pugilist is offline New Member

looking for an edge

whats up everyone i no next to nothing about steroids aside from what ive seen in bigger stronger faster and read in anobolic primer so bear with me. Ive bin boxing for about a year and i do plan on competing soon ive also bin lifting for about a year. My question is would using steroids help me out in the ring and if so which ones. Obviusly nothing could replace hours in the gym(boxing gym) but anything i could do to gain an edge is worth looking into

Sector is offline Associate Member
    Training and lifting for only a year is an indication that you arent ready to cycle. Im not saying this to hog the aas, im saying this to prevent you from getting injured and screwing up whatever possibly boxing career you may have.

Lets get some stats anyways.

Weight
    Body Fat
    Goals for cycle
    Proposed Cycle ( if any ).

height:5,6

weight:130

body fat:6 percent as of 4 months ago when i kept track for wrestling

i have a few reasons id want to try using steroids . the first one would be performance enhancment and weight gain. since im natrually very lean its hard for me to cut weight forcing me to compete at my natrual weight ware as alot of peaple are cutting down a weight class. the second reason would be looks.

Sector is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pugilist View Post

Your to young and very light. Here is an article written by Marcus, one of the Vets here.

In humans your Endocrine system is not fully functional until an average age of 25yrs, although the main development is up to around 21yrs it still fluctuates a little bit up to its fully functional age. There is a risk of permanently damaging your HPTA if you take AAS to young and you could end up with symptoms of andropause and HRT for life. Symptoms could be Limp dick, low libido, depression, low energy, low endurance, erection problems and many more but.......are these the types of symptoms you want to have in your 20's?. Believe me its hard to cope with these in your 40's yet alone in your prime of your life.

Around this age your Testosterone levels are the highest they going to be in your life naturally, so use what you have and don't take the risk of damage, I am passionate about this because ive seen it many times with young kids wanting to looking like their heroes and they think the answer is in an injection/tablet.

Taking AAS to young can also cause problems with development, one other main problem is premature sealing of your epiphyeal bone and the consequences mean that you wont grow as big as your genetics could allow you to, there is a test which can be done to see if your growth plates have sealed yet but the average age is around 21yrs old.

TRAINING
    You need a few years of hard training under your belt before even considering taking any kind of anabolic support, people who jump on a cycle to soon without having some quality years under their belt usually results in injuries, it takes time to develop your connective tissue, tendons and nervous system to heavy overload training. Slowly getting your own system use to these kinds of extreme's will only help in muscle growth later on when you do decide to start taking AAS.

Build a solid foundation for muscle tissue to grow and maintaining and development will be far greater than without it. Many younger guys will start cycling before they have reached their genetic potential which is crazy when a good solid diet and training program will be far beneficial and productive to muscle building.

Workouts should be mainly focused on basic movements with a priority of over loading the muscle each and ever time you train, increasing your strength and ability to lift in proper form will help with building the foundation for future development

DIET
    A lot of younger bodybuilders don't know how to eat. Researching and understanding how your own body responds will help you get to your natural limit, the right food at the right time and a full understanding of proteins,carbs, and fats will only help you succeed in achieving your natural goals. Keeping a diet diary will also help you understand the importance of macro, nutrients, calories and should help you see in which areas you could be going wrong in adding lean muscle tissue.

No matter how much anabolic support you have it will be worthless without proper nutrition, food will help build and maintain your valued muscle weather its natural, cycling or in PCT. Adjusting your food intake and consuming muscle building foods coupled with a solid training program will help you achieve your natural limit and foundation before you start AAS use.

This area is a huge problem with the younger guys and I can't express enough how important diet/food is when first starting out, post and pre training nutrition are very important and understanding how to load and feed the body will help push growth and create a very natural anabolic environment.

TRT2010 is offline Member

body fat:6 percent as of 4 months ago when i kept track for wrestling

i have a few reasons id want to try using steroids. the first one would be performance enhancment and weight gain. since im natrually very lean its hard for me to cut weight forcing me to compete at my natrual weight ware as alot of peaple are cutting down a weight class. the second reason would be looks.
    sorry man but you are no where near ready for AAS. i can guarentee your diet is not good at all. At 18 you natty should help you out alot and your chewing will do even more... Just keep eating and the weight will come guarenteed

thanks alot im gunna stay away from steroids for the time being

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Before you go eating everything in sight what wieght class do you ultimatley want to be in? But i also agree 18 is way to young. All those guys in Bigger faster stronger, would say the same as well

Knowing your intended weight class would help a lot. You also have to remember that in boxing you want to stay lean for your height. The muscle is good for power, but if you have to carry it for 12 rounds it will tire you out much more, and you risk punching yourself out against a skilled opponent. Also, the taller you are the longer your reach typically. I tend to think that 1-3" of reach advantage is not a big deal, but when you get into 4" and up it becomes a serious advantage.

At 5'6" and 130 I'm thinking you are looking to be a junior lightweight or a lightweight. At most I'd think you'd be wanting to gain 5lbs. There's no need to take drugs to gain 5lbs of muscle. You can do that in 3-6 months naturally at your age with no problem.

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    thanks alot im gunna stay away from steroids for the time being
    Good call pug, besides steroids will not harden up that glass chin of yours!

J/K!!

Good luck in the ring!

Thread Information