slucky is offline New Member

First time Anavar user (Oxanavar 10mg)

Hey everyone,

I am a first time AAS user and have decided after much reading to go with Anavar for what I need in terms of results. I am 37 years old and have been a regular body-builder since 1997. I hover around the 200lbs mark, am 5'10" and at around 14% body fat.

I have a regular 4 day a week, one set of muscles per week workout program that I have been following religiously for years, I also enrolled in the Body-for-Life fitness competition a few years back and became one of the finalists.

I have however noticed that at my age now I have to work harder and watch my food intake much closer to stay at my optimum. I guess what I am now looking for after all these years of being a gym rat is a little help. I have tossed this idea around for a couple of years and swore I would never take steroids .
    But times have changed and I need a boost. I know there is an inherent risk involved with anything you do but I am old enough to decide for myself where I will go with this. What I can tell you now is that I have already purchased Oxanavar 100 x 10mg tablets and am ready to go.

I plan to do the 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off slingshot workout cycle. I eat very healthy, 5 to 6 meals a day, get plenty of rest and don't drink. Smoke about 5 cigarettes a day. Yeah, I know, but I do...

My question is this; how much Anavar should I take a day? I read in the Var section of the website that anywhere from 20 to 80mg would be sufficient, up to a 100mg. Do I take it before or after the workout, and do I break it up throughout the day or take it all at once? Do I take Anavar on my non workout days too?
    If I plan on doing 100mg a day, the bottle will only last me 10 days! Pretty far short of the 8 weeks I'm supposed to be taking it, not to mention the 2 weeks 'slow' period when I will be slowing down on dosage. Also, during the 2 weeks period, how much less of a dosage should I be taking, and do I use the pills on my days off (from training)?

I have heard a lot of suggestions to combine Anavar with other products, but I do not want to do this at this time. Yes, I'm new at this. But I'm also an old school body-builder and I have lots of training experience. I just need some help with the dosages guys. Any assistance would be great!

This site is awesome btw. Very informative!
    Last edited by slucky; 05-02-2010 at 07:02 PM.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Yes, you're going to need more var if you want to run it for 8 weeks.

60-80mg/day is a good dose.

Var has an 8hr half life, so I would split the doses up throughout the day.

Yes, take it on your non-training days as well.

I wasn't really clear on your "slingshot" plan. But if this is your first run with any AAS, I would just run it for 8 weeks and do you pct.

You do have a pct planned, right?

jcmcnorton is offline Junior Member
    I agree 60-100mg is a good amount, especially if you want to burn alot of fat and build moderate muscle at the same time you will need a much higher dosage. Seeing as how Anavar is VERY expensive you may want to consider buying it in raw form (oxandrolone powder) I cannot discuss further but it is cheaper by leaps and bounds.

Is is safe to keep taking my creatine and vitamin supplements while on Var, or is that too much of a strain on the liver? Also, what is a pct plan?

The slingshot training method is 8 weeks heavy training, heavy supplements, 2 weeks lighter training, lighter supplements.

Thanks for the response guys.
    Last edited by slucky; 05-01-2010 at 06:57 PM.

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmcnorton View Post
    I agree 60-100mg is a good amount, especially if you want to burn alot of fat and build moderate muscle at the same time you will need a much higher dosage. Seeing as how Anavar is VERY expensive you may want to consider buying it in raw form (oxandrolone powder) I cannot discuss further but it is cheaper by leaps and bounds.
    Burn a lot of fat? With Anavar ? I'm sorry but from my experience and others I know, Anavar does not burn fat very well.... despite the rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by slucky View Post
    Is is safe to keep taking my creatine and vitamin supplements while on Var, or is that too much of a strain on the liver? Also, what is a pct plan?

The slingshot training method is 8 weeks heavy training, heavy supplements, 2 weeks lighter training, lighter supplements.

Thanks for the response guys.
    Yes you can take your creatine and Vitamins while on Var.

PCT = Post Cycle Therapy . Click the link below, you'll find what you need to know

http://forums.steroid.com/pct-post-cycle-therapy/

Hey again,

I was under the impression Anavar does NOT aromatize (cause you to produce estrogen, hence the gyno and testes shutdown), one of the few AAS that does not. At least according to many websites and forums, including this one...see

http://www.steroid.com/Anavar.php

Am I wrong? Do I still need to take estrogen inhibitors...? That IS what you meant by PCT right...?

forte is offline Junior Member
    Hey again,

I was under the impression Anavar does NOT aromatize (cause you to produce estrogen, hence the gyno and testes shutdown), one of the few AAS that does not. At least according to many websites and forums, including this one...see

http://www.steroid.com/Anavar.php

Am I wrong? Do I still need to take estrogen inhibitors...? That IS what you meant by PCT right...?
    what d7m meant is that even thought var will not aromatize (convert to estrogen) you still need a good pct in place and that is mainly for restoring your hpta functions. the hpta refers to the hypothalamus-pituitary-testes-axis. this is the endocrine system's primary androgen and testosterone making area for males. var will not completely shut down your hpta but it will decrease it to a certain degree.
    my favorite pct:
    day 1 - clomid 200mg + nolvadex 40mg
    following 20 days - clomid 50mg + nolvadex 20mg
    but before anything i strongly recommend to do more research. you will find more than enough on this website.
    good luck!
    Last edited by forte; 05-02-2010 at 01:16 AM.

Thank you guys. Your knowledge and insight is invaluable.

One more thing. When you do the pct you are completely OFF the var, right? Any chance you can go with either Clomid OR Nolvadex , and not have to use both? Here's what I had in mind:

Week 1 - 8
    80mg Var (40 mg twice a day, every day)
    Four day a week heavy training routine

Week 9 & 10
    40 mg Var (20mg twice a day, every day)
    Four day a week medium to light training routine

And then four weeks PCT, using 50mg clomid per day, every day, no Var at all.

Repeat cycle.

Does that sound like it would work, in your opinion...?

forte is offline Junior Member
    One more thing. When you do the pct you are completely OFF the var, right? Any chance you can go with either Clomid OR Nolvadex , and not have to use both? Here's what I had in mind:

Week 1 - 8

Week 9 & 10

Repeat cycle.

i guess the use of clomid only for this kind of cycle will do. imo 3 weeks will be enough just to avoid the sides that many complain about.
    "repeat cycle"? you will take some time off wright?

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

Week 1 - 8

Week 9 & 10

Repeat cycle.

Var taper? 10 weeks of var? Anavar has shown to be much more liver toxic than the bullshit rumor that is parroted over and over on the net. And then you want to do PCT for 4 wks (which is hepatoxic as well) and jump right back into another var cycle? Liver problems aside, jumping right back on the same compound will lead your body to build a tolerance to it, you must switch compounds. Why the taper anyway? It can be useful with some AAS, but not var. Or do you buy first then plan the cycle around that, in essence shortchanging yourself, instead of sitting down figuring out how you want your cycle to look first and then buy what you need?

and the smoking..well not gonna lecture you there..

Thanks for the response. So OK, instead of a 10 weeks Var cycle I will do an 8 week cycle, then the pct. And how long should I stay off Var completely before repeating the cycle again? Any suggestions...?

Hey powerlift mike, you obviously know your stuff. So here's a new cycle.

Week 1 - 8

Repeat cycle after break. We talking weeks, months?..not sure with Var...

Arian is offline Associate Member
    Normally it is the time you were on cycle plus the time you were on pct. So 12 weeks. Not 100% sure if it is applicable to Var or not.

sirrah2508 is offline Associate Member

Week 1 - 8

The usual consensus is time on+PCT = time off

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

Week 1 - 8

For a subsequent cycle I was implying using a different AAS. Like do a short winstrol cycle next time. After PCT please take time off to give the liver a rest. Basically the longer the better when it comes to compound reusage, an exception would be testosterones tho. At least take a month off post PCT.

BTW the above cycle is much improved.

JuiceMonkey007 is offline New Member
    Var is very efficient even when used alone
    and it kicks in fast(as of the 4th day)

IMHO, 4 weeks with var is enough to build lean mass and have an amazing dry cut look

no need for pct with 4 or 6 weeks cycles

I will start the new regiment in a few weeks, just gaining strength since I was off sick for a little while. I'm a little apprehensive, reading the various posts I dont look forward to the potential diarrhea or yellowing of the skin(?) that I read about. But this comes with the territory, so regardless, I'm ready. I will acquire the proper dosage before I start, and train like I'm on fire. All you guys have been awesome, thanks for the crucial information. I will keep you posted with the results as and when they take shape! According to juicemonkey007, 4-6 week cycle does not require pct..? That could save me a bit of money for sure. Then I could take 4-6 weeks off and start over, hopefully retaining all my gains. If anyone else has any comments please feel free. Again, appreciate the support...

azz10 is offline Associate Member
    u might wanna try tbol after var..so ur body wont build up a tolerance to var.. or maybe a tbol/var combo.. pretty good results have been noticed from people who tried it..

I'm starting my cycle tomorrow. 80mg a day of Anavar , for a maximum of 6 weeks. No pct. Anyone have any thoughts on that? I'm trying to minimize use of different products. If 6 weeks is too long, how about 4 weeks, 80mg a day of Anavar, no pct?

Any advice would be great. I've already had JuiceMonkey007 confirm this. Anyone wanna back him up?

Thanks...

Super [W]hormone is offline New Member
    http://www.mesomorphosis.com/steroid...s/dianabol.htm
    read that about taking a steroid alone

Thanks for the link, and I've read a lot about Anavar btw, but it still doesn't answer my question. Anyone out there done an Anavar only cycle with no pst? I'm looking for experience here and unfortunately it's not in the articles. Any advice would be great.

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Alright this has gone on long enough..... 6 weeks at 80mg/ed is not long enough.... the dose is right but you need at least 8 weeks.

Whether you run it for 3 weeks of 12 weeks..... you need PCT, unless you are female. So get your PCT in order before you start.

My experience..... 2 var only cycles not just stuff I read about..... stuff I've actually done.

Good Luck

Thanks anyways. Already started. I ask a lot of questions cuz the articles, and I've read many, don't answer practical questions. A lot of different opinions makes it confusing too.

And good luck to all of you.

Thread Information