Monster87 is offline Member

Possible to salvage bad gear?

Hey guys. Started my prop/eq/var cutting cycle two days ago, and it's been a very shitty beginning... I woke up this morning and the shoulder I shot the eq into is swollen, I'm sweating like crazy and I have a fever! Since I was cautious in sanitizing everything, I believe the cause for the infection is contaminated gear (the source I used has a reputation for poor sterility). I know I should probly just throw it out, but the thought of dispatching 20ml of eq is very unsettling!!! Any of you experts out there know of a way I could salvage this!?!

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster87 View Post
    Hey guys. Started my prop/eq/var cutting cycle two days ago, and it's been a very shitty beginning... I woke up this morning and the shoulder I shot the eq into is swollen, I'm sweating like crazy and I have a fever! Since I was cautious in sanitizing everything, I believe the cause for the infection is contaminated gear (the source I used has a reputation for poor sterility). I know I should probly just throw it out, but the thought of dispatching 20ml of eq is very unsettling!!! Any of you experts out there know of a way I could salvage this!?!
    I would throw it out bro, hell i'd send you 20mL of Eq if i had it, gear is cheap compared to your health

if you are deadset on saving it though then refiltering it into another sterile bottle with a watman filter and tyndalizing it is the best way(assuming you don't have sterilizing equipment at your house), but to do that you need to order a watman filter, needles and syringes for transfer, a sterile bottle, and shipping

Monster87 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    I would throw it out bro, hell i'd send you 20mL of Eq if i had it, gear is cheap compared to your health

if you are deadset on saving it though then refiltering it into another sterile bottle with a watman filter and tyndalizing it is the best way(assuming you don't have sterilizing equipment at your house), but to do that you need to order a watman filter, needles and syringes for transfer, a sterile bottle, and shipping
    Thanks bro! It was time to hit up AR-R for some clen anyways

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster87 View Post
    Thanks bro! It was time to hit up AR-R for some clen anyways
    If you're going to try to clean it, use a 0.22 PVDF or Nylon Filter, not a PES filter

Thread Information