Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bobby_world is offline New Member

Re-using a drawing pin?

I was told to use a drawing pin because it is not good to use the same pin that you have already put into the bottle to suck out the oil because the pin gets dull when you put it through the rubber.
    So I suck out the oil, then change the pin to a fresh one then inject.
    1. Is this necessary?
    2. Is there a way to keep this "drawing pin" clean so that I can keep re-using it instead of wasting 2 needles every time?

number28 is offline Associate Member
    I would change pins for two reasons
    1-as you stated that it dulls the pin (trust me your glut or quad will let you know)
    2-i actually use a larger pin to draw and a smaller pin to inject as it just slides right on painlessly

There not pricy either

B1gDaddy is offline Associate Member
    I've never heard of this "drawing pin" before but im positive its not necessary, the pin will still glide in smoothly if you've only used it to draw once an then putting it straight into you after, and using a new pin every injection is always safe, an ive always injected into my quad with a 23 gage 1.5" pin an never had any probs what-so-ever

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby_world View Post
    I was told to use a drawing pin because it is not good to use the same pin that you have already put into the bottle to suck out the oil because the pin gets dull when you put it through the rubber.
    So I suck out the oil, then change the pin to a fresh one then inject.
    1. Is this necessary?
    2. Is there a way to keep this "drawing pin" clean so that I can keep re-using it instead of wasting 2 needles every time?
    It depends for me, if the topper on the vial is cleaned off with alcohol before drawing, and if the pin I am using will draw easily enough (water based vs oil based) then I will pin with the same one. If the oil is difficult to draw through say, a 25g pin, then I will draw with 22 or 23g, then pin with the 25g.

I never keep the pins though, even if I only draw with them. They are cheap enough, just toss them after use.

number28 is offline Associate Member
    U also want to minimize any possible infection so don't try and attempt to clean and reuse drawing pins

B1gDaddy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by number28 View Post
    U also want to minimize any possible infection so don't try and attempt to clean and reuse drawing pins
    ^^ Agreedd!! some of those infections can get nasty too so just spend the extra few bucks for a new pin!

CanYouDigIt is offline Banned
    I wouldn't waste time changing pins, I mean it gets duller a little bit, do you notice it? no.

Infections? your injecting in a sanitary vial, into a rubber that you passed alcohol on it,

waste of time imo, and drawing with a 23g, is fast, and its goes in like butter, !~

Thread Information