Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

contesting basic 500mg 12 week for first cycle advice

So i've been on this board for i think almost 3 years. I was one of the guys that got on here, read for a month then posted a thread "what do you think about my first cycle" i was 20, didn't know much and ppl told me so.

To this day i have only taken winny and that was for a comp so it was legit to take it without test, but i had no boners for about 6 weeks LAME.

This board has been great to learn from, as soon as i think i know my way around the aas world another comes up that slapes me in the face. I have been on this board almsot daily for 3 years and still have much to learn. I thank everyone on this board for puttting forth a great effort in educating me and others in how to properly train, eat and use (not abuse) aas.

But to get to my point. Since i've been here the advice has always been 500 mg per week of test e or c for 12 weeks, with a nolva/ clomid pct. This would result in 16 total weeks of off time.

The sticky on top of the forum by ronnie talking about the sling shot training. I want to focus on the part about aas use, not HOW he trains. He states that the most benefitial time during a long ester cycle is between weeks 3-8 or 4-8. This is where you get your most keepable gains. Which makes sense to put on 5-8 pounds of solid lean muscle and try to keep those gains instead of putting on 15 and watching your body go catabolic in pct and loose everything. Plus only doing 8 week cycles allows you to cycle more often too. This also shuts you down for a shorter period of time so wouldn't recovery be easier then too?

Oh and this also brings in the question of 500mg per week. Why not 400 or 300 which people seem to gain fine off of!

I feel like the begininer advice needs to change a bit to an 8 week cycle for 300 to 400 mg.

how does everyone feel?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    There is a general rule to follow when giving advice but knowing your own body how it reacts,responds and grows with the least sides is the key to muscle building,we are all different and we don't all grow the same, so if your a first timer there needs to be a set point to follow.

On a personal note Ive done many kinds of AAS protocols with various dosages and I found which one I am more suited to for me to grow, it was primming my body before a cycle and implementing a burst cycle or short cycle, i seem to respond for the first part of a cycle, no matter what ester what i was using, the first 5 wks were the best, so I created an even more anabolic environment before the cycle with a prime and then i ran a cycle what suited me, i knew what dosages gave me great results and I knew how long i could run it for before sides came creeping in.

For a first time user around the 500mgs mark is the way forward, he doesn't normally need many mgs because if he as built a solid base from yrs of training and the diet is in order, all he needs is enough to push for growth, usually if everything is in order he will be like a dried sponge and grow on very little, there are studies out there what show a minimum of 300mgs is needed for muscle tissue to grow, the reason why its not changed over the yrs is because its a good starting point and if it isn't broke why fix it!

I understand what your saying that each person is different, but why start out at 500 when 300 has been proven to work? Why not advise short, small mg cycles and have people go up from there, instead of starting at 500 then finding out that is too much for them.

Its like skipping the first step and going to the first step assuming you already know.

As far as it being a good starting point and don't fix what ain't broken, that is what i am arguing. There is always break throughs on different steriods and their benefits for each person at different doses.

There is people on here who have said 500 is too much for them and others 500 is not enough.

I just don't believe in a one size fits all kind of advice when we have such a wide variety of bodies.

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chitownhoker View Post
    I understand what your saying that each person is different, but why start out at 500 when 300 has been proven to work? Why not advise short, small mg cycles and have people go up from there, instead of starting at 500 then finding out that is too much for them.

Its like skipping the first step and going to the first step assuming you already know.

As far as it being a good starting point and don't fix what ain't broken, that is what i am arguing. There is always break throughs on different steriods and their benefits for each person at different doses.

There is people on here who have said 500 is too much for them and others 500 is not enough.

I just don't believe in a one size fits all kind of advice when we have such a wide variety of bodies.
    500mg each week @ age 23 is MORE then enough testosterone to facilitate muscle growth bro...

.. Especially if you've never used test in the past. you'll grow like a weed from 400 - 500mg EW.

im only going to take 350, but that exactly what im talking about, why tell everyone 500 when 300-400 wld be plently?????

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by chitownhoker View Post

500mgs is a good starting place to work from, it isnt the minimum what you need to see some muscle growth and it isnt a high dose what could result in sides, its an average amount what works for the majority of people which as been shown over the yrs from bodybuilders who have experiemented with dosages.

Using the minimum what as been shown to tip the balance onto muscle growth (300mgs) is basicly that, the minimum to see SOME growth, normally guys who start cycling want to see more than just a small amount of tissue gain, so 500mgs is a good dose to see decent gains if the diet is in order. If you after small amounts of gains use a smaller dose if that what you want to do, there isnt anything set in stone, 500mgs is a average dose to start from.

Thread Information