Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    kkelis2784 is offline New Member

Workouts while Bulking help

Firstly i wanna say that this forums rocks ... I spent the last few months reading everything and zee knowledge went through the roof ! Thanks .

I wanna ask about "how somone should workout " for a bulking cycle(or just for bulk). I feel i already know what makes me feel good in the gym and what i should be doing but one day i decided to randomly search for it in the net and see what other people got to suggest and now im lost

How many days should i be working out when bulking ? How long should i be doing cardio ? Reps ?

Dont know if i should just go with my gut and do what feels best but i do prefer something more solid then that

I was told to work out hard every single day if i can .... Also been told to work out 3 times a week(every other day for rest)........ 2 hours ... 1.5 hours ... 1 hour ...!!! THERE DRIVING ME NUTS

Would also mention that i seached for about 1.5 hours now for something regarding this topic... so unless im going blind ... i missed it ! and i apologize if i did !

Thanks in advance !

Questions sound a bit newbish but there questions i never really did find a solid answer to ... When i ask about Cardio i got answers like ..... Ull lose muscle gains.... Only twice a week for 30 mins ..... dont do any at all ..... Do as much as u want it doesnt make a difference.

Which doesnt lead u anywhere at the end of the day ....

I've got a clean diet now for a few months ... High protein low carb .
    and i want to lose 4% BF while bulking ... so dont want both to interfere if ur understanding me

sorry for any confusion !

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    You'll have a hard time gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously. You can clean bulk which basically means gaining as little fat as possible along with muscle. But, you need to be in a calorie surplus to gain muscle, while in a calorie deficit to lose fat.

Are you natural? How long have you been training? What does your current workout look like?

Stats?
    current bf%

Well, the best section for this would be the workout section of the forum, but to give you some more "not solid answers" here we go.

1. There is no set way to workout for any one goal (bulk/cut) as everyone is different and some people gain mass at 15 reps? While others like myself will grow in size and strength from closer to 5 rep ranges.

Diet is the most important part of the bulk/cut. Workouts only change a little in rep ranges and then of course cardio will go up to almost everyday (if cutting).

Bulking & cardio- i would say that if you are still trying to lose bf% while bulking you will need to do cardio at least 3 times a week (maybe post workout/ or off days) maybe try fast paced walking compared to running. (some say that running will cause upper body lean mass loss from the bouncing of muscles) or bike.

Workout time- people will never agree on this as some people rest more between sets, and some people don't tire as easlily. I myself try to finish my workout in an hour as some studies show (while not on cycle) the average male's testosterone peaks for right around an hour. Now again this isn't always the case but i feel its close with myself. This is not including cardio afterwards. I can't say what reps you should do for gaining lean mass at this time because it will usually depend on what you have been doing as of late and the body has began to compensate for the lifts. (personally i like to do my work sets/max sets to fatigue from 3-6 reps, as for me this gets the deep tissue and causes nice size gains while still getting the strength)

*always squat. If you can't squat due to injury then do leg presses all the way to the chest. Squats is hands down the best lift for the body as it causes almost every muscle to work even if its just tensing up*

anyways i hope this helped a little as to what some people prefer. I know its not what you wanted as a crystal clear guide line but that's because there isn't one. Everyone is different and if you get everyone on a page to argue you would be even more upset with the outcome lol. But post your workout in the workout section & your exact diet in the diet forum and they can critique both and have you on your way to a lean bulk no problem

best of luck bro,

"dirty d"

Thats exactly what i ve been wanting to hear mate thanks alot . People were trying to tell me what to do instead of just guiding me .

@ cgb6810

im natural yes started my cycle a few days ago for bulking.
    I have been training for 4 years now and my workouts are 3 days a week .. every other day usually doing 3-4 sets / 5-6 reps and feels great ( was just wondering for other opinions)

im 25 years old 200lbs and 1'80 m height 16% bf (wanna drop it down to 12%)
    Ive been on a clean diet for a few months now (4-5) eating 6 meals a day with very high protein and low carbs.

Thread Information