Thread: Needles

wnt2grow is offline New Member

Needles

I have been pinning over a year, never had a fear or a problem until lately. The last 4 times I have pinned I hit a nerve or something 3 times. I was trying to pin yesterday it did it again, I pulled the pin out and haven't tried again, well about to try now and I am scared to pin. Also are Vet needles different? I get mine at a local farm supply store.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Try a different site to inject, to be honest ive no idea if vet needles are different but there isnt a chance id use them anyway, id stick with human needless for sure lol

setian is offline Associate Member
    Farm store? Why would a farm store have needles? Maybe those are thicker needles than the normal ones like one of the sponsors of this site.

The farm store has them for injecting farm animals, I use a 22g 1in in my quad. I have had no problem until just recently.

ArmedHammerd is offline Associate Member
    I have bought some pinns from the farm store 21 gaugex 1 inch work well for quads

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Try a different site to inject, to be honest ive no idea if vet needles are different but there isnt a chance id use them anyway, id stick with human needless for sure lol
    I agree with Marcus try a different site. In your case it may be purely physical but Ive noticed things like this are sometimes psychological. I got a really bad infection in my quad on my first pin. I kept pinning but never got comfortable there. I switched to shoulders. I would describe the sensation as painless and so easy to do that there is little to no "psych-out" pre pin. I have heard the same story I just told, but told by someone who hates to pin delts. So try a dif site.

Thanks guys for all the help, I have needles on order, I just got done pinning in my quad, and will try shoulders. I am injecting 2.5 ml is that to much for shoulders?

tomt45 is offline Associate Member
    There is nothing wrong with using vet syringes. They are sterile just like any other syringe. I used to buy mine from fleet farm but no longer do just because I don't like using 21 g needles. Buy them online.

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wnt2grow View Post
    Thanks guys for all the help, I have needles on order, I just got done pinning in my quad, and will try shoulders. I am injecting 2.5 ml is that to much for shoulders?
    Yes, in my opinion.

Try laying down on your side and injecting into your glutes.

Then , if you feel anxious or dizzy, you have no where to fall to.

(I'm Serious).

23X1-1/2

Best

T

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Agreed.. I never do more than 2ml in delts and that's pushing it for me. Are you tightening up before you inject becuase you're tense about pinning? Relax and take it slow. Don't forget to aspirate .

B*R*A*D UK is offline Associate Member

Red face

i hade the same problem with legs. got a big infection in them. so now i just jab in ass. try using a 21g. you might think its better.

bjohnson1968 is offline Member
    its not uncommon to hit nerves when injecting quads depending on what area of the quad..I seem to hit them more often if I go straight down from the top of my leg IMO I find it better to go in from the outside of my leg

Quote Originally Posted by bjohnson1968 View Post
    its not uncommon to hit nerves when injecting quads depending on what area of the quad..I seem to hit them more often if I go straight down from the top of my leg IMO I find it better to go in from the outside of my leg
    See I am also going in from the top(if we are thinking along the same lines). My quads are not as big as I would like and can't seem to find the right exercise to bulk them. Either way I figured straight down would be less of a chance on hitting a nerve.

ArmedHammerd is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomt45 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with using vet syringes. They are sterile just like any other syringe. I used to buy mine from fleet farm but no longer do just because I don't like using 21 g needles. Buy them online.
    LOL thats were I bought my last box they work fine but are a lil bit more punchier than a 23 ill stick with what I got for a while LOL

Someguy123 is offline Member
    i had no problem pinning quads, for about 3 or 4 cycles. then suddenly, i was hitting a nerve everytime i tried to inject. so i havent injected quads in years now. i rotate glutes and delts.

Thread Information