BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi

Glyceryl Trinitrate

Used in Italy by pro BB (but not only) like 20/25 years ago, glyceryl trinitrate was administered (mostly sublingual) to improve vasodilatation.

I was wondering if the same thing applied also abroad.

Anyone experienced that compound or know someone who did?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Is it the same thing as glycerin/glycerol? If so, it is actually in a couple OTC products, namely Controlled Labs Clycergrow. You can also buy the stuff in bulk as a liquid and add an ounce to a gallon of water that you drink intra-workout.

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Is it the same thing as glycerin/glycerol? If so, it is actually in a couple OTC products, namely Controlled Labs Clycergrow. You can also buy the stuff in bulk as a liquid and add an ounce to a gallon of water that you drink intra-workout.
    No it is not.

Glyceryl trinitrate may refer to:

1. Glyceryl trinitrate (pharmacology), drug
    2. Nitroglycerin, explosive

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    No it is not.

Glyceryl trinitrate may refer to:

1. Glyceryl trinitrate (pharmacology), drug
    2. Nitroglycerin, explosive
    Oh ok. I've never heard of bodybuilders using it, though I can see why it would be beneficial. It is most commonly used as first aid for people prone to heart attacks.

BJJ
    bump

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes its medically used as a vasodialator in the medical community and yes it does it's job fairly well, but that stuff is sheer poison man. I've head friends use the topical cream form for transdermal application and the patches as well, and it does work if your BF is waaay low. But honestly it has some bad side effects, the one greatest one would be the immense headache that is commonly received. Over prolonged use it renders the person less sensitive to nitrogen and hence NO, or nitric oxide, which as an extremely important vasodialtor and nerve stimulator, amongst other things. Probably the worst thing would be its increase of neurohormonal activity, which in tern forces the body to produce more vasoconstrictors.... thats is what you DO NOT want! this leads to inability for your muscle to shuffle waste away, espesh nitric acid after your workout, increased sweating and hyper-insomnia.

Leave this drug for those who really need it, and save your body the trouble.

Just get some EQ,

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Rose View Post
    Yes its medically used as a vasodialator in the medical community and yes it does it's job fairly well, but that stuff is sheer poison man. I've head friends use the topical cream form for transdermal application and the patches as well, and it does work if your BF is waaay low. But honestly it has some bad side effects, the one greatest one would be the immense headache that is commonly received. Over prolonged use it renders the person less sensitive to nitrogen and hence NO, or nitric oxide, which as an extremely important vasodialtor and nerve stimulator, amongst other things. Probably the worst thing would be its increase of neurohormonal activity, which in tern forces the body to produce more vasoconstrictors.... thats is what you DO NOT want! this leads to inability for your muscle to shuffle waste away, espesh nitric acid after your workout, increased sweating and hyper-insomnia.

Leave this drug for those who really need it, and save your body the trouble.

Just get some EQ,
    I never meant to use it really.
    In any case, thank you for your respose.

For those one off things, if you wanna show off to a girl or a group of guys at the gym, by all means take some, it wont cause you any harm my man and it will give you some nice veins and GREAT pumps as all that blood engorges your muscles. it will look like you just did a gym sesh. BUT keep it to casual uses, no daily application or so on.

and your all sweet
    Last edited by Mr.Rose; 02-01-2010 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Spelling. I cant spell for crap. FML

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Rose View Post
    For those one off things, if you wanna show off to a girl or a group of guys at the gym, by all means take some, it wont cause you any harm my man and it will give you some nice veins and GREAT pumps as all that blood engorges your muscles. it will look like you just did a gym sesh. BUT keep it to casual uses, no daily application or so on.

and your all sweet
    Understood

Thread Information