Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Questions on Anavar ONLY Cylce both Dosage and Length

604420 is offline New Member

Questions on Anavar ONLY Cylce both Dosage and Length

K so I've been doing a ton of research and I know there are already threads on this but I wanted to start me own. I am 25 6'1" 205 and have been training most of my life. I am looking to run an Anavar only cycle and still an not 100% on what dosage and length I am going to run. I am thinking between 50-60gms and 8-10 weeks with a PCT of Nolva for 3-4 weeks after 40,40,20,20 (or something like that). I am going to split the var up throughout the day prob 30 in the morning and then 20 at night on the 50mgs and then 30/30 on the 60mgs option.

PLEASE let me know which has worked best for everyone and any suggestions.

OH also any suggestions on whether taking creatine at the same time will help?

Later and thanks for the input

laduem88 is offline Senior Member
    8-10 weeks is long, id say 6-8 weeks. also as far as dose anything less than 70mg ed is a waste IMO

Mr Busta sweat is offline Junior Member
    Iam going to try Some Var myself. I have it already and just waiting to get through with Pct. I read a Thread that BJJ made on a Var Cycle and he coverd everything rather Detailed. I think His was right around 10 weeks, Iam going to start my dosage at 20mg with Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Than after a couple of weeks raise my after noon dosage up ten or fifteen more mgs, they say that var has an 8 hour half life, wouldnt taking more at lunchtime make an evening WOrk out better. Or maybe it don't work like that??
    Roger8823 likes this.

I don't think I am going to run anything more then 60mgs but what are the reasons behind running only an 6-8 week cycle instead of a 8-10?

Also no one has answered my creatine quation on whether I should be using that at the same time? I have heard it helps during a var cycle

paddy155 is offline Member
    This is an oral only cycle my friend is about to run. He is currently very lean and is looking to add some lean mass and harden up. The reason he is using oral's is because he has a phobia of needle's. His cycle look's like this -

10 Weeks Anavar 50mg Every Day
    6 Weeks Winstrol 50mg Every Day

Week 11: 40mg Nolva/100mg Clomid Every Day
    Week 12: 30mg Nolva/50mg Clomid Every Day
    Week 13: 20mg Nolva/50mg Clomid Every Day

I myself am not experienced enough to comment on a cycle like this.
    I do know though that their are many people on this board against taking oral's only and the duration that they should be ran.

amostofi1999 is offline Associate Member
    you can check your liver and do blood work mid cycle and decide if you want to continue var or not. this is the safest way imo

yarite is offline Junior Member
    The good thing with Anavar is that it's not toxic to the liver. From doing the reading, I don't see why you wouldn't do atleast 80mg a day. I've looked into this as well but running it with Test. The main reason why I didn't is cost. Anavar is one of the most expensive.

PistolStarta is offline Senior Member
    why would you want to hamper your results with only 60mgs

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I'd definitely go with 80mg/day.

And creatine is fine with it.

nilrac is offline Member
    I think I am going to run it at 60mgs a day for 6wks. I wouldn't run it for more than 8 weeks personally and I noticed with BJJ's log that 70mgs or above per day increased sides with no real gain (if I remember correctly).

Even though it is considered mild, it is still an anabolic steroid . And at dosages of 60mg+ it will have an affect on the liver not really documented as it was never intended for this kind of dosage medically as far as I know!

If you want to read the best information online for a var cycle pertaining to bodybuilding/training then look no further than BJJ's var log on this very forum... excellent log.

PistolStarta is offline Senior Member
    You may as well just run a still legal PH cycle as it would yield similar results at 60mg a day. Mdrol I'm sure you could gain close and still be legal.

nilrac is offline Member
    I tend to stay away from PHs.

I like the look of var. I've done alot of research on it and I think it will give me good gains with the training regime I have. I don't care about legality. Perfectly legal to have AASs for personal use in the UK .

I could always up the dosage to 70mg or 80mgs a day. Still not 100% sure on it right now. Will have gear and PCT hopefully in next month or so.

Anyway. either the var or pharmaceutical Testosterone Enanthate at 500mgs a wk for 10wks... lol

Decisions, decisions...

laduem88 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolStarta View Post
    You may as well just run a still legal PH cycle as it would yield similar results at 60mg a day. Mdrol I'm sure you could gain close and still be legal.
    lol m-drol and var are nothing alike....m-drol is like anadrol without the bloat

Someguy123 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolStarta View Post

well if you would just take the time to read any of the logs people have written about their var only cycles. you would see that youre quite wrong. there have been many here making awesome gains on var only cycles from 60-80mgs.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by 604420 View Post
    K so I've been doing a ton of research and I know there are already threads on this but I wanted to start me own. I am 25 6'1" 205 and have been training most of my life. I am looking to run an Anavar only cycle and still an not 100% on what dosage and length I am going to run. I am thinking between 50-60gms and 8-10 weeks with a PCT of Nolva for 3-4 weeks after 40,40,20,20 (or something like that). I am going to split the var up throughout the day prob 30 in the morning and then 20 at night on the 50mgs and then 30/30 on the 60mgs option.

I ran a tbol/var cycle not too long ago(40mg/60mg per day respectively) fpr a cutter and though it was pretty good for an oral cycle, i ran it for 8 weeks

For pct i would run clomid/nolva for 4 weeks(some might say the clomid isn't needed but it's cheap insurance)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Busta sweat View Post
    Iam going to try Some Var myself. I have it already and just waiting to get through with Pct. I read a Thread that BJJ made on a Var Cycle and he coverd everything rather Detailed. I think His was right around 10 weeks, Iam going to start my dosage at 20mg with Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Than after a couple of weeks raise my after noon dosage up ten or fifteen more mgs, they say that var has an 8 hour half life, wouldnt taking more at lunchtime make an evening WOrk out better. Or maybe it don't work like that??

The reason for taking dosages throughout the day is that when you take a pill or do an injection, the body IMMEDIATELY starts metabolizing the compound, so if the compound is test, then your test levels start to rise as more and more of the compound is metabolized

If you were to take say a month of injections all at once, the rise and fall in blood concentration levels would be huge compared to some who pinned 10x in that month

When blood concentrations rise and fall constantly it throws the body out of equilibrium, which it doesn't like, so it has to devote energy(that could be going to use making muscle or burning fat) into stabilizing blood levels and the various other things that just got thrown out of whack

So to answer your question: Taking things more often will result in less sides TO A POINT, taking anavar 2-3x a day is fine, anything more and it's just psychosomatic fear, especially since anavar and tbol are 5 alpha reduced and thus can't aromatize to estrogen, so no estro sides

I don't think I am going to run anything more then 60mgs but what are the reasons behind running only an 6-8 week cycle instead of a 8-10?

Also no one has answered my creatine quation on whether I should be using that at the same time? I have heard it helps during a var cycle
    Orals are normally 17-alpha-alkalized, this means that the compound has been changed at the 17th position(if you're interested in this just ask and i'll explain) to allow it to survive the first pass through the liver. Most people don't realize it but the liver is a freaking beast, anything you take has to be broken down in the liver eventually, so it has a big job

But some things(like oral steroids ) are hard for the liver to break down so taking them for too long can cause liver damage, so it's best to keep oral cycles short since you can't LIVE without your LIVEr

BTW, anavar and tbol are both very mildly hepatotoxic(liver toxic) so they can be run a little longer than winny, dbol, drol, etc... which are very harsh(winny and halotestin are very very harsh, as is methyltren)

Quote Originally Posted by Someguy123 View Post
    well if you would just take the time to read any of the logs people have written about their var only cycles. you would see that youre quite wrong. there have been many here making awesome gains on var only cycles from 60-80mgs.
    i wouldn't say he's flat out wrong, but maybe this is a misunderstanding, see anavar/tbol don't cause water retention so gains are very "lean", while prohormones cause LOTS of sides

The reason i would choose var/tbol over a prohormone is simple, prohormones are analogs of steroids , they take the structure and change it so that when you take a prohormone, it converts to something like a steroid in the body, but here's the problem

There is no such thing as 100% efficiently in this world(if there was, you could create a perpetual motion machine that would run forever without any added energy, talk about being green)

For example, codeine is an opiate found in tylenol 1, 2, 3, and 4 and is used for the treatment of mild pain. How it does this is that when you take, say 100mg of codeine, your body looks at it and says,"You know what, you look alot like morphine, i think i'm gonna shift you around and make you morphine, so the 100mg of codeine(which has an efficiently to morphine of around 10%) turns into 10mg of morphine(see all the loss of compound?)

So to recap, PHs convert to steroids, but they are more toxic and normally will result in more sides due to a secondary conversion needed to form their final products

HOPE THIS HELPS BROS

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    Very nice post Phate.

wrapped it up the loose ends nicely.

Moto

i have heard rumours that if you take liv 52 or milk thistle is not good to run WHILE ON the cycle since it can make the var less effective and should only be used post cylce. Anyone got a answer here?

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    i dont see how that would be possible. both are liver support, and have nothing to do with metabolizing the compound. Var is pretty easy on the liver but you only have one so take care of it. better safe than sorry.

Moto

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post

i wouldn't say he's flat out wrong, but maybe this is a misunderstanding, see anavar /tbol don't cause water retention so gains are very "lean", while prohormones cause LOTS of sides

The reason i would choose var/tbol over a prohormone is simple, prohormones are analogs of steroids , they take the structure and change it so that when you take a prohormone, it converts to something like a steroid in the body, but here's the problem

There is no such thing as 100% efficiently in this world(if there was, you could create a perpetual motion machine that would run forever without any added energy, talk about being green)

For example, codeine is an opiate found in tylenol 1, 2, 3, and 4 and is used for the treatment of mild pain. How it does this is that when you take, say 100mg of codeine, your body looks at it and says,"You know what, you look alot like morphine, i think i'm gonna shift you around and make you morphine, so the 100mg of codeine(which has an efficiently to morphine of around 10%) turns into 10mg of morphine(see all the loss of compound?)

So to recap, PHs convert to steroids, but they are more toxic and normally will result in more sides due to a secondary conversion needed to form their final products

HOPE THIS HELPS BROS
    some great information here. thanks for posting that.

i was just reffering to the point about people NEEDING to take 80-100mgs to make gains. that is plain not true. its just like how everyone has this idea, that you NEED 500mg/wk of test to make gains. whereas many people will make great gains off less doses, and save themselves a lot of sides. and there is documentation from people here that proves this.

and when it comes to anavar, its so expensive. so why not try lower dose, and see what you gain?? if you dont gain, then bump it up. but if you do gain, you just saved yourself money, and less sides.

i have heard rumours that if you take liv 52 or milk thistle is not good to run WHILE ON the cycle since it can make the var less effective and should only be used post cylce. Anyone got a answer here?
    Liver supporting supplements are supposed to move the nuclei of the androgen receptor while using orals and MAY decrease their efficiency, but if so it won't be noticeable

Quote Originally Posted by Someguy123 View Post
    some great information here. thanks for posting that.

i was just reffering to the point about people NEEDING to take 80-100mgs to make gains. that is plain not true. its just like how everyone has this idea, that you NEED 500mg/wk of test to make gains. whereas many people will make great gains off less doses, and save themselves a lot of sides. and there is documentation from people here that proves this.

and when it comes to anavar, its so expensive. so why not try lower dose, and see what you gain?? if you dont gain, then bump it up. but if you do gain, you just saved yourself money, and less sides.
    Agreed, less can certainly be more sometimes, though i will say that anavar taken over 100mg/day produces amazing strength gains so i hear

skitz1 is offline Junior Member
    I've run two anavar only cycles before. The first one at 40mg ed for 6 weeks and the second at 50mg ed for 9 weeks. I had decent gains from both cycles. On the last 50mg ed cycle I gained 9 pounds of lean mass and had good strength gains. I've also known people who've had good results on this dosage. Some people really go for overkill on it.

However, mass gains stopped at around the 7th week as did the strength gains. Still I was pretty impressed given what I'd heard about having to use a high dosage to see any results.

Steroidman99 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy155 View Post
    This is an oral only cycle my friend is about to run. He is currently very lean and is looking to add some lean mass and harden up. The reason he is using oral's is because he has a phobia of needle's. His cycle look's like this -

10 Weeks Anavar 50mg Every Day
    6 Weeks Winstrol 50mg Every Day

Week 11: 40mg Nolva/100mg Clomid Every Day
    Week 12: 30mg Nolva/50mg Clomid Every Day
    Week 13: 20mg Nolva/50mg Clomid Every Day

I myself am not experienced enough to comment on a cycle like this.
    I do know though that their are many people on this board against taking oral's only and the duration that they should be ran.
    The combination is good - as for anabolic effect. But it certainly isn't healthy and side-free. The doses may also be unnecessarily high.

There are safer oral choices for a cycle with Anavar: Primo (no liver toxicity, but very high cost), T-bol (but I had pitiful results with it), Epistane/Havoc (I have never taken it, but heard a lot of good things about this stuff).

Ok so now Im thinking of maybe running a higher mgs a day dosage and cutting the time of the cycle. I was leaning towards 60mgs for 8-10 as posted but now am interested to know what the difference i might see in results by doing a say 80mgs for 50 days (7 weeks plus a day just due to bottle size 10mgs*100 pills = 1000mgs a bottle).
    Can anyone give me a rough idea of what difference I might see in those two cycles.
    Thanks

Loaded61 is offline Junior Member
    Ok so now Im thinking of maybe running a higher mgs a day dosage and cutting the time of the cycle. I was leaning towards 60mgs for 8-10 as posted but now am interested to know what the difference i might see in results by doing a say 80mgs for 50 days (7 weeks plus a day just due to bottle size 10mgs*100 pills = 1000mgs a bottle).
    Can anyone give me a rough idea of what difference I might see in those two cycles.
    Thanks
    i wouldnt shorten the cycle length of the cycle.you can only gain so much muscle per week...the faster you make your gains the faster you will lose them

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

40-60mg daily has always been more than enough for me...some venture higher. For strength it stacks real well with creatine.

K guys so last question I have before starting...I am going to run 60mgs for 50 days....PCT i think im gonna just run Clomid 40/40/20/20 so 4 weeks of PCT....is that enough....would anyone else do something different?

kojak_x is offline Associate Member
    Creatine should be used after your cycle too help keep gains.
    Integrityinside likes this.

tappeast is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kojak_x View Post
    Creatine should be used after your cycle too help keep gains.
    I've heard/read alot, that VAR gains are likely to be keepable, obviously PCT helps with that.....anyone else have success holding onto to strength/size gains with VAR?

I am also thinking of doing a VAR only cycle.

K guys so last question I have before starting...I am going to run 60mgs for 50 days....PCT i think im gonna just run Clomid 40/40/20/20 so 4 weeks of PCT....is that enough....would anyone else do something different?
    did you mean Nolva?? that looks like nolva dosing. and i would also throw in clomid for 50/50/50/50. many people say its overkill, but better safe than sorry.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi

Anavar only cycle?
    Well, if I had to run it again, using my previous experience I would:

. No more than 8 weeks length since after 6/7 I saw no strenght increase neither weight.
    . No more than 80 mg per day since I experienced severe dizziness at that level.
    . I would ingest the half early in the morning at breakfast and the second and last dose in the early afternoon, like 7:30am, 2pm. In this way, your HPTA at night will have the less amount possible of Oxandrolone running in the blood stream, so your LH and FSH values might be always within the normal ranges and your PCT recovery much easier. This was my case.
    . I would not run Nolvadex at 40 mg ed, too much. 20 mg ed is just fine.
    . I would add Clomid the first 2 weeks at 50 mg ed and then the last week only Nolvadex at 20 mg ed. Basically, Clomid 50/50, Nolvadex 20/20/20.
    . All of the above makes no sense to me if one does not have a proper blood work before to compare to the one taken the last week of the cycle, before the PCT. One more 5/6 weeks upon the cessation of PCT.
    . The addition of Mesterolone (Proviron ) is a good idea, IMO.

Good luck
    Last edited by BJJ; 02-02-2010 at 04:14 PM.

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Busta sweat View Post
    8 Weeks actually.

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by nilrac View Post
    I think I am going to run it at 60mgs a day for 6wks. I wouldn't run it for more than 8 weeks personally and I noticed with BJJ's log that 70mgs or above per day increased sides with no real gain (if I remember correctly). correct

Even though it is considered mild, it is still an anabolic steroid . And at dosages of 60mg+ it will have an affect on the liver not really documented as it was never intended for this kind of dosage medically as far as I know! right

If you want to read the best information online for a var cycle pertaining to bodybuilding/training then look no further than BJJ's var log on this very forum... excellent log. grazie
    Oxandrolone is surely less harsh on the liver compared to other orals but this does not mean one can run it 10/12 weeks expecting no severe sides, IMO.

BJJ
    I forgot, I would not touch creatine since Oxandrolone can handle everything by itself.
    Why adding more stress on the liver and kidneys?

Creatine is for those who want to be natural, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    I forgot, I would not touch creatine since Oxandrolone can handle everything by itself.
    Why adding more stress on the liver and kidneys?

Creatine is for those who want to be natural, IMO.
    during pct and in between cycles why not use it? 5g pre and post workout is not enough to cause liver or kidney stress as long as you are properly hydrated and creatine has been proven many many times to be beneficial

i think that one should use all the advantages one can, especially cheap ones like creatine, but that's just me

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    during pct and in between cycles why not use it? 5g pre and post workout is not enough to cause liver or kidney stress as long as you are properly hydrated and creatine has been proven many many times to be beneficial

i think that one should use all the advantages one can, especially cheap ones like creatine, but that's just me
    Agreed.

Though, personally to have beneficial from creatine I need more than 10 g per day. So, to me is not a good compound and when I speak I do in relation of my experience, otherwise I state differently.

AndriodLee is offline Associate Member

How Much Proviron?

Anavar only cycle?
    Well, if I had to run it again, using my previous experience I would:

. No more than 8 weeks length since after 6/7 I saw no strenght increase neither weight.
    . No more than 80 mg per day since I experienced severe dizziness at that level.
    . I would ingest the half early in the morning at breakfast and the second and last dose in the early afternoon, like 7:30am, 2pm. In this way, your HPTA at night will have the less amount possible of Oxandrolone running in the blood stream, so your LH and FSH values might be always within the normal ranges and your PCT recovery much easier. This was my case.
    . I would not run Nolvadex at 40 mg ed, too much. 20 mg ed is just fine.
    . I would add Clomid the first 2 weeks at 50 mg ed and then the last week only Nolvadex at 20 mg ed. Basically, Clomid 50/50, Nolvadex 20/20/20.
    . All of the above makes no sense to me if one does not have a proper blood work before to compare to the one taken the last week of the cycle, before the PCT. One more 5/6 weeks upon the cessation of PCT.
    . The addition of Mesterolone (Proviron ) is a good idea, IMO.

Good luck
    and when would you suggest throwing it in to the cycle?

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by AndriodLee View Post
    and when would you suggest throwing it in to the cycle?
    I experienced that up to 80 mg ed of Oxa, 50 mg ed of Mes is enough.
    I would take it since the beginning.
    Last edited by BJJ; 02-04-2010 at 04:43 AM.

taiwanguy is offline Junior Member
    I might have missed it, but I'm wondering why you want to run anavar only vs something else. I ran an anavar only cycle and was HUGELY disappointed. Maybe because I'm not in the single digit bf%? Could be the anavar wasn't good? (got super dizzy when I went much above 80mg, also couldn't sleep at night, had strength gains but nothing like I'd read about. I assumed it was legit though) Anyway, after that experience I think I'd choose to do a dbol only cycle over anavar only any day of the week. (Not to mention the anavar was ridiculously expensive compared to... everything else.)

(I don't know how this forum works, if it turns into a flame fest if you say something like that, but my bloodtests are perfectly normal, I'd advise you get yours checked before/on/after cycle as well, no matter what you're running.)

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by taiwanguy View Post
    I might have missed it, but I'm wondering why you want to run anavar only vs something else. I ran an anavar only cycle and was HUGELY disappointed. Maybe because I'm not in the single digit bf%? Could be the anavar wasn't good? (got super dizzy when I went much above 80mg, also couldn't sleep at night, had strength gains but nothing like I'd read about. I assumed it was legit though) Anyway, after that experience I think I'd choose to do a dbol only cycle over anavar only any day of the week. (Not to mention the anavar was ridiculously expensive compared to... everything else.)

(I don't know how this forum works, if it turns into a flame fest if you say something like that, but my bloodtests are perfectly normal, I'd advise you get yours checked before/on/after cycle as well, no matter what you're running.)
    Thanks for sharing.

The fact Oxandrolone is a good compound for some does not mean it has to be the same for others.

taiwanguy is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for sharing.

The fact Oxandrolone is a good compound for some does not mean it has to be the same for others.
    I understand that. I was just giving the original poster my personal experience with it and was curious why he chose anavar .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information