jlbspd is offline Junior Member

Question Finasteride & Its Side Affects

I see that most companies offering Finasteride as a hair loss preventative states only a extremely small percentage of men using it will experience sexual side effects. I want to say they are claiming like less than 5% will have this issue. What has been the experience of this board with using 1mg Fina a day while on cycle?
    I started doing 500mg Test E split, 30mg Dbol ed thru wk 4, milk thistle ed, 1mg Fina ed...only been one week so far on this cycle...nolva and L-dex on hand if needed.
    I read alot about people saying Fina 1mg will have bad neg effects sexually....any experience on this guys?

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    IF you are using 500mgs of Test you shouldn't have any sexual side effects man. Usually it is related to libido and/or ED. Then again you are introducing an extemely high amount of exogenous test so you should be ok.

Thanks Prada, Ya im not concerned about the Test E as ive heard many have a increase in sex drive while on Test, its the fact im introducing the Finasteride to prevent hair loss. Libido/ED are said to be affected by Fin, so if thats so, how many guys here have had issues with Fin & been able to isolate libido/ED issues to Fin use? If a decrease in libido/ED is found, any measures that can be done to help prevent lib/ed and still protect the hair you have?

sitries is offline Associate Member
    if.ur.concerned.about.hairloss.stay.away.from.dbol !!!!!

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i know a few people that use it to help pass drug tests for steroids

Well Dbol at .25mg ed, im using to kick start the cycle 1st 4 wks... my theory is and correct me if im wrong...this being my 1st cycle and having a high hair line in the temple area only, i was planning on taking Finasteride thru my PCT, maybe a while past that to counter act the effects of the Test & Dbol. Then ill come off the Fin and go back to my nornal hair rate. I dont mind if i lose hair at my natural rate, i just dont want to accel it. Im just wondering the chances i will end up with ED/Libido issues based off others experience..wont make the Miss's too happy HAHA! or me for that matter!!!!

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jlbspd View Post
    Thanks Prada, Ya im not concerned about the Test E as ive heard many have a increase in sex drive while on Test, its the fact im introducing the Finasteride to prevent hair loss. Libido/ED are said to be affected by Fin, so if thats so, how many guys here have had issues with Fin & been able to isolate libido/ED issues to Fin use? If a decrease in libido/ED is found, any measures that can be done to help prevent lib/ed and still protect the hair you have?
    The only other option is using a topical, which is not as effective however. The best is to try it there is no harm in it since the sides will go away once you quit the medication. Others have been very satisfied with 0.5mgs/day or even 0.25/day. So you can explore with what works best

swol_je is offline Senior Member
    Ive been using a generic finastride for about a year with no type of anabolics and still wake up every day with a hard on. and prolly twice during the night with wood. the only thing I have noticed is that I have a little gyno from a past cycle and it hasnt gotten any better even after letro. but which would you rather have hair or a little fat in the bottom of your chest. thats why I only do inclines.

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    been using it for six months and have not noticed any differnce in sex drive. I was worried at first like yourself but now i feel the "sexual side effects" are a bit exagerated. although it is a real possibility.

fedorrulz is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jlbspd View Post
    I see that most companies offering Finasteride as a hair loss preventative states only a extremely small percentage of men using it will experience sexual side effects. I want to say they are claiming like less than 5% will have this issue. What has been the experience of this board with using 1mg Fina a day while on cycle?
    I started doing 500mg Test E split, 30mg Dbol ed thru wk 4, milk thistle ed, 1mg Fina ed...only been one week so far on this cycle...nolva and L-dex on hand if needed.
    I read alot about people saying Fina 1mg will have bad neg effects sexually....any experience on this guys?

The 5% sexual side effect stat is way too low. 1mg a day of fin killed my libido. Take REAL fin and you won't be getting morning wood anymore. For many people, the interest in sex is gone. The ability to get an erection is very limited. You have been warned.
    Last edited by fedorrulz; 05-09-2008 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sitries View Post
    if.ur.concerned.about.hairloss.stay.away.from.dbol !!!!!
    Indeed. Stay away from all roids but tbol and possibly var if you are worried about hairloss and have MPB.

Fin will do nothing for dbol .

Quote Originally Posted by swol_je View Post
    Ive been using a generic finastride for about a year with no type of anabolics and still wake up every day with a hard on. and prolly twice during the night with wood. the only thing I have noticed is that I have a little gyno from a past cycle and it hasnt gotten any better even after letro. but which would you rather have hair or a little fat in the bottom of your chest. thats why I only do inclines.
    Sounds like your fin has been faked.

chiller20 is offline New Member
    fedorulz tell me what you did to recover from fin,
    ive been going through hell,
    ok heres the story i took propecia(finasteride) for 3 days, on the 2nd day i felt testicle pain. i quit fin after 3rd day and continued to experience testicle pain for a week,after this for two months i felt pressure in my testicles and my dick went numb and testicles hung very low..now its 6 months later and im having good days where my dick could get hard but not like it used to be, and bad days where my dick is completely numb. i also feel no sensitivity in my dick and my testicles i think are back to normal,but my nipples got much bigger..i currently been taking a multi vitamin with zinc, cranberry extract(for prostate) butchers broom, grapeseed, horse chestnut, eleuthero. and thinking about taking on my bad days horny goat weed or tribulus which my trainer recommended.....
    my questions are 1. what did finasteride do to my body according to the sides im telling you? 2.what can i do to recover?(my sides are very similar to coming off steroid sides ,hcg clomid therapy?) 3. is it better to wait it out or better to take action?

p.s. finasteride is similar to saw palmetto but stronger

Thread Information