top of the cardio! should be easy to lose 20# in the first month! I have dropped much more than that it is all how bad you want it and how much you are willing to work for it!!

200 then 600 then back to 200? Man your blood levels are gonna be all over the place.
    You need to understand something about test. I takes 4 sometimes 5 weeks to begin to feel the results of TRT. You will feel better first, better focus and sense of well being. Sex drive will begin to increase (Mr Happy will be up 10min. before u are)
    Hitting a good workout routine will help with your energy. Start of slow and easy with the machines and free weights. Use good forum and full range of motion.
    Cardio right now is your best friend. Test will not burn fat. It will however help you build more muscle and that in turn will help burn fat

Good luck Bro. Welcome and get that diet in check! You can take back your LIFE!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for the words. I've dedicated myself in the past and had results but when I got my test numbers it was like getting punched in the gut. I know what it takes and I'm getting back into it but I really did feel almost helpless when the total test came back at 154. That number is no doubt related to the fact that I packed on 30 lbs. in three years after getting married. Thanks again guys.

Sorry to bump my own post but I have one more question...well probably more than one... Considering my test levels and the very low level of TRT, I guess I should train and eat like I did pre-testosterone issues? I would imagine (don't get more blood work for 8 weeks) my levels are still in the low end of the scale. The amount I'm prescribed should essentially have no real effect on my weight and probably isn't enough to keep me from going catabolic.

I really just want to feel normal again and I know the dose I'm on is too low but I don't want to screw up my body forever. And Ninesecz, it sure looks like I will be on it forever, thats what kills me. I'd be lying if I said I don't feel like less of a man. BTW, I had a Mastiff for 12 years...he was an amazing creature.

Has anybody been as fat as I am with low levels and had their levels rebound after getting back in shape? I would imagine that as low as I am I'll be stuck on this forever.

Fact of the matter is I'm overthinking this right? Just take what I've been prescribed and haul my ass to the gym 6 days a week like I did when I was 29 and 40 lbs lighter! Thanks for listening and any input is appreciated.

Bro! Do you think that gaining all that weight is what lowered your test levels.
    Just the opposite! Your low test levels, and piss poor diet, and not working out caused the weight gain.

Gettin your test levels up is a great first step ta gettin your life back. My avatar pic in the corner shows me last May 1st before TRT. You can click on my name and check out my album. 13 months of diet, training hard,cardio, and Im finally gettin a base back, and Im 47. Im still miles and miles from were I wanna be, but at least Im on the right road!

YOU CAN DO THIS! Its your life, TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just an update.

I am on 200 mg of test cyp every three weeks as TRT. I just got my results back and I have NO viable sperm. Off to a reproductive endocrinologist....who will no doubt take me off the test and I will no doubt start to feel lousy again.

Thread Information