DerrikT is offline Junior Member

First injection, advice on 'pain'

Did my first injection, went better than I expected, no pain or bleeding and I did everything as the procedure states. (in thigh) - 2ml Primobolan @ 100mg/ml

Didn't really feel anything at first.

After about 7 hours I began to feel something in the region, after 8 hours it had become uncomfortable pretty quick.

After 36 hours my muscle is quite uncomfortable. I don't have any pain just stationary, but using the leg isn't good. I wouldn't say the feeling is of pain, or even a pulled muscle. It just aches like a dead leg when I move or use it.

Seems pretty shit if 2/3 days are going to be spent without proper use of one leg and not being able to train properly

Please advise:

Is this normal?
    How can it be minimised?

kjones_usmc is offline Junior Member
    Intramuscular soreness is totally normal and does subside. Try injecting in glutes. Sleep with a heating pad for pain relief it should go away

BennyLom is offline Associate Member
    You are shooting 2ML as a beginner, it's better for you to shoot 1ML for starters.
    Recommend you shoot 1ML and then change the needle and shoot another ML into alternative site. Other than that, soreness comes with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyLom View Post
    You are shooting 2ML as a beginner, it's better for you to shoot 1ML for starters.
    Recommend you shoot 1ML and then change the needle and shoot another ML into alternative site. Other than that, soreness comes with the game.
    Thanks for this, it's something I thought about today. Wasn't sure how much the quantity would effect the soreness. If i'm going to shoot twice, I may aswell do it on following days and spread the load further.

Does the soreness get less after future injections into a certain area (does the muscle get 'used' to it)?

I might see how 1ml feels, if it effects me less, i'll do it more frequently

kjones_usmc is offline Junior Member
    I dont know if thats true or not but for me I feels like it gets less and less sore everytime i pin. mixed answers tho

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    get on AR-R and order some sterile cottonseed oil and try cutting your gear 1:1 to see if it helps with the pain. Spending about 5 minutes after an injection rubbing the injection site seems to help me a lot. Also 800mg of motrin the day after really seems to help with the inflamation. If you're pushing the plunger to fast you're also gonna expierience some pain. I spend a good 15-20 seconds just pushing the plunger for 1-1.5 ml. Some guys say that working the muscle that you've injected within a couple hours of injection helps to break up the oil and help with pain. Just some food for thought hope some of it helps

Zedik is offline Junior Member
    Your muscles should get used to the pin after a while. Sometimes I never get used to prop, always gets sore after prop shots.

I try to always hit the glutes. From my understanding you get more absorption of the hormone in larger muscle groups. I thought I read a research article on it in Muscle Development a few years back.

Atomini is offline Banned
    It can depend much on the compound you are injecting, and even what lab too. Certain labs use a higher amount of BA in the solution, and causes more pain when you inject.

Personally i've never had too big of an issue with painful injections... until NOW. I've cycled a few times before already, and I just started my latest cycle on monday of this week, and I have had the WORST injection site pain I have ever had!! I'm using Test Prop and Tren Ace in the injection, and its the first time i'm using a particular labs' stuff as well. Another factor may be that I have not done a cycle in almost 2 years.

However, from my experience, I have noted that after your first couple injections, the muscle does get used to it and the pain is less and goes away faster. But there are variables there as well.

shennen is offline Associate Member
    I was shooting too low in my right cheek and it was so sore I lost mobility. Looked like I was getting f'd in the a. Started shooting higher and slower and don't have that issue anymore.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Good advice has been given. Could be the quality of the gear, volume of injection, solvents, concentration, injection speed, virgin muscle ect.

As others stated lessen the volume of each injection, sleep with a heating pad @ night, inject in the muscle you train that day/massage thoroughly/pre-warm vial to let the oil disperse easier avoid lumps. Use a 50:50 ratio of sterile cotton/grapseed oil or another steroid . Take your time when you pin and try different areas to avoid scar tissue buildup. If the pain is unbearable in the gym and hinders your performance take some anti-inflammatory to ease the pain.

HP

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    is this the gear you brewed yourself in your other thread, and if so has anyone else used it?

1) Slow injection - Check, spent over a minute for the 2mls
    2) Massaging site - I did a bit but I don't think I spent near enough time doing it so will do more of that
    3) Using the muscle - All I did was walk around easily for the 8 hours after injection so maybe the muscle didn't get any where near as much use as it should, will change this next time
    4) Heated pad - Will try
    5) Volume of injection - 2ml, will try 1ml next time
    6) Injection site - Glutes next time, see how that feels
    7) Warm the gear - May try and warm it up a bit with my hand first
    8) Quality of the gear - I brewed it myself and was anal about it, I know what went in, concentrations of hormone and BA. I know it's defo sterile, no crashing (didn't use cottonseed oil tho.
    9) Taking anti-imflammatory - May try next time if becomes uncomfortable again
    10) Virgin muscle - Check

As I said it was the gear I made, and no one else has used it cos that would make it illegal lol, but yeh I'm happy that the gear is good.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Keep us posted.

HP

OK, so followed a number of these other things.

This time, 1ml in the left glute - injection fine again. Did more massage, used a heated pad shortly after (and slept on it that night) also worked the muscle training all day. Took some ibuprofen before bed.

No pain at all really in muscle, after 42 hours its become a little sore to touch but no probs when moving it.

Can still feel previous injection a tiny bit

All in all, a lot better this time

Thread Information