Hidden_Wrestler is offline New Member

Athletic Injuries and Steroid Questions

I need to take sterioids for rehab purposes and been researching for a long time. I still have questions that I'm not sure about. If I'm using them to heal my body up from athletics, what is the best steroid for that? And since it will be my first cycle, I'm fine with a Test only cycle. Don't really care about getting big I can do that myself when my injuries heal. That's all I really want. I've gained 60 lbs in 3 years in the past, but athletic injuries slow me down.

Stats:
    24 years old
    6' 4"
    220 lbs

Also, do steroids stunt your growth and close the growth plates up? Nobody really knows for sure... but does anybody know? If anything steroids make bones and muscles grow so they shouldn't stunt your growth , right? I saw this 7'3" kid on oprah and the doctor said he shot a steroid into the kid to make him stop growing? But it depends what steroid they used caues there's thousands of different ones. Could steroids make you taller?

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden_Wrestler View Post
    I need to take sterioids for rehab purposes and been researching for a long time. I still have questions that I'm not sure about. If I'm using them to heal my body up from athletics, what is the best steroid for that? And since it will be my first cycle, I'm fine with a Test only cycle. Don't really care about getting big I can do that myself when my injuries heal. That's all I really want. I've gained 60 lbs in 3 years in the past, but athletic injuries slow me down.
    Why do you NEED to take steroids for rehab?

What are you rehabing?

In the research you did, did it say what the best steroids for rehabing would be?

Steroids heal you faster so we can train harder. They are the ultimate healer in the medical field and physicians only prescribe them in harsh circumstances. They are a pharmacetical drug, not a street drug. But back to what I was saying, they heal the body. I know somebody that had trigger thumbs and a hernated disk and the steroids healed them right up. I'm thinking its just any steroid that will do the trick.

G4R
    Um, sorry to tell you, but you are talking about epidural steroid injections, cortisone, with the herniated disk. Not anabolic steroids .

G4R
    Now, back to my questions....

Quote Originally Posted by G4R View Post
    Why do you NEED to take steroids for rehab?

What are you rehabing?

In the research you did, did it say what the best steroids for rehabing would be?

Atomini is offline Banned
    Steroids heal you faster so we can train harder. They are the ultimate healer in the medical field and physicians only prescribe them in harsh circumstances. They are a pharmacetical drug, not a street drug. But back to what I was saying, they heal the body. I know somebody that had trigger thumbs and a hernated disk and the steroids healed them right up. I'm thinking its just any steroid that will do the trick.
    You are completely mistaken.

For the conditions you listed (as well as the guy who grew to 7 feet tall you mentioned earlier), doctors are using CORTICO-STEROIDS , not anabolic steroids. Cortico steroids are a totally different class of steroids, and they infact break down and destroy muscle tissue.

Yes, anabolic steroids for the most part can fuse growth plates closed if you are not done growing yet. It is actually the result of estrogen aromatization that does this, but if you use aromatizable anabolic steroids in supraphysiological levels, it does do this.

Quote Originally Posted by G4R View Post
    Now, back to my questions....
    I've been rehabing for over 2 years now and I just can't get my body right. I go to my chiropractor for my back and I must say he got it back to normal the best he can. My legs are the major problem, I'll have the worst leg cramps imaginible. Every moring I'll wake up and not want to get out of bed because it feels like I ran miles. I stopped working out about 6 months ago for many reason. My muscles cramps and fatigue caught up to me. But I've even stopped working out my legs for even longer. I'd say it have to be about 3 years since working out my legs. And I still get these awful leg cramps.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    You are completely mistaken.

For the conditions you listed (as well as the guy who grew to 7 feet tall you mentioned earlier), doctors are using CORTICO-STEROIDS , not anabolic steroids. Cortico steroids are a totally different class of steroids, and they infact break down and destroy muscle tissue.

Yes, anabolic steroids for the most part can fuse growth plates closed if you are not done growing yet. It is actually the result of estrogen aromatization that does this, but if you use aromatizable anabolic steroids in supraphysiological levels, it does do this.
    That makes sense to me. Cause on the show the doctor was generic about it and just said "a steroid ", that makes sense. But I don't really understand the last part you said. I look into it more.

G4R
    Well, I would talk to your doctor about the leg cramps. If you are getting them because of your prior back problems, that is something the doctor will have to treat.

If it is unrelated to your back issues, then this is something to take a look at:

Studies have shown increased electrical activity in the affected muscles, but doctors still don't know what causes nocturnal leg cramps. In some cases, it may be a fluid imbalance or a vitamin deficiency.

Treatment for leg cramps is straightforward and easy to follow. Avoid tight bed covers, which can lead to pointing of the toes and subsequent cramps. Stretch your calf muscles for about five minutes nightly before getting into bed. If you have a cramp, pull your toes back (don't point them), and, if necessary, put your foot on the floor and lean forward.

Some evidence suggests that a potassium deficiency may cause nocturnal leg cramps. Many sleepers have eliminated their cramps entirely just by making sure they eat plenty of potassium rich foods, including

•Bananas, apricots, nectarines, dates, grapes, or raisins

•Beans

•Cabbage/broccoli family of vegetables

•Oranges, grapefruit, and their juice

•Pork and lamb

•Potatoes and corn

•Saltwater fish (for example, tuna)

•Tomatoes and tomato juice

Of course, if you wake up with a leg cramp, a banana's not going to do you much good, so here are some tips to relieve cramps immediately:

•Apply a hot compress to the cramped muscles.

•Massage the cramped muscles.

•Stretch and flex. Lie on your back in bed, lift your legs, extend them toward the ceiling, and then point your toes to the ceiling and flex them slowly back toward your calf. Repeat this flex and stretch until the cramps stop. For an extra good stretch, grab your toes while still in this position and pull them down toward your knees. You'll feel this stretch working in the back of the calf muscles.
    Other studies have linked cramps to dehydration. Staying adequately hydrated at all times is a good idea for many reasons, so add preventing nocturnal leg cramps to the list. Finally, pregnant women, dieters, people taking diuretics, (medications that increase the amount of urine you produce) and people who've experienced a bout with vomiting and diarrhea may also experience leg cramps because their calcium and phosphorus levels get out of whack. If you fall into any one of these categories and you have a bout of nocturnal leg cramps, consult with your doctor for the best course of treatment.

Where are the cramps specifically?

critical is offline Junior Member
    eat some bananas, bro

My cramp are mostly in the hamstrings and the calves. I'm always tight, I have to stretch everyday or I'll pay for it. I've noticed that vitamins dehydrate my body so I avoid taking them at night.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    My cramp are mostly in the hamstrings and the calves. I'm always tight, I have to stretch everyday or I'll pay for it. I've noticed that vitamins dehydrate my body so I avoid taking them at night.
    You think that vitamins dehydrate you?

Sure, they make your piss yellow (B Vitamins do this), but that doesn't mean you're dehydrated.

BTW, why would you expect anabolic steroids to help with your mysterious leg cramps? Just about every AAS increases cramping by throwing off your electrolytes. Oh, and "cramping" does not constitute an athletic injury. Do you have any real injuries?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    OK to start off I feel your pain, literally. I have back issues. I have had to have 2 surgeries due to 3 ruptured disks. I have had 3 sets (9 injections) of epi dural steroid injections. I NEVER want to have another one again... They hurt and do very little to help pain.

I have leg cramps/pain. In the mornings I have to roll out of bed EVERY morning. I can not sit up. I can not put my socks on, tie my shoes or bend over for the first 30 minutes. If I lay day anytime to take an nap it's the same thing all over again. If I sleep with my feet/knees elevated it helps quite a bit but it's hard to do this for long. Try putting pillows under your knees.

As for dehydration, drink MORE, more, more water. Dont stop taking multi vitamins. Find a good back doctor, not just a chiropractor, there is only so much they can do for you. I still go to one once in a while but sometimes you need more.

Also as said, eat banana and other food high in potassium. Go get some DEEP tissue therapy done, I have found this helps on the legs, not so much the back for me but it still is nice.

BTW stretching is good but if you dont do it ALL the time you can get sore and cause more cramping. Dont over stretch if you are not use to it. Take it slow, easy but do it daily or better 2x a day, EVERY day.

AAS will not help you heal, it does nothing for the bones. Athletes recover fast because the have aggressive physical therapy every day, they use heat and ice therapy daily and have doctors/therapist on hand 24/7.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 08-17-2010 at 05:28 AM.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    You think that vitamins dehydrate you?

Sure, they make your piss yellow (B Vitamins do this), but that doesn't mean you're dehydrated.

BTW, why would you expect anabolic steroids to help with your mysterious leg cramps? Just about every AAS increases cramping by throwing off your electrolytes. Oh, and "cramping" does not constitute an athletic injury. Do you have any real injuries?
    I find this to be the case as well concerning cramping. When I am on a cycle for a few weeks once blood levels are high and stable, I find that my muscles (certain ones at least) can tend to cramp during really intense contraction. This seems to happen even worse when I use stronger anabolics such as tren .

For any issues related to your back, or muscle tightness I highly, highly suggest you start doing some Yoga. An hour once a week will work wonders on all those problems. It is hard and tricky at first, but once you get into it after a month or so it really, really helps. With my screwed up wrist I have had to stay away for a couple of months, but I cannot wait to go back to it. I used to think is was hokey, hippie crap, but boy was I wrong. I gave it a serious try a couple years back and plan to continue for life based on the results.

Thread Information