M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member

Countering Lower Back Pumps?

Has anyone successfully countered the lower back pumps associated with most orals? Doesn't matter what oral I use (d-bol, m-drol, winstrol ) I get these dreaded back pumps. I know that supplementing taurine, potassium, and calcium are said to help this situation, but has anyone had success in curing these pumps with these supplements? Also, my water intake is not of concern because I consistently drink 1-1/2 gallons of water a day.

Also, I have been splitting my oral winstrol dosage of 50mg/day into 20mg at 6am (right after I wakeup) and 30mg at 3 pm (9 hours after the 1st dose, 1 hour before my workout). Is this split ideal (Note: the winny tabs are 10mg each)?

Kansas City Boy is offline Associate Member
    Ive just always accepted the back pumps with any orals I consume. I just figure if I want the jumpstart that bad I should be able to take a little extra pain. Pain is weakness leaving the body

kojak_x is offline Associate Member
    take tuarine, worked wounders for me.

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    What types of back bumps are you talking about exactly? And where?

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    lower back... at wait of your pants up to lower middle back usually... for me i get rid of it by stretching, and cafeine is suposta help

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    Hummm I got this one bump on my lower left side... and IDK what it is..... My girl noticed it when i was stretching and my lower back tightened... its like a little smaller then half a golf ball.... thread HIJACKED

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    c-z have it checked out ... back pump normal is not a bump... is it just pain, almost like cramping just not as bad

roserose is offline Associate Member
    Stretch.

what wont work

cutting the lawn

walking in any long distance

running

any thing it seems like

After about 3 holes on the golf course, My back was so pumped I couldn't stand up straight...

No golf for me until this cycle's over.

Thanks for the help guys...yeah the pain is not horrible, so I have been managing. Like Amcon was saying, the pumps/cramps are hitting me right in my lower back (just above my ass)...heavy squats def intensify these. I always stretch before my workouts but this doesn't alleviate all the pain. Guess I will hit up vit shoppe for some taurine, potassium, and calcium...can you guess think of anything else that will help matters?

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    ive been taking tums and taurine with every dose of my orals

really helps the back pumps. i stand all day at work and the back pumps get insanely painful.

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post

really helps the back pumps. i stand all day at work and the back pumps get insanely painful.
    Thanks for the insight, yeah I have heard that the calcium that tums contains can do the trick. I am def going to pick up some taurine and will see which is cheaper, tums or a calcium supplement.

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    I know this may sound stupid BUT !! What I did to counter my back pumps from certain orals is.. take 1 gram of Taurine, 2 tums, plus my Oral.. and guzzle it with a sugar free RED BULL.. I dont know why I decided to do this but ever since I started doing it exactly like that my BACK PUMPS ceased to exist.. it was the GREATEST thing in my AAS history man.. lol..

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    I get lower back pumps that are WORST than doing a full deadlift workout I honestly could not wait for my oral to run out.

cubnlynx is offline Associate Member
    What's messed up is I get lower back pumps when I'm not taking anything. In the middle of my sets sometimes I have to bend over to stretch my back just to finish my sets. On exercises where you can sit do it. Stretch before during and after your sets it helps me get threw.I am dreading the day I use dbol or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by cubnlynx View Post
    What's messed up is I get lower back pumps when I'm not taking anything. In the middle of my sets sometimes I have to bend over to stretch my back just to finish my sets. On exercises where you can sit do it. Stretch before during and after your sets it helps me get threw.I am dreading the day I use dbol or anything else.

Bro, I had tight hamstrings that would cause that have you tried to stretch the hammies out ED? Could be the prob easy fix too.

The pumps were never in my hams but I'll give it a try thanks bro

Juice Authority is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    Has anyone successfully countered the lower back pumps associated with most orals? Doesn't matter what oral I use (d-bol, m-drol, winstrol ) I get these dreaded back pumps. I know that supplementing taurine, potassium, and calcium are said to help this situation, but has anyone had success in curing these pumps with these supplements? Also, my water intake is not of concern because I consistently drink 1-1/2 gallons of water a day.

Also, I have been splitting my oral winstrol dosage of 50mg/day into 20mg at 6am (right after I wakeup) and 30mg at 3 pm (9 hours after the 1st dose, 1 hour before my workout). Is this split ideal (Note: the winny tabs are 10mg each)?

Apart from adding potassium and taurine and upping your water intake there's not much you can do other than reducing your dose. Back pumps are the result of your liver being stressed. Nothing stresses the liver more than 17aas.

Quote Originally Posted by cubnlynx View Post
    The pumps were never in my hams but I'll give it a try thanks bro
    No, tight hamstrings will cause a tight lower back you will not feel it in the hamstrings at all.

Juice Authority is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gymnerd View Post
    No, tight hamstrings will cause a tight lower back you will not feel it in the hamstrings at all.
    True but I have very flexible hams and I still get massive lower back pumps on dbol and other 17aas (Var to a lesser degree depending on dose). Back pumps are the result of a stressed liver. Tight hams exacerbate the problem but you can be like Gumby and still get lower pumps from dbol and other liver toxic orals.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice Authority View Post
    True but I have very flexible hams and I still get massive lower back pumps on dbol and other 17aas (Var to a lesser degree depending on dose). Back pumps are the result of a stressed liver. Tight hams exacerbate the problem but you can be like Gumby and still get lower pumps from dbol and other liver toxic orals.
    Yeah I get the same thing he was saying that he gets that without any gear at all which made me think of my very tight hamstringsLOL

never had any idea it could be my hams I'm gonna stretch and see what happens thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    I know this may sound stupid BUT !! What I did to counter my back pumps from certain orals is.. take 1 gram of Taurine, 2 tums, plus my Oral.. and guzzle it with a sugar free RED BULL.. I dont know why I decided to do this but ever since I started doing it exactly like that my BACK PUMPS ceased to exist.. it was the GREATEST thing in my AAS history man.. lol..
    that makes since, you are taking taurine and calcium with each dose of your oral + the sugar free red bull contains taurine as well. I will give this a try, just need to make it by the vit shoppe.

Does my splitting up of the 10mg winny pills look good (see my original post)?

Back pumps are the result of your liver being stressed.
    Makes since but I never realized this...good info!

stillandbox is offline Junior Member
    Back pumps are the result of a stressed liver.
    The liver is stressed, but the lower back pain being described sounds like Flank pain (above the hips and below the rib cage on the back, also the pain location had by someone with kidney stones). This would be from the renal system (the kidneys) being stressed while excreting the orals. I know they are metabolized hepatically (in the liver), but they are excreted via the renal system. Anyone have very frothy or bubbly urine while on orals? I know I do, and that is from stress on the kidneys.

---Note: I am a Paramedic not a Doctor, if you need emergency help, see a doctor in an ER, or make an appointment to get your blood levels/urine looked at---
    Last edited by stillandbox; 06-29-2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Quote Originally Posted by stillandbox View Post
    Anyone have very frothy or bubbly urine while on orals? I know I do, and that is from stress on the kidneys.
    Yep, frothy as a bubble bath during my morning piss!

kcwoo is offline New Member
    This is a real problem for me as well I am on winny not oral but I know it is still a 17aas.
    But my low back pain starts out first thing in the morning just getting ready to go to the gym. Picking up a basket of laundry or feeding my dogs. It's really weird and it is really painful. I bought some taurine in pure powder form. I was going to add that to my protein shakes. Does any one know how much to take or at least where to start?? MG is what I mean what is a good MG to start with. I also take milk thistle but that has had no affect on the back cramps. I also am running TA does that cause the back pumps or cramps I am not sure what they are but it is not good. I try and do cardio and it causes a real problem with the back pumps/cramps. I am open to advice and what could I use in place of winny that would not cause the back pain that is just as good.

number28 is offline Associate Member
    Good info above...can someone answer OPs question about winny?
    I have te same question.
    I believe a 12 hour split would be better but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post

I'll try it...I've got anadrol included in this cycle and for the first time I'm experiencing what you guys are talking about. WOW does it suck. After I do GHRs I have to stop moving every few minutes to let the pump/pain subside. It's weird how the pain only hits lower back. I get it a little in my quads when I'm squatting but it's not as bad as it is in the lower back. It's almost untolerable.

Thread Information