Dumbbell_Blonde is offline Female Member

Question Anabolic Effect of Depo-Provera?

I got on Depo-Provera because it's still effective even when stimulants or other chemicals alter the hepatic processing rate, and it stops the menstrual cycle. Most hormonal birth control methods are rendered less effective when the hepatic system is altered (an important factor to keep in mind). I keep seeing vague references to "anabolic effects" in every pamphlet and article about the drug. I doubt it's much to get excited about, but I keep seeing mentions about it. Has anyone found anything? The medical community at large seems very silent on the details.

Also a note to any girls looking at getting on the shot: I haven't had any problems with weight gain, in fact my cutting/leaning has continued seamlessly since starting it and my water retention has declined. The "weight gain" everyone gets so paranoid about stems from an increase in appetite, NOT a change in metabolism (as the nurse administering the shot explained to me) so if you're already used to training and are familiar with a large appetite it's no big deal. That warning is for really sedentary girls that snack on junk constantly.

TexSavant is offline Associate Member
    well, Depo-Provera is progesterone based, are Nandrolone and the very powerful Trenbolone .

right on, i'll check those out and try to figure out how much progesterone in actually leaking into my system at any given point to compare with an actual cycle of nandrolone or trenbolone ... thanks for the jumping off point!

ironaddict69 is offline Senior Member
    aw dumbell blonde i liked your old avatar more. anyway, tex is right, however you probably wont find any info produced by the medical company on it, because they wont pay for a study that has to do with its anabolic properties.

ironaddict69 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbbell_Blonde
    right on, i'll check those out and try to figure out how much progesterone in actually leaking into my system at any given point to compare with an actual cycle of nandrolone or trenbolone... thanks for the jumping off point!
    well its safe to say that the mg count wont be near a cycle of tren or nandrolone , and those compounds are much more anabolic . The only similarity here is that its a progestin. However you can expect some womanly sides from the progestin, I know a girl who took the same thing, and she increased about 1 cup size. Thats a welcome side effect to many

that would kick some hard core *ss... that's one of the genetic goodies i didn't pick up from either side of my family. any how, i didn't think it would be anywhere near as effective as a cycle, but i was just curious if it even had an impact or if it would cause toxicity in combination with anything i might consider in the future. I'm glad you liked the old one, but I'm a little paranoid about posting my real face here. I'm sure that makes sense.

hmmmm... well depo has about 150 mg of the twenty-some-odd letter compound (fake progesterone) that releases for about 12 weeks... putting it at about 12 mg a week. Hardly the 50 minimum suggested for Deca & co. for women. I doubt it'd even be an issue if I ran a cycle later on while still on it. That answers the question. Thanks guys.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    probably no real anabolic effects. It will send your natural test into the dirt for sure though, it will eliminate the release of gonadotropins very well.

yeah. there's not a lot i can do about the natural production dive at this moment, though. i don't think they do test HRT for women. my doctor would think i'd lost my flippin' mind if i walked in with "hey... i'm on depo and i'm worried about the drop in my test production hurting my lean mass gains, can you hook me up?"

saraskyye is offline New Member

Depo

I hate Depo!! Girls all i can say is beware. I have had a big appetite my whole life. I was a double zero when i got on it, 3 years and 15lbs later I had gone up 3 sizes. and not in an attractive way. Also when i was on it i constantly felt sick especially in the morning, had no desire to have sex and later on down the line the breakthrough bleeding got worse.
    I have now been off birth control for 3 years, my periods and my body is back to normal. Im so much happier.

It took an awesome boyfriend, good training and a some HGH to get all that weight off me that Depo made me gain, I had alot of water on me too.
    Im am now almost back into my abercrombie zero's i wore when i was 17.
    Amazing.....

Thread Information