mkim32 is offline New Member

how to build up your nerves

i have a freind who is scared of needles..... i cant alway be around to help him... what can he do to help him build his nerves for self-injections

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How old is he? Maybe he is just not ready. Age/maturity has a lot to do with it.

I HATE needles. I do it because I know the benefits and how I felt before being on HRT compared to now.

If he/you are not kids, you are at least in your mid 20s then do it for him so he will see it's painless.

cobra305 is offline Member
    Tell him to put on his big boy pants. Once he does it for himself he will realize it really is not that bad or painful. The best way to build up his nerves is to let him do it himself.

hkntbro is offline Junior Member
    its all in his head, its not from the age. first time i did self inj i was on 15 and i wasnt scared at all.
    i though the fear disapear after u see theres no pain..... its all in his mind, up to him

Sometimes being in your head is enough but common sense rules with age. LOL

When I was 5 I had a doctor scare me with a needle. I had a bladder problem and needed surgery.

I was strapped to this table that tilted. I had an IV in, no biggie. They tipped me upside down. Not very comfy wearing a gown and being 5. Nothing exposed but still....

The doctor walked over to the sink/counter. picked up the BIG ass syringe and up on a needle that was like 12 in long and 12g? Im sure it was one of those for rabies.

He starts walking towards me laughing.... I FREAK out.... He laughs even more, turns around, takes off the big ass needle, puts on a long tube and little needle to go into the IV.

I will never forget that and still want to xxxx him.

brokendown is offline Junior Member
    My kid age 1 at the time, would cry when getting a shot, but when I told him to watch the needle go in, he never cried after that, he would get pissed off if the nurse or doctor tried to turn his head away.

There may be something simple to your friends fear, am guessing from the way he was injected as a child, yes he should just BE A MAN , but you may be able to find out what part of the injection process actually bothers him the most, and work with that .

Have him do all of the process except the actual insertion and see if that helps.

Kiki is offline Associate Member
    First time I injected, I sat in the bathroom for 3 hours. After that first time, it becomes easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki View Post
    First time I injected, I sat in the bathroom for 3 hours. After that first time, it becomes easy.
    Sounds like my daughter. She never cried except for 10 seconds once until she saw me laughing then she laughed.

Someguy123 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkim32 View Post
    i have a freind who is scared of needles..... i cant alway be around to help him... what can he do to help him build his nerves for self-injections
    the only thing you can really do, to get over the nerves is just do an injection. i always hated needles, and had a buddy who would do my shots for me. it didnt take long, and about my 5th shot into my cycle. my friend was out of town, so i had no choice but to take the plunge and do it myself.

to this day, i still cant stand watching someone stick me, like when i get blood taken, or get innoculations. but i can stick myself without any nerves at all. so much easier to just do it yourself i find.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Everyone is dif. My boy does his own injections all the time no problems. If he goes to the Dr. and needs a shot he faints.

dieseljimmy is offline Associate Member
    I remember that like it was yesterday. I balked like 5 times. used 10 swabs and cleaned my whole ass cheek.

some dudes dont like needles and never get used to it.
    I now dont feel like I an juicing unless I shot every morning.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    25gage or higher cant feel a thing!!! Just force him to do it on his own... its all down hill from there!

LouHulk is offline Associate Member
    Honestly what helped me was to have my friend come over. He knew I hated needles and I had no clue how to even draw up the stuff in the syringe. I let him draw up the first shot and get it ready then he just told me how and where I should inject. I understand if your not comfortable having another guy do it for you. You need to learn yourself. The first few injections will be a learning experience and might not go very well. Just minimize the damage and try to do everything like your told. Best option is to get comfortable with the process then have your girlfriend do it for you. I have trouble aspirating the needle once it's in but if you have someone to do it for you it will go much smoother. But be comfortable doing it yourself.

Try not to look at the needle more than you have to all it will do is add to the nervousness.

Tell him all of this and it might help.

1Limey is offline New Member
    its def all in the head,i remember when i saw my buddy pull out an inch and a half needle and he told me he was going to stick it in my arse cheek,i swear in my head it was like someone was going to stab me with a big knife and the pain would be horrendous,didnt even really feel it go in was so surprised that the inch and a half needle felt like nothing,2nd shot i did on my own as he watched me go threw the whole process just to make sure i was doing it right,that in itself boosted my own confidence next thing you know im looking at all the diff muscles you can inject and trying it

Hard.On is offline Senior Member
    play darts with him,
    when he goes to grab his darts from the board,
    throw one at his ass.

and then say that was a 1g needle
    AAS needles are 25g and will hurt 25x less

R51FAN is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    play darts with him,
    when he goes to grab his darts from the board,
    throw one at his ass.

and then say that was a 1g needle
    AAS needles are 25g and will hurt 25x less

Sorry this one made me laugh my ass off

gunslingerKA is offline New Member
    just did my first pin today. Was going to do the quad but went for the glutes instead. Didn't hurt a bit, hands shook the needle a bit while it was in and that didn't even feel painful. Your friend will be fine, just tell him not to look directly at the needle when he pins, only after its broke the skin.

D_iamond is offline Junior Member
    poking yourself is the most fun part!!!!!

JScondition is offline Member
    tell him to realize how worth it sticking himself will be

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Quote Originally Posted by mkim32 View Post
    To start a test susp cycle.
    You want to overcome your fear, you need to face it.

BIG_GUNS_21 is offline Member
    tell him to carfully remove his tampon and shoot it himself...LOL

Seriouly if your there, tell him if he wants to continue to cycle to man up and do it. Once he does his first couple with you there he will see that there is nothing to it. He may never LIKE needles, but atleast he will be able to do it himself. And if he cant, maybe hes not ment for the world of aas.

B1gDaddy is offline Associate Member
    hahah this sounds very familiar for me too thing is though i did my 12 shots of my first cycle on my own with no probs an then come 2nd cycle i have to get my brother to do it cause i just got this mental block going on that i cant seem to break through. I sat in my living room holding my pin an using 345792 swabs over my injection site after it dried up from waiting too long and eventually pinned myself.. but thats how it is every injection so i just get my bro to do it for me now lol

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Sorry for some reason when I seen the thread title I thought this was going to be about which steroid stregthens the nerves Lmao and with the threads that we have had here who knows LOL.

Thread Information