g_bains is offline New Member

Is there a point in just taking one cycle?

so after posting here a week ago, I realized that I am not yet ready to take gear, however, a friend of mine is going to start his cycle of strictly test (cest) and he is saying that this will be his only cycle he ever takes. I don't really know, but would that even do anything? Wouldn't all his gains he got from the test eventually diminish if he stops taking steroids after his one cycle even if he continues lifting and dieting? I told him that he would just go back to where he would have been if he were just doing everything naturally. I'm not even close to being an expert so what do you guys think?
    Last edited by g_bains; 04-12-2010 at 02:44 AM.

Morgoth is offline Associate Member
    You're right. He will eventually loose all the gains, though it will take around 6 months or so. If his diet is good he could keep them longer, but eventually he will loose them.

At least, thats what happened to me.

Exilus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    You're right. He will eventually loose all the gains, though it will take around 6 months or so. If his diet is good he could keep them longer, but eventually he will loose them.

wrong. it all depends on the user. i lost only about 5 lbs from my first cycle's gains, thne after 4 months i re-started gainning naturally...

Alphakhymn is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post

no, that doesnt happen bro

why would he eventually lose it? once he gains the muscle, after the cycle, the muscle is like any other muscle in his body.. and because he has more muscle, he has to eat more to retain it. If his diet is good, he shouldn't lose ANY of the muscle

CanYouDigIt is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphakhymn View Post
    no, that doesnt happen bro

why would he eventually lose it? once he gains the muscle, after the cycle, the muscle is like any other muscle in his body.. and because he has more muscle, he has to eat more to retain it. If his diet is good, he shouldn't lose ANY of the muscle

don't make stupid assumptions, you do eventually lose the muscles you have gained, maybe not all of it but you do. (unless you gain 10 pounds, and your still below your natural expectations)

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    I believe it depends if he is at his natural platou when he starts the test it will be harder to maintain, but not impossible, if his diet is perfect and he keeps hitting the weights harder than ever he may be able to keep most of them. It takes a very dedicated person to do this imo.

amostofi1999 is offline Associate Member
    one of the members(his id was batman or something) is having this problem right now. he juiced with good natty base but after his second cycle he says he cant maintain his extra mass more than few months.
    im still considering steroids but it is a damn dilemma.you should not start until you are close to your natty max and if you go beyond your natty max, you wont be able to maintain for long....

Muscle, whether it's natural or enhanced requires the same to maintain itself. FOOD. You need to keep a high protein diet 1.5g-2g per lbs or whatever works for you. Some get by on 1g per lb. And carbs and fat according to your TDEE. This varies for each individual so find out yours. The reason batman and a large percentage of people lose their gains is because it was mostly water retention as opposed to lean tissue and the do not eat accordingly. With that said nobody stops at one cycle. Once you have crossed over to the dark side there's no come back.

g_bains is offline New Member
    hmmm okay I guess there's been some mixed results concerning this issue. I always thought there was no point in just taking steroids just once, but my friend says he's going to do it so we'll see how that goes for him.

dieseljimmy is offline Associate Member
    If done for bodybuilding/cosmetic purposes -Once to start you cant stop until you are totally done. you cant gain 20 lbs on muscle/water on cycle get off lose 10 pounds and be happy about it. When I am off cycle all I can think about is getting back on. hence my longer and longer cycles- HRT is in my future.

Thread Information