lizardtongue is offline New Member

mixin anabolic steroids with other drugs.

Hi, I suffer with ulcerative colitis and i take i lot of drugs to keep it stable. Im currently taking hgh (Hygertropin) just for the feel good factor. Im going on holiday in july and i was wondering about taking anavar for 8 weeks before my holiday. Will it be safe to take this anabolic steroid with the drugs i take for my illness, Im taking prednisone, (cortesteroid) azathioprine, allopurinol, and mesalazine... Pls if there is anyone out there who knows the answer? I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Ben

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Age?
    Stas?
    cycle exp.?
    Goals?
    Who put you on the growth?

Hi, thanks for the swift reply!
    Im 31, 6'1 and weigh 87kilos or 191 pounds, i am also very lean. I put myself on growth as i have very little energy with my illness and its made a huge difference to my energy levels as i train very hard at the gym i have used anabolic steroids before but not since i have been diagnosed with Ulcerative colitis.

I am no doctor but I am familiar with most of these meds. Let me first ask you, do you have any other medical conditions? Liver disease, kidney disease?

No none at all, apart from that i am very healthy and my diet is squeaky clean.

Thanks again.

I think ultimately, because of your condition, you need to involve your doctor. If you do decide to use any aas it would be insane to not have a doc follow your bloodwork. I will tell you that alot of those medications are immunosupressive and a couple of them can cause symtoms like high bp, inflamation of both the liver and kidneys. These are side effects that can be exacerbated by aas, particulaly orals. Is you uc in remission?

I gotta run, but let me just say that I would consult your physician before you make a decision. I hope this helps. Also, if memory serves, I think Titanium posted some good info on this issue. Look up his thread.

hunterwells is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tboney View Post
    I think ultimately, because of your condition, you need to involve your doctor. If you do decide to use any aas it would be insane to not have a doc follow your bloodwork. I will tell you that alot of those medications are immunosupressive and a couple of them can cause symtoms like high bp, inflamation of both the liver and kidneys. These are side effects that can be exacerbated by aas, particulaly orals. Is you uc in remission?
    ^ invaluable post dude, thats some great advice

Yes im remission, still losing a little blood but not flaring up. Im always having blood tests and everything reads a ok! I just thought it would be ok as its the least toxic aas. Off the record, my consultant warned me about aas steroids but he doesnt know anything about them. He just said it could make my condition worse. would primo be a better option? Its just with the prednisilone (which is only a small amount of 4mg a day) I find it impossible to build muscle and if anything prednisone is catabolic. but if u think its to risky i will not take any at all.
    Thanks

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tboney View Post
    he is really going to have to find a doctor he can trust then. The ones I have seen are always like "omfg stop taking steroids , dont you watch the news??!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMaleDawg View Post
    he is really going to have to find a doctor he can trust then. The ones I have seen are always like "omfg stop taking steroids, dont you watch the news??!!!"
    Tell me about it! Also when they realise u have more knowledge than they do with certain subjects they feel very threatened!

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardtongue View Post
    Tell me about it! Also when they realise u have more knowledge than they do with certain subjects they feel very threatened!
    lol for sure. I told some female doctor I took test while i was in a for a checkup and she gave me a dirty look like she was about to lecture me

Thread Information