Rando911 is offline Associate Member

Can you SLOW your metabolisim?

I have a very hard time gaining weight, no matter what I do. Some may call it a "hard gainer". Anyone know any tricks how to slow your metabolisim? I eat like a horse, and can eat anything I want without gaining weight. I am currently on a test 500 Deca 250 every week. I started out at 175 and 8 weeks later I am 187. I have plateaued for nearly 3 weeks and cant gain no matter what I do. I am drinking weight gainer w creatine, and lifting 5 days a week. What else can I do?

jojomcgo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rando911 View Post
    I have a very hard time gaining weight, no matter what I do. Some may call it a "hard gainer". Anyone know any tricks how to slow your metabolisim? I eat like a horse, and can eat anything I want without gaining weight. I am currently on a test 500 Deca 250 every week. I started out at 175 and 8 weeks later I am 187. I have plateaued for nearly 3 weeks and cant gain no matter what I do. I am drinking weight gainer w creatine, and lifting 5 days a week. What else can I do?
    Maybe if your looking to gain weight you should eat more work out less maybe cut down to 3days a week work out even if your not doing cardio that much and your just sticking to weights the more muscle you have the more calories you burn, maybe post your diet and work out in the diet section im sure a vet will give some tips as im really not sure i have no problem with weight gain.

Numb uK is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojomcgo View Post
    Maybe if your looking to gain weight you should eat more work out less maybe cut down to 3days a week work out even if your not doing cardio that much and your just sticking to weights the more muscle you have the more calories you burn, maybe post your diet and work out in the diet section im sure a vet will give some tips as im really not sure i have no problem with weight gain.
    Indeed, it's well worth visiting the diet section here. I'd suggest making a note of everything you eat in a typical day and then drafting it on here for people to see. I'm sure you'll be able to get plenty of constructed critism.

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    I would have more cheat meals to get in extra calories to be honest. It's a good problem to have if you ask me

fig
    fig is offline Member
    I used to have a ridiculously high metabolism. I can guarantee eventually it will slow, so enjoy it while you can. I agree with Alpha on the cheat meals, just get as much protein as you can out of them. There is also medication you can take to increase appetite. Megace I've heard is good but no idea if it's expensive, hard to get or harsh on the body so do some research. Also...heavy weights, low reps, minimal to no cardio, and you should never let yourself get hungry!

zoltans4 is offline Junior Member
    this problem is definantly common, but most of the time its diet related, like I can eat anything I want, but is 2 big meals etc... Post your diet in the diet forum and you will get help whether it be increase meals, foods, drink a gallon of milk a day et...

You can definitely slow your metabolism. Stop eating and it will grind to a halt. The problem with that is that then you will lose all your gains and most of your muscle.

I have to agree that it should be handled with diet. Check out the diet forum. It isn't unheard of for guys to need to eat 6,000 calories a day, or more to gain.

crionics is offline New Member
    I just had a guy at my gym review my diet...His advice to slow my metabolism was to cut back from 8 smaller meals a day to 5 or 6 bigger meals. We'll see how it works, but I'm definitely not as hungry as I was while eating the same number of macronutrients spaced over 5 meals. Might be worth a try

That theory is valid. Give it a try and see how it works.

Thread Information