• 2 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: New female member questions about Anavar vs SARMS

surfermum is offline New Member

New female member questions about Anavar vs SARMS

Hi everyone
    New here! I have some questions that Im sure have been asked before:
    A little background
    37 year old mom looking to decide between anavar and SARMS . I am 5'7.5 and 150-160lbs. Im looking to shed some body fat that doesnt ever seem to go away even with 3 days of weights and 2 days of hot yoga a week. Mainly midsection and upper thighs/glute area. I also notice myself losing strenth over the years. Id like to put on some muscle mass while leaning out. Ive read so much about both anavar and SARMS and am conflicted. I have sensative skin so am worried about acne in particular with other drugs. My diet is pretty good, low sugar and alcohol 1 x week but I do struggle with carbs as I love them so much! I have had a c-section so building abs and core is a challenge with my scar tissue. I also have a spinal injury that is fully healed but I do get some neck and sholder pain when I work out hard. (seeing a chiro) to help with this. What are some experiences with anavar and SARMS? Only taking birth control and injectable b12 at the moment. Only mild health issues are thyroid levels a little low but no cause for concern. Good heart, liver etc but have had some cervical cancer in the family and abnormal paps in the past but clean bill of heath to date.... healthy sex drive, want to keep it that way LOL

Sorry if it's a stupid question I'm still learning

Thanks everyone

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I don’t think females should take any anabolic drugs IMO. These are masculinizing drugs, including sarms . SARMs are dangerous in that we know many of them are toxic already, but for many, we don’t know the long term effects. I know some guys on here take them and they’ll probably recommend some, but if you care about your health, I’d steer clear of SARMs. If you struggle to lose weight now, it won’t get any easier with steroids . They make you hungrier. My recommendation would be to improve your diet and work out more consistently. Get some blood work done to see where your thyroid levels are. A hypoactive thyroid could result in increased body fat. To me it just sounds like you’re not very dedicated to your diet. You say you don’t eat a lot of sugar, well, carbs = sugar.
    surfermum and Honkey_Kong like this.

tootallshorty is offline Junior Member
    Hey and welcome! I am new here as well . I cannot speak for anavar but my first cycle of Ostarine did wonders for me. I was able to lose 15 LBS, drop from 22 to 15% body fat, get stronger and retain my muscle mass all while in a significant calorie deficit. I ran it for 12 weeks at 25mgs/day, although i think the recommendation would be lower for a female. I would consult the web on dosage. Although, I should mention, SARMS are not made to help anyone lose weight. They are anabolic by nature. So you would have to stick to a good diet plan to drop the lbs. Maybe someone else here can speak for anavar. Good luck!
    Last edited by tootallshorty; 02-09-2021 at 03:11 PM.
    surfermum likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Diet is always #1 - var will help, but in a different way than you expect

Same with growth hormone - if you take it forever it will promote fat loss
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    You need to evaluate and research the risk vs reward factor. If you do decide to cycle anavar start with 5mg per day and work your way up just to be safe. 20mg per day is about max for a female
    Honkey_Kong and < <Samson> > like this.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I would first and foremost get bloodwork done on the regular. Like TM said, a hypoactive thyroid can cause you to gain weight.

But yeah cardio and diet are your best friends. If you absolutely want to take something to help a little, clenbuterol . But I really don't think you should take it.

surfermum is offline New Member
    My thyroid is low not high

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by surfermum View Post
    My thyroid is low not high
    You should ask your doctor to treat that and you should get follow up bloodwork regularly. That will probably help you a lot.

But yeah, diet and cardio are where you're going to get the best results. I would go take a look around at some of the cutting diets the ladies on this site do. The best trick I know for getting in to a diet is to not diet at all. What I mean is write down everything you eat and drink (quantities, total calories and macros) normally for a week. Then after you have a baseline made, make 1 or 2 changes to it in the direction you want to go. In your case cutting carbs. It doesn't have to be drastic. This is a marathon. Those small changes over the course of a couple months will add up.

After about a month or so, make another couple changes to your diet. Repeat.

See the theory here is that you're not really quitting anything, you're introducing a couple changes and over time, they will become part of your habit and you won't be feeling like you're dieting. And you WILL get results over time. It's not as instantaneous as changing your whole diet around, but you're more likely to stick with it and that will in the long-term get you the results you want.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

teedoff is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    You should ask your doctor to treat that and you should get follow up bloodwork regularly. That will probably help you a lot.

But yeah, diet and cardio are where you're going to get the best results. I would go take a look around at some of the cutting diets the ladies on this site do. The best trick I know for getting in to a diet is to not diet at all. What I mean is write down everything you eat and drink (quantities, total calories and macros) normally for a week. Then after you have a baseline made, make 1 or 2 changes to it in the direction you want to go. In your case cutting carbs. It doesn't have to be drastic. This is a marathon. Those small changes over the course of a couple months will add up.

After about a month or so, make another couple changes to your diet. Repeat.

See the theory here is that you're not really quitting anything, you're introducing a couple changes and over time, they will become part of your habit and you won't be feeling like you're dieting. And you WILL get results over time. It's not as instantaneous as changing your whole diet around, but you're more likely to stick with it and that will in the long-term get you the results you want.
    Very good advice here. I would also say, at least for me. I had to really look at my carbs. I'm very carb sensitive. Even good carbs for me can keep weight on depending on how much and when I eat them.

Look at what kinds of carbs you crave and try replacing them with good carbs. Sweet potatoes instead of fries. Or basmati rice instead of white rice. Thats what has worked for me anyway.

Blog Entries
    Before I suggest Clenbuterol , I’d go with a EC stack(or, if you want something with more kick - Phentermine)

Thyroid - well, I dunno. . . Mine is slow & so far I haven’t even messed with it - I know to a lady it has to be different

I don’t think anyone mentioned it - but, if you decide to run var, you don’t wanna be on birth control at the same time - birth control is some form of progesterone(or somethin)

Hard to say right off the bat, but y’all are different than guys - your weight doesn’t shed like a healthy guy’s does & I know it turns into frustration - eventually

Whatever you do, just ease into it - roids, just like all other meds/supplements aren’t a miracle drug - one cycle/run doesn’t just change your whole body, like we wish it did

kusum is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Before I suggest Clenbuterol , I’d go with a EC stack(or, if you want something with more kick - Phentermine)

Thyroid - well, I dunno. . . Mine is slow & so far I haven’t even messed with it - I know to a lady it has to be different

I don’t think anyone mentioned it - but, if you decide to run var, you don’t wanna be on birth control at the same time - birth control is some form of progesterone(or somethin)

Hard to say right off the bat, but y’all are different than guys - your weight doesn’t shed like a healthy guy’s does & I know it turns into frustration - eventually

Whatever you do, just ease into it - roids, just like all other meds/supplements aren’t a miracle drug - one cycle/run doesn’t just change your whole body, like we wish it did
    I totally agree with whatever he suggested. Being a lady you shouldn't be on the birth control while taking the other medicines. It can abuse you.
    Last edited by kusum; 05-28-2021 at 10:56 AM.

tinymuscles is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post

Just curious why you cannot take birth control on var? my wife is currently on var and is taking birth control with zero sides. Does the var make the birth control ineffective? Or you just don’t want to take both cause it’s hard on your system?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tinymuscles View Post
    Just curious why you cannot take birth control on var? my wife is currently on var and is taking birth control with zero sides. Does the var make the birth control ineffective? Or you just don’t want to take both cause it’s hard on your system?

Something to do with their hormone balance - from what I recall

Thread Information