bigken_scotland is offline New Member

First Time Cycle for Strongman

Alright guys,

First off little bit of background about myself; 21 years old (22 at end of may), weight around 300lbs and been competing in strongman for 4 years.

Never used AAS before and am thinking of using a 10 or 12week cycle from mid june to prep for a few bigger comps.

Thinking about longevity in the sport and with thought about starting out with relatively weaker meds and low dosages I'm thinking of either:

12 weeks of equipoise at 400mg/week

OR

10 weeks of test cyp at 250mg/week

standard nolvadex pct after each of the above.

what are peoples thoughts on these two possibilities?

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    I think you are to young, especially if you are thinking about longevity!!! If you are competing in strong man comps then you obviously have great genetics, chemistry to grow naturally. Why mess up a good thing???? Reach your natural potential first..

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    i competed in plifting from 18 and kept making gains right up till my early 30's so as tboney says, wait until your older

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigken_scotland View Post
    Alright guys,

First off little bit of background about myself; 21 years old (22 at end of may), weight around 300lbs and been competing in strongman for 4 years.

Never used AAS before and am thinking of using a 10 or 12week cycle from mid june to prep for a few bigger comps.

Thinking about longevity in the sport and with thought about starting out with relatively weaker meds and low dosages I'm thinking of either:

12 weeks of equipoise at 400mg/week

OR

10 weeks of test cyp at 250mg/week

standard nolvadex pct after each of the above.

what are peoples thoughts on these two possibilities?

guess it would have to depend on exactly what your goals are for strongman and what level your competing at.

TBH didn't expect anyone saying I was too young.

Right now competing at top Scottish level, qualified for UKs twice. Competed in 08 but got injured then wasn't able to compete due to my father passing away last year.

Goal is to reach WSM by 2015 and eventually reach top 10 at WSM, but the ultimate goal would be top 3 at WSM.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    sorry for your loss. if you know your dedicated to competing indefinately and are fully aware of the implications of using steroids then research and make the decision.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^ yup,,
    im sure there are several top competing strongmen on here that could give advise. I dont advocate AAS use at your young age, however at 22 it may be worth it in your case.

I've done a good bit of research and I was looking at a test e or test cyp cycle, low dose of 250mg/week in either 1 or 2 jabs over the 10weeks. Nolva on hand incase of gyno and standard nolva pct.

I spoke to a few other guys; one recently retired from strongman and also one who is currently competing at WSM level and they gave me the advise of equipoise as it's a 'weaker' med, still good for strength, but doesn't add weight very quickly and upon looking into this further it does seem like a good choice, but alot of people advocate stacking it with test to avoid the same 'limp dick' that can come from deca so was looking for some further advice.

I've been competing in strongman since I was 17, have reached a very good level without any assistance and am actually going to the World Amateur Championships in March, and am not using any AAS to prep for this.

I believe that adding even a very low dose is going to push me up to another level and help me progress; I'm already disadvantaged as at the moment as I don't use whereas everyone else does, but I still perform better than most.

I just see it as the next step, I'm consistantly placing top 3 in competitions and now qualifying for national level competitions and I want to be doing proper internationals in a few years so it will be a step that needs to be taken eventually.

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    Here's THE DEUCE'S THOUGHTS...

Ok, yes you are young but you have goals.. you also if you know the implications of doing these things early and know of the possible consequences then understand that some are irreversible ..

That being said.. I am know I will get flack for it but to be honest, I don't care.

To be a top level professional in any SPORT where size and strength are needed.. then AAS are a tool that must be utilized.. to say that any of the top professionals today WAITED until they were 25 or older to use AAS is completely ridiculous to think that.. you can almost be re-assured that Mariusz Pudz took his first shot well before his 21st B-DAY.. or that Jay Cutler, Branch Warren, Ronnie Coleman, or hell even KEVIN NEE did AAS very early in their training/career... WHY.. because they knew to be a PROFESSIONAL they needed AAS to get there. Thee isn't any human on this planet that can achieve the Muscle Mass or Strength required to get that Muscle Mass .. NATURALLY !!

As far as your cycles.. for what you are looking to get out of them.. no.. too weak.. 250mgs of Test is just useless.. that's just a waste and probably end up doing more harm than good because you are hitting your endocrine system at such a young age with such a minute amount that IMHO will not yield the results you are looking for.

IF you decide to go this route without continuing to train naturally, I would tell you what I would tell any NEW AAS user to do.. 500mgs-750mgs of Test E or C per week for 12 weeks, with a kickstart of DBOL at 40-50mgs per day for the first 4 weeks, having all your ancillaries on hand as well as a well planned and thought out PCT BEFORE YOUR FIRST STICK!!

To win bro, you have to go big... sorry to say and people can disagree with me all you want.. bottom line. You are going to NEED Anabolic /Androgenic Steroids to place in the top 10 of WSM... Hell to even get to the WSM you will need them. Not one single NATTY WSM CONTESTANT...

The question you should ask yourself. DOES THIS MEAN ENOUGH TO YOU TO POSSIBLY SHUT DOWN YOUR HPTA FOREVER AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE ?? If you answer YES, then know what you are getting into, know the side effects, know the consequences...

Other than that.. TRAIN HARD, LIFT HEAVY, GO INJURY FREE, And GOOD LUCK BRO !!

darkcrayz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    Here's THE DEUCE'S THOUGHTS...

Ok, yes you are young but you have goals.. you also if you know the implications of doing these things early and know of the possible consequences then understand that some are irreversible ..

That being said.. I am know I will get flack for it but to be honest, I don't care.

To be a top level professional in any SPORT where size and strength are needed.. then AAS are a tool that must be utilized.. to say that any of the top professionals today WAITED until they were 25 or older to use AAS is completely ridiculous to think that.. you can almost be re-assured that Mariusz Pudz took his first shot well before his 21st B-DAY.. or that Jay Cutler, Branch Warren, Ronnie Coleman, or hell even KEVIN NEE did AAS very early in their training/career... WHY.. because they knew to be a PROFESSIONAL they needed AAS to get there. Thee isn't any human on this planet that can achieve the Muscle Mass or Strength required to get that Muscle Mass .. NATURALLY !!

As far as your cycles.. for what you are looking to get out of them.. no.. too weak.. 250mgs of Test is just useless.. that's just a waste and probably end up doing more harm than good because you are hitting your endocrine system at such a young age with such a minute amount that IMHO will not yield the results you are looking for.

IF you decide to go this route without continuing to train naturally, I would tell you what I would tell any NEW AAS user to do.. 500mgs-750mgs of Test E or C per week for 12 weeks, with a kickstart of DBOL at 40-50mgs per day for the first 4 weeks, having all your ancillaries on hand as well as a well planned and thought out PCT BEFORE YOUR FIRST STICK!!

To win bro, you have to go big... sorry to say and people can disagree with me all you want.. bottom line. You are going to NEED Anabolic /Androgenic Steroids to place in the top 10 of WSM... Hell to even get to the WSM you will need them. Not one single NATTY WSM CONTESTANT...

The question you should ask yourself. DOES THIS MEAN ENOUGH TO YOU TO POSSIBLY SHUT DOWN YOUR HPTA FOREVER AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE ?? If you answer YES, then know what you are getting into, know the side effects, know the consequences...

Other than that.. TRAIN HARD, LIFT HEAVY, GO INJURY FREE, And GOOD LUCK BRO !!
    that was a fair, honest answer addressing the pros/cons. spelled it out nicely.

laduem88 is offline Senior Member
    yea man, 250mg of test a week is nothing...i would go like deuce said and do atleast 500mg a week of test e or c with a dbol kick start...now if your looking to not have a ton of water bloat since strongman does require speed, you could do test p @ 100mg-150mg eod with anavar .

Oakleys is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laduem88 View Post
    yea man, 250mg of test a week is nothing...i would go like deuce said and do atleast 500mg a week of test e or c with a dbol kick start...now if your looking to not have a ton of water bloat since strongman does require speed, you could do test p @ 100mg-150mg eod with anavar.
    Could just throw some Adex EOD/ED at .25 to help the bloat...

bjohnson1968 is offline Member
    Just courious What about testing? Doesn't eq stay in your system quite some time

Thread Information