shsuguy2010 is offline New Member

beginner in need of advice

hello everybody, i am looking to start using steroids but i am uncertain about all the details. I am currently 22, 6'3" 250 lbs. I will be leaving for the marines in a year and a half and my upper body strength is severly weaker than my lower body. I do not care about how much i weigh, but i do want to cut fat and my main goal is to increase my strength. What would be the best "beginner" cycle and how much to meet my goals. any advice is appreciated

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    Do you know what your bf% is?

no clue

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    6'3 , 250lbs..... hmmm

For your BF% you can look up a basic BMI chart on google and start there, or, if you can get ahold of some calipers, that would give you a more accurate reading.

Or..... you can give us a rough estimate..... what is your waist size? I am going to assume you are prob not ripped right now since you are wanting to cut. So I would say you need a good cutting diet first before you start any cycles.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    post pics up)if comfortable) and some guys on here especially fireguy can tell you roughly your BF%

do you have ab definition

doing the BMI i find that a lot of people dont get accurate measurement cause bodybuilding is a little different

lol, this is gonna sound newbish but why is my BF% so important when it comes to starting a cycle to increase strength. I dont care if i am ever down to 6%BF, i just need to 1. catch my upper body strength up and 2. increase my overall strength.

But since i am probably missing something with bf%, here is the best description i can give:
    I am built like a offensive linemen.
    -barrel chest/broad shoulders
    -some ab definition, relatively flat stomach for size

I ran a quick online guide to measure BF%- I put in my stats, and it then measured my waist and hips- then my forearm and wrist and came up with 11% BF, but idk how accurate that is

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    because the higher your body fat%, the greater your risk of estrogen related sides, blood pressure issues, etc. I'm not sure if you're familiar with gyno (bitch tits), but unless you want to head into the Marines needing a bra, you'll make sure your bf isn't too high. from your description it sounds like yours isn't too bad, but better safe than sorry.

alright well i can still cut some bf% before i start stacking and how well does nolvadex and clomid work to curb estrogen side effects. Also I still have no idea what steroids i should start off with and how much. can anybody give me a good first cycle to start off with that is best fitted for what i am looking for?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    honestly, if you're going in the Marines, you should leave the steroids alone for now.

can always come back to them later.

for now I'd just focus on cardiovascular training, and strength movements that involve moving your own body weight (push-ups, dips, tons of pull ups).

peteroy01 is offline Senior Member
    ^^^+1. been there done that. the best thing you could do to get ready for my beloved USMC is do something like crossfit. cause you dont workout in basic, you get thrashed when you fvck up or the DI just need to kill time. im guessing your 17yro. you've got 1.5yrs to get ready!!!!! how many pull ups can you do now. if you have to, cheat!(that will help you build the muscle to get them clean) and while you're dropping weigh from your running and diet the pullups will come. for me, every 5lbs i lost(BF) i could get 2 more pullups.

if you have any questions about the USMC get pm when you get enough post or go to the AR Lounge

im actually 22 and finishing up my B.S. in criminal justice.

well i was way off. but still go with the above info excluding the age thing. my apologies

so what did you mean by crossfit?

google crossfit. its like the training the dudes from the movie 300 did.

Thread Information