the big 1 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Question Ulcerative collitus? Any one heard a good AS for this?

I have a desease named ulcerative collitus, i was wondering if any body hear might have this, or maybe know somthing about using steroids to control it.

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Stats?
    Are you currently having any flare ups?
    What meds are you on? Asacol?
    There are a few of us on here that have U/C, crones...

Blog Entries
    20 yrs old
    193lbs
    15% bf

I took prednisolone 6 months ago to control it, im now on asacol ( 2 tabs 3 x a day) 800mg
    So do you have colitus or crohns mate?
    Im not flaring up, but on occasion i get a bit loose from time to time, you know what i mean...

Blog Entries
    I would have no interest in steroids if i didnt have to take them.

I have this theory in which i think AS will help my condition like the doctors meds do, am i wrong?

Blog Entries
    Rana? any info mate?

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries
    Prednisone, as you know, is alot different than AAS.

I have chrones, and I get the occasional "flares".

(that's what I been dealing with this past 2 wks).

I have great cycles with it, and I do share your ideas on it.

But, since there is no medical studies on it that I can find, I can't tell members that this is the norm.

I would not cycle while on prednisone.

Best

T

Blog Entries
    Thanks T, its good to meet someone who shares this annoying ilness.

Do you know if prednisolone shuts down hpta or aromatizes or anything?

Im gonna do some research to see if anabolics can help with flare ups, if it appears they do, im gonna administer with them next time i flair, rather than put shity preds in my system which i believe make you fat.

So, do you find AS help control flares?
    Last edited by the big 1; 10-18-2009 at 05:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the big 1 View Post
    20 yrs old
    193lbs
    15% bf

I took prednisolone 6 months ago to control it, im now on asacol ( 2 tabs 3 x a day) 800mg
    So do you have colitus or crohns mate?
    Im not flaring up, but on occasion i get a bit loose from time to time, you know what i mean...
    You have a couple issues to deal with, first you're still too young to mess with AAS. Second it sounds like you have only had U/C for a short time. I have had U/C for about 7-8 years (dont recall the exact date).

Have you figured out how severe your U/C is? Do you get flare ups from foods, stress or both? Foods do not effect me, I can eat what ever I want. I was stress that screwed me up, I had to remove myself from that enviroment.

I would say try to figure out what the cause of it is and if you are able to control it. I took asacol for a couple of years and then stopped to see how I would react, I had a flare up with in a month. So I took asacol again for another couple of years and removed myself from that stressful enviroment and within the first year of remove myself from the stress I stopped taking asacol and I have not had a flare up in years. I have not taken asacol in 3 years.

I hope this helps, if you have any questions dont hesitate in contacting me.

BTW Prednisone is not an AAS like the ones we like, it's made to break down your immune system because your colon is fighting some sort of infection. Prednisone sucks big time!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RANA View Post
    You have a couple issues to deal with, first you're still too young to mess with AAS. Second it sounds like you have only had U/C for a short time. I have had U/C for about 7-8 years (dont recall the exact date).

Have you figured out how severe your U/C is? Do you get flare ups from foods, stress or both? Foods do not effect me, I can eat what ever I want. I was stress that screwed me up, I had to remove myself from that enviroment.

I would say try to figure out what the cause of it is and if you are able to control it. I took asacol for a couple of years and then stopped to see how I would react, I had a flare up with in a month. So I took asacol again for another couple of years and removed myself from that stressful enviroment and within the first year of remove myself from the stress I stopped taking asacol and I have not had a flare up in years. I have not taken asacol in 3 years.

I hope this helps, if you have any questions dont hesitate in contacting me.

BTW Prednisone is not an AAS like the ones we like, it's made to break down your immune system because your colon is fighting some sort of infection. Prednisone sucks big time!!!
    Yeah i no mate, preds are crap! I was just thinking of taking AS instead of the preds if i ever flare again, but i suppose it wouldnt work hey?

I think mine was also due to stress, im in the army, so i have to deal with some mega assholes on a daily basis. I also think the excessive amounts of running over the years has broken my immunity down some what, 30 miles of running a week was not uncommon for me.

Any way, i was just wondering if preds or docs meds for collitus shut down hpta or have estrogen rellated sides like AS, coz if they do, why not take AS instead?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the big 1 View Post
    Yeah i no mate, preds are crap! I was just thinking of taking AS instead of the preds if i ever flare again, but i suppose it wouldnt work hey?

I think mine was also due to stress, im in the army, so i have to deal with some mega assholes on a daily basis. I also think the excessive amounts of running over the years has broken my immunity down some what, 30 miles of running a week was not uncommon for me.

Any way, i was just wondering if preds or docs meds for collitus shut down hpta or have estrogen rellated sides like AS, coz if they do, why not take AS instead?
    I dont think you have a weak immune system, the reason I say this is because i had a strong immune system and it was fight a bacteria which causes the imflamation of the colon. I also ran 30 per week at one time.

"Many theories exist about what causes ulcerative colitis. People with ulcerative colitis have abnormalities of the immune system, but doctors do not know whether these abnormalities are a cause or a result of the disease. The body’s immune system is believed to react abnormally to the bacteria in the digestive tract."

Thread Information